It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 days Wandering through the Desert.. With the Devil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know the story of Jesus being tempted by the devil while soul searching for 40 days in the desert.

Just wanted to clear up my interpretation of this story that has intrigued our imaginations.

If you were a man. Common carpenter. And you had an epiphany. Out of nowhere like a ton of bricks being "the father" or more clearly the "dreamer" hits you in the face or just starts to really sink in. You'd feel like it was time to really meditate on all that you thought you knew and thought who you were.

If at any time you really started thinking about it. And your environment that you grew up in consisted of beliefs in angels and a holy father. And you were coming to grips with being the son.

Wouldn't human pride begin to try and TEMPT you into trying to take advantage or test this in ways that are not normal?

Here's what I'm saying someone comes along one day and says hey your god. One day it all starts to make sense. Next thing you know your thinking well if I'm god I could jump off this cliff and the angels will catch me!

It wasn't no deity. It was his pride!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Horus resisted temptation when taken to the desert of Amenta up in a high mountain by his rival uncle Seth, who tried to persuade him into dividing the throne of Egypt between them..

They just swapped out Seth with Satan in the story.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Actually, I think the origins go back even more than that to Sumeria.

Enki/Ea was sometimes represented by the ideogram for the number 40. One of the translations for his title was also Lord of the Earth.

So, Jesus spends 40 days and 40 nights in a desert to be tempted by and to become essentially Lord of the Earth. All a little too coincidental for me.
edit on 25-11-2012 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Perhaps...

All holy books when studied can be read literally or figuratively.

The later being the better method for none religious people to take some kind of morals from the stories...

Try talking figuratively with some folks though and watch out!

SS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectiveT

Enki/Ea was sometimes represented by the ideogram for the number 40. One of the translations for his title was also Lord of the Earth.

So, Jesus spends 40 days and 40 nights in a desert to be tempted by and to become essentially Lord of the Earth. All a little too coincidental for me.

Ahh Sumerian gods...

Anu - Ah New = A New
Enlil - AeN Leel = Unreal
Ea - Ae Ah = Aeon

If you decode all the way down to 10 It basically says.. A new unreal aeon. In honor voodoo shaman aura enable.

I'm guessing this is what they believed the (ascension) at the end of the year is. Dimension shift?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

"40 days" to Jewish people in Biblical times didn't mean exactly forty days, it was shorthand for "a long time," because the number 40 was used to mean "lots".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectiveT

Why in the world would you find cuneiform texts in ancient Sumer which is basically ancient Babylon the center
of Baal worship of Satan set up by Noah's grandson, Nimrod trustworthy? He attempted to build the tower Ba Bal to oppose GOD so that he would rise above any flood waters that GOD might send.
GOD confused the language.

40 was the prescribed amount of days of fasting in the Bible when in deep prayerful meditation and healing.
Satan chose to approach Jesus at that time and tempt him first with food to break his fast.
Then he offered him all sorts of things in which to sway him away from doing something in sacrifice to GOD to treating himself and bringing pleasure to himself to honor Satan. Satan is all about the do as thou wilt thing, yuo know. One thing to note: Jesus did not deny when Satan showed him all the kingdoms then and now were in his hand. He simply rejected these counterfeit kingdoms to have dominion over.
He knows what they are based on as well as we do.

Who would wish to be king over a corrupt, brutal and greedy kingdom? Not a rhetorical question.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
You know the story of Jesus being tempted by the devil while soul searching for 40 days in the desert.

Just wanted to clear up my interpretation of this story that has intrigued our imaginations.

If you were a man. Common carpenter. And you had an epiphany. Out of nowhere like a ton of bricks being "the father" or more clearly the "dreamer" hits you in the face or just starts to really sink in. You'd feel like it was time to really meditate on all that you thought you knew and thought who you were.

If at any time you really started thinking about it. And your environment that you grew up in consisted of beliefs in angels and a holy father. And you were coming to grips with being the son.

Wouldn't human pride begin to try and TEMPT you into trying to take advantage or test this in ways that are not normal?

Here's what I'm saying someone comes along one day and says hey your god. One day it all starts to make sense. Next thing you know your thinking well if I'm god I could jump off this cliff and the angels will catch me!

It wasn't no deity. It was his pride!

Soul searching? He was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit.
I don't think I'm God, according to my signature there is only one God and I am not the one, BUT I have been caught by an angel before, landing extremely gently to the ground in slow motion and being left with an immense feeling of love and joy, guess what I said, "WOAH!! I'm going to try that again!" and I went back to climbing.
Yes, the bible says that Satan tried to take advantage of Jesus, but you're trying to twist Jesus' character by misleading people who have no interest in reading the bible for themselves into thinking that Jesus was just having a "proud moment", well that doesn't fly with me because Jesus quoted scripture to Satan in response to those "generous offers", and so you tell me, if you can, why would a proud man use scripture to refuse to be the king of the hill?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

No I'm saying there is a simple answer for everything and that a lot of the bible is written in metaphors because of the vocabulary retardation.

Being led by the holy spirit is soul searching!

You wouldnt happen to be the same user who has multiple accounts always proclaiming you don't believe your god right? As if to say someone is rubbing it in your face every breathing and waking moment of your life as if maybe you have some personality problem that might make you feel immediately inadequate are you?
edit on 27-11-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Wonders

No I'm saying there is a simple answer for everything and that a lot of the bible is written in metaphors because of the vocabulary retardation.

Being led by the holy spirit is soul searching!

You wouldnt happen to be the same user who has multiple accounts always proclaiming you don't believe your god right? As if to say someone is rubbing it in your face every breathing and waking moment of your life as if maybe you have some personality problem that might make you feel immediately inadequate are you?
edit on 27-11-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

Oh please, I don't care if you think I'm a troll.
Honestly I'm not impressed with your psychological skills.
The bible says something about simpletons like yourself.
“How long, you simpletons,
will you insist on being simpleminded?
How long will you mockers relish your mocking?
How long will you fools hate knowledge?
Proverbs 1:22

new topics

top topics

join