It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A recap of strange things which have happened around the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah, this is my first time posting in this forum, but I found a good vid on the 'tube which is about 19 min long and recaps all the oddities which have happened since 2012 started. I do NOT think anything will happen on Dec 12.. 21... whatever date it is. I really do not. HOWEVER, all of this footage in one vid does make me wonder exactly what is going on as a whole.

I kind of like how it's a huge recap from everything from strange sounds to animals dying in bunches to strange lights, the mini ice age deal, asteroids, and how even the news covers it (which to me made all the vids on youtube about the sounds etc more real. If news covers it..... well....). I like how this is in one convenient vid and touches on everything so far. Sadly it was posted in April so I'm sure more things weren't covered obviously but this still gives a good look.

edit on 25-11-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Maybe the angels playing trumpets were a natural event of the earth that form the basis of Armageddon happening. Nothing at all to do with god or religion, just a warning of something coming soon. Pole reversal? Impending increase in volcanic and seismic activity? Climate change? Who knows. I guess we'll find out if something is going to happen in the next few years. It will be very interesting to be here and observe what happens, something that has not been witnessed in many thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Im sure one could pick out many random years and say lots of weird things occurred... 2011, record number of tornadoes in the US ( the US doesnt represent the world however, though some chose to ignore this)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
december 18..check this out...

blog.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I watched the video.

90% of the events seen within the footage have already been debunked, how then can taking 90% debunked material and compiling it together into a 19 minute short mean anything?

Most of what was shown has been debunked on this site no less.

How can one take any of this seriously for one second?

Which, brings me to my next train of thought; the earth and humanity have a host of very real problems to solve.

I don't need to mention them all by name I hope?

Perhaps we should then concentrate our efforts on them?

SS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
how do people let themselves be manipulated by a video on youtube?
I just don't understand how you can be so naive and then make life changes based on a video.
Some of the YT comments are just sad

I normally like year recap videos like this one though lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Theory 1: earth has a serious case of human-induced indigestion. All the pollution and pillaging of natural resources has compiled to the point that ecosystems, environment, natural rhythms, etc have added up to things being off-kilter on a large scale.

Theory 2: Maybe the world has always had craziness going down, but we're just so hyper-aware and connected to everything now that every time someone breaks wind there is a corresponding tweet on the topic.

Theory 3: HAARP! lol

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Which, brings me to my next train of thought; the earth and humanity have a host of very real problems to solve.

I don't need to mention them all by name I hope?

Perhaps we should then concentrate our efforts on them?

But we need the distraction of all these fake problems to keep us from facing the real ones. Its much easier to cry about a pretend problem than a real one we can do something about. That way we don't actually have to do anything. We can just pretend to be concerned about our pretend problems.

Bring on Niburu...

edit on 25-11-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Heh, well said.

I sometimes joke around and say; I should have just mentioned the word Nibiru in my thread about Israel just to get some attention

Anyway...

SS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well the op is right there is certainly alot in the news and now I was just sent a video from 2 days ago from Lebanon news, its only 30 seconds but its showing 2 crazy huge suns, anyone know how to translate Lebanese? www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

90% of it debunked, really? Where? Many people have heard these sounds. Many animals (always of the same species) are found dead, including trees is one case. The video features mostly mainstream reports of this. To say that some of it was staged, as a copycat sort of thing, okay, maybe. But much of this is well-reported and known about.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by facehole
Theory 2: Maybe the world has always had craziness going down, but we're just so hyper-aware and connected to everything now that every time someone breaks wind there is a corresponding tweet on the topic.

Most plausible of your theories.

---- Pictures of the sun's "tornadoes"; our technology and study of the sun has increased dramatically so we cannot say that these "tornadoes" never occurred in the past.

---- Sounds in the atmosphere; these are a bit harder to determine. Some could be hoaxed (dubbed sounds), a fun internet/YouTube meme, or something really strange. This one I cannot say either way. A quick story, while not sounds, illustrates this. Last winter my coworker was picking me up and I was starring up at the sky at the Luxor light they beam up. In the beam, there was reflective "orbs" swirling around the light. In my 5 years in Vegas, never saw it and even he was intrigued. Turns out it was bats reflecting the light. The unknown is always the eeriest.

---- "Cloud Tsunamis" These are naturally occurring phenomenon and just because the person video taping them has never seen them, doesn't mean they never occur. Warm air (moving at a faster pace) skirting over the top of cooler air (moving at a slower pace) produced them, to be specific, Kelvin-Helmholtz waves. Fascinating footage and pictures, but nothing extraordinary in my opinion.

----- "Blood rivers" Documented time and time again. Eerie, but nothing extraordinary. Could be environmental, heavy sediment runoff, or similar effects of "red tide".

----- The mass animal "suicides". I cannot comment much since I am ignorant on the subject. Would be interesting to hear a logical point on this one.

That is all I have made it through on the video so far.

ETA:
The inclusion of the meteor over Britain is interesting. They happen all the time, albeit, not as prominent. Most occur over the largest unpopulated portion of Earth; the ocean.

Solar flares: We are continually increasing our knowledge of the known solar cycle. I suspect our theories on the sun will evolve constantly for years to come as our technology grows.

The "flash" on the newscast? Probably a transformer going out. Just my opinion though.

Tornadoes happen all the time. Weather is ever changing and our knowledge of this too is increasing. To say they are extraordinary considering our recorded timeline of them, is being arrogant. Especially the newscaster saying "for all history"......

Overall, a dramatic video of what happened in 2012. Good for them too. Having a recorded history of events is what sets us apart from our animal brethren. We can remember, we can attach emotion to them and we can reason them.

edit on 25-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I didn't waste any time watching the video, but your description appears that the video simply makes false claims that these are unusual events.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I didn't waste any time watching the video, but your description appears that the video simply makes false claims that these are unusual events.

As far as I can recall, never (until recent years) have sirens/horns been heard screaming from the skies and large groups of a kind of species dying together all around the world. Are you saying that such events are not new?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Strange sounds from the sky are not new. There are reports going back to the 1500s.

Animal die offs are natural parts of the world. Animal die offs happen on land and at sea. Lately there have been more of the wacko claims that they are evidence of a new planet in the solar system or related to unseen events in the center of the galaxy or whatever. That's just the hoaxers spouting more nonsense.

Here is a site listing recent events.
www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

news.discovery.com...

In one of the most extreme examples, an estimated 1.5 million Lapland Longspurs died during a March 1904 storm in Minnesota and Iowa.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thank you for sharing the info. It does indeed appear that the die-offs have been occurring for some time. I would say, looking at the figures which USGS gives, that the amount of such die-offs are gradually going up and "trauma" is more frequently a reason. This may be due to an increase in pollution, oil spills and air traffic. I looked the organization up on Wikipedia and it states:

In December 2006, it was announced that the rules for the publication of USGS research were being revised. Employees were informed that USGS leadership and communications staff should be notified "of findings or data that may be especially newsworthy, have an impact on government policy, or contradict previous public understanding to ensure that proper officials are notified and that communication strategies are developed."

en.wikipedia.org...

It does appear that more attention has been brought to the die-offs, thus the drastic increase in news reports of this phenomenon. The media should really make this clear.

What about the horn sounds from the sky though? I have no doubt that strange sounds might have been heard in the sky before (as many strange things have happened over the years,) but this specific event seems to be a recent occurrence. I've been on YouTube since the early days and people only started posting such videos in the past year or so. These have been heard around the world and have been reported on. It may be an elaborate hoax (an international sociological experiment perhaps,) but whatever it is, it seems to be a new phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

A good example of the news bias with die offs was the death of birds in the central US. It spawned a series of articles and then suddenly nothing. Newspapers were no longer selling because of articles on dead animals. An exception to the dead animal not newsworthy notio9n is whales. Strandings are always in the news and have been for a long time.

You are probably correct that videos of sounds from the sky appear to be a recent fad. Strange sounds have been reported for decades off the Atlantic coast. These have been determined in many cases to be booms from meteorites. It was suspected by residents that military aircraft were to blame for the loud sounds, but the military denied planes in the area at the times of the sounds. Reports seemed to indicate that fireballs were the cause.

We have to be careful to separate what people report using various media and what is new. It probably is new that videos are reporting strange sounds. That is not the same as stating that these types of events are new.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hmm, quite possible. They are often trying out new technology and will keep this under wraps (denying it officially.) The sounds can be quite disturbing to listen to, but for all we know it could be the effect of some new weather modification experiment.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
As far as I can recall, never (until recent years) have sirens/horns been heard screaming from the skies and large groups of a kind of species dying together all around the world. Are you saying that such events are not new?

I am pleased to see you go about this with an open mind! The key factor is that you cannot recall, but that doesn't mean it hasn't occurred in the past. With the advent of instant communication to anywhere on the globe, we start learning more about the world we live in. Still, the events are worthy of a second look, but more oft than not, they are explained in a logical way in my opinion. That is also why in regards to the noises and the animal die-offs, I made no attempt save the tiny bit to explain them in my rely earlier.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Friends, soon things will escalate even further. Certain people on the planet are part of a twin flame couple that will be able to open gates that will appear, through which those who are worthy will pass to freedom to escape the end of days.

This video is encoded with a code that will attract your twin flame, so that you can fulfil your mission, in opening a gate for humanity to escape. This same code will open the gate when the gate guard challenges you as a couple.

For those who are in the know about ascension, please watch this video and share.

new topics

top topics

join