It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye 2012! What Have We Learned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Good bye 2012 and good riddance!

Without getting into the personal details of my life, 2012 has been a bitch. Absolutely the most life altering, laborious, challenging, transforming, compelling, problematic year of my life.

However, now that the smoke has cleared, and I rise from the ashes, I must say... I have finally reached the summit in achieving exactly what I was after. What I worked so hard for through so many years.
Now I'm finished with me. I want to volunteer more and help other people with my skill set.

From everything I've seen transpire throughout the year, I learned a lot about people, this country, and myself.

What have you learned in 2012? What frightened you? what challenged you? what made you angry?

What made you cry in happiness.... in sadness? I reflect on some here, but I'll leave some out for your perspective input.

Was it war? Civil unrest?

How about the frustration of an election year? The finger pointing and divided country?

Do you fear our government, the lies and promises, the coverups?

Were you affected by disaster, catastrophe?

Were you betrayed?

Did you fall from grace?

Or did you rise to success...

Was it the incomprehensible horror? Or the absurdity?

Perhaps it was the loss of someone you loved.

Or the birth of something wonderful..

For me it was as much of a stressful challenge as it was a life time achievement. Either way,
I'm happy to see it go. Unfortunately, when comes to us all, I still don't see that light at the end of the tunnel moving much closer at all. I will, however, remain optimistic and strong, and I will persevere in the end, carrying as many of those who stumble as I possibly can along with me.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I was right here watching all the lies and games.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We'll be swell, we'll be great
Gonna have the whole world on a plate
Starting here, starting now
Honey, everything's coming up roses

It has been an eye opening year, even for us bears of very little brain. Still lots of fear mongering going on but much of it is quite humorous. Everyone is good at something and I'm good at getting it wrong. Sorta makes you wanna treat me with more respect, doesn't it? We've done so much, with so little, for so long that we are now capable of doing anything with nothing. Even if there is not enough time to do it right, there is always enough time to do it over. This may not be the beginning of the end but it is certainly the end of the beginning. I've learned that we should always listen to those who say they are searching for truth but never those that say they have found it. I'm looking forward to 2013 and have every confidence that all is well, always was and always will be. We have every reason to be at peace, since it is our natural state. Break a leg in 2013. Ceau.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'll tell you what I've learned in 2012 at the end of 2013.

That's when I'll know if I've really learned anything, or if I just jumped to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Same chit.........

Just a different year and time zone.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Therein lay much truth in what you say and I like your optimistic outlook.

I'm usually the optimistic happy-go-lucky type with enough confidence to conquer a small country, I suppose this year it's given me a good beating and I'm tired.

I hope 2013 is better to me.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I'll tell you what I've learned in 2012 at the end of 2013.

That's when I'll know if I've really learned anything, or if I just jumped to conclusions.

Ah, so what did you learn, or conclude, from 2011?

new topics

top topics

join