It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pinboard Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hello Everbody,

this thread is kind of an experiment. I hope the mods allow for it, I wonder if the forum is the right one and I would be glad if some ATS members participated.

The idea is this: I am sure that many ATS members do their daily research into the wide fields of all these interesting topics that come up on ATS regularly. Now in this thread me and you are invited to post whatever interesting piece of information came across our eyes in course of our research.

Let's start with an example:

Today I discovered a text from Ravi V. Gomatam on Quantum Physics and Philosophy. You may want to download the document here.

Here is one excerpt that I would like to share with you:

Quantum Physics and Philosophy — A connection If quantum theory is right, and its empirical adequacy leaves no room for doubt here, the so-called macroscopic "real" world, quantum theory proves, is only an artifact of our own act of observation—exactly what the philosophers were arguing. It has taken centuries for physics to catch up with the insight of the early modern philosophers, but quantum theory takes us significantly past the philosopher’s critical doubt. Whereas, philosophers (realists and anti-realists, alike) have so far assumed that everyday realism means present-day naïve realism (the external reality stands in one-to-one correspondence with our experience of it), under a realistic construal quantum theory tells us that not only there is a macroscopic reality underlying the physicist’s observation experience but that ordinary everyday reality is different from what our simple sense experiences tell us. No wonder realist philosophers have so far failed to prove naive realism through philosophy.

Now it is up to you. Maybe you found a quote recently that fits in and you'd like to share? Maybe you'd like to share some piece of informationen that came across today or recently, which seemingly doesn't have anything to do with my first post, but you'd like to post it anyway, please go ahead.

Let's see what happens.

Peace.
edit on 25-11-2012 by consolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Huh?

How is this a threat? I'm sorry, interested in what you're trying to say but just not following exactly what is is you're trying to convey/prove.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

Sorry, I had misspelled "thread" in the title ... corrected it now.

It is supposed to be like a pinboard. Gathering seemingly random information that we dig up, loosly associated with each other by about the same timing that the information hit us.

If you want a thread where you can't go off-topic because to bring up new topics is what it is about.
edit on 25-11-2012 by consolution because: (no reason given)

new topics

join