MMMM stuffing. Something I look forward to every year for Thanksgiving. I haven't had "normal" stuffing in years so this year I made an entire meal
for myself. Yup I made an 11lb turkey and all the trimmings including an appetizer plate filled with my favorite munchies.
Everyone makes stuffing differently and love checking out new recipes as long as I know what it is BEFORE I put it in my mouth. Last year I bit into
stuffing and it was oyster stuffing. It turned my stomach esp since i"m not an oyster fan. I had never head of such a thing in my life. The people's
house I was at wasn't the traditional feast I'm use to so the stuffing wasn't a surprise. This year I wanted to have MY stuffing without the
oysters. I don't think I'll ever forget that. I literally spit it out on my plate, it was a gag reaction lol
Mblah's Sausage Herb Stuffing
1lb of Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
1 1/2 cups of chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
5 cups of stuffing (use fresh bread crumbs or the bagged kind)
1 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1 tbs chopped of each fresh sage, rosemary and thyme
5 tbs butter
1 cup chicken broth
1. Put stuffing in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Cook sausage in a large skillet, drain and set aside. SAVE the sausage grease you drain from the pan and put back into the pan!!
3. Melt the butter in the same pan with the sausage drippings. Sautee onion, mushroom and celery til onion is tender but not fully cooked.
4. Add herbs and chicken broth and stir til mixed.
5. Add the veggie mixture and sausage to the bowl of stuffing. Mix well. Stuff bird or cook in casserole dish covered with foil for about 35mins, til
the top is golden brown. I usually take the foil off the last five mins if I dont put it in a turkey.
Whatever doesn't fit in the turkey I usually add to the roasting pan around the turkey and add a little chicken broth. It makes for a GREAT gravy
when the the turkey is done. I usually pour all the drippings from the pan into a sauce pan and add about 1/4 cup of flour and whisk away til blended
on medium heat.
I only have pics of it in the turkey on on the table with my feast
Yes I ate most of this by myself. Heck what do you expect a pregnant lady to do?
Let it go to waste?
My mini feast for 1 and a half lol