It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uganda set to Rise as a Christian Nation as America Sinks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
“The Museveni prayer is a model for all Christian leaders in the world. The leaders of the West have declined in proportion to their degree of rejection of God,” Lively said.

Ugandan President Repents

The Model Prayer for Nations and Leaders who Repent

“I stand here today to close the evil past, and especially in the last 50 years of our national leadership history and at the threshold of a new dispensation in the life of this nation. I stand here on my own behalf and on behalf of my predecessors to repent. We ask for your forgiveness,” Museveni prayed.

“We confess these sins, which have greatly hampered our national cohesion and delayed our political, social and economic transformation. We confess sins of idolatry and witchcraft which are rampant in our land. We confess sins of shedding innocent blood, sins of political hypocrisy, dishonesty, intrigue and betrayal,” Museveni said.

“Forgive us of sins of pride, tribalism and sectarianism; sins of laziness, indifference and irresponsibility; sins of corruption and bribery that have eroded our national resources; sins of sexual immorality, drunkenness and debauchery; sins of unforgiveness, bitterness, hatred and revenge; sins of injustice, oppression and exploitation; sins of rebellion, insubordination, strife and conflict,” Museveni prayed.

edit on 25-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Lawmakers in Uganda have voted on and passed the

"Kill The Gays" bill

The bill, originally dubbed the “Kill the Gays” bill when introduced in 2009, has removed the provision of execution for “aggravated homosexuality.” According to Uganda’s NTV network – as tweeted by Frank Mugisha (@frankmugisha), director of Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG) – an unnamed member of the committee confirmed that a penalty of life imprisonment has remained in the bill in place of execution. While sexual relations between members of the same sex are already illegal in Uganda, if the bill becomes law it will be among the world’s harshest against gay people. NTV reports that the bill should receive floor debate next week. (NTV)

www.examiner.com...

Goofy evangelical Christians went to Uganda, preyed on poor desperate people to convert them and spread hate. It's sickening really.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What a joke of a person and government, Besides its not like any one will actually listen or follow this one guys sudden turn and feelings of repent and its not like its truly authentic. He has set up to many people for life with their very own money cow and those people will kill anything to protect their money cow and they aint gonna stop milking it because this dude is weak and cant sleep at night, they all gonna burn in hell still .
It was estimated that over 100 million dollares of aid are lost annually by corrupt government officials in Uganda

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Yeah but he repented( if that's even a word) so it's all good.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

The evil white man is still responsible for everything bad in Africa ideal?
I think they themselves prey on each other more than anything

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Although I am not familiar with the law, I do know that gang rape of young boys by homosexuals is wrong and happens often in Africa. Their culture is immersed in both sides of the debate. Lesbians are also raped to 'cure' them, which is equally wrong. There are no good answers when there is no virtue in the land, except the one that seeks God and runs from sin and selfish desire. I admire the president for his stance. I am not sure if the law that you refer to was passed or simply a bad idea from one lawmaker. We have many of those bills in America as well. Did it get passed? Was it produced by the president in question? Is the motivation of the bill to protect those who are raped?

Originally posted by Trustfund
Lawmakers in Uganda have voted on and passed the

"Kill The Gays" bill

The bill, originally dubbed the “Kill the Gays” bill when introduced in 2009, has removed the provision of execution for “aggravated homosexuality.” According to Uganda’s NTV network – as tweeted by Frank Mugisha (@frankmugisha), director of Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG) – an unnamed member of the committee confirmed that a penalty of life imprisonment has remained in the bill in place of execution. While sexual relations between members of the same sex are already illegal in Uganda, if the bill becomes law it will be among the world’s harshest against gay people. NTV reports that the bill should receive floor debate next week. (NTV)

www.examiner.com...

Goofy evangelical Christians went to Uganda, preyed on poor desperate people to convert them and spread hate. It's sickening really.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Is the motivation of the bill to protect those who are raped?

No. It makes being gay a crime punishable with life imprisonment. Being gay doesn't make you a rapist,

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

Is the motivation of the bill to protect those who are raped?

No. It makes being gay a crime punishable with life imprisonment. Being gay doesn't make you a rapist,

Aids is out of control in Africa. Aids rates are 50 percent higher among homosexual men. The law addresses aggravated homosexuality and further outlaws the act itself. Is it a proposal only?

Wikipedia

"Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill (often called the "Kill the Gays bill" in the media)[1][2][3] is a legislative proposal that would broaden the criminalisation of same-sex relations in Uganda by dividing homosexual behavior into two categories: "aggravated homosexuality", in which an "offender" would receive the death penalty, or "the offence of homosexuality" in which an offender would receive life imprisonment. "Aggravated homosexuality" is defined to include homosexual acts committed by a person who is HIV-positive, is a parent or authority figure, or who administers intoxicating substances, homosexual acts committed on minors or people with disabilities, and repeat offenders. "The offence of homosexuality" is defined to include same-sex sexual acts, involvement in a same-sex marriage, or an attempt to commit aggravated homosexuality. It further includes provisions for Ugandans who engage in same-sex relations outside of Uganda, asserting that they may be extradited for punishment back to Uganda, and includes penalties for individuals, companies, media organisations, or non-governmental organisations that know of gay people or support LGBT rights."

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Speaking of Christianity and Africa, the pope appointed a few new cardinals today.

One of those elevated to the College of Cardinals was American Archbishop James M. Harvey, who currently serves as prefect of the papal household, according to Vatican Radio.

The others were Bechara Boutros Rai, a Maronite patriarch from Lebanon; Baselios Cleemis Thottunkal, an Indian archbishop and head of the Syro-Malankara Church; Archbishop John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan of Abuja, Nigeria; Archbishop Ruben Salazar Gomez of Bogota, Colombia; and Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle of Manila, Philippines.

I was pretty surprise to find, upon further research, that there were already 18 cardinals from Africa. More than I expected. From 16 different countries.

www.vatican.va...

In 2010:

Pope Benedict XVI this week announced the creation of 24 new cardinals, four from Africa. The four new princes from the Africa are: Cardinal-designate Medardo Joseph Mazombwe of Zambia 79, Cardinal-designate Antonios Naguib, 75, Cardinal-designate Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, 71 and Cardinal-designate Robert Sarah, 65.
allafrica.com...

The Vatican is deliberately attempting to expand in Africa, and these appointments serve this purpose.

Africa is being more and more seen as a hotspot for economic development in the 21st century. Naturally, Islam and Christianity are fighting for influence throughout the continent.

That's sub-saharan Africa, so it doesn't include the predominantly Islamic countries in the North.

The tragedy here, is that Africans are being pushed to believe ideologies of outsiders at the expense of their traditional philosophies...

Religious conquests should be a thing of the past, and I highly doubt many Africans are desperate to convert to any Abrahamic religion. The spread is clearly a way of gaining influence of a population in order to gain willing customers and serve political agendas.

I think.

Another aspect here, when talking about religions and mystical topics, it's important to point out that Africa is seen as mysterious to many in the west, likely with esoteric implications.

Mythology goes back to the legend of Prester John:

Prester John's kingdom was thus the object of a quest, firing the imaginations of generations of adventurers, but remaining out of reach. He was a symbol to European Christians of the Church's universality, transcending culture and geography to encompass all humanity, in a time when ethnic and inter-religious tension made such a vision seem distant.

Marco Polo had discussed Ethiopia as a magnificent Christian land[38] and Orthodox Christians had a legend that the nation would one day rise up and invade Arabia,[39] but they did not place Prester John there. Then in 1306, 30 Ethiopian ambassadors from Emperor Wedem Arad came to Europe, and Prester John was mentioned as the patriarch of their church in a record of their visit

Might be wrong about this, but I believe some legends included Prester John being the keeper of the Holy Grail in Ethiopia.

edit on 11/25/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

And this is a reason to kill the entire population of homosexuals? What if it's discovered that 1 out of every 6 women steals something at some point in their lives? Will they enslave or kill all women?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I wouldn't be surprised if that was more due to the fear-mongering of Christian dogma than anything else. For a superstitious culture, those kind of stories involving "Satan" and Hell would be terrifying.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah, well traditional African systems of belief normally have some concept of divine punishment.

I think the primary tactic of Catholic expansion is seducing the poor with the material grandeur of the church. They can sort of claim that their religion equates with wealth with structures like this:

Basicalla of Our Lady of Peace Yamoussoukro in Ivory Coast.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

That makes so much sense, considering the emphasis Jesus put on avoiding material obsession.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

ahh yes uganda where xtian missionaries have adopted the reverse eugenics of the more backward tribes and kill off any kids who show signs of being too intelligent, as they may rock the boat, affect the status quo, and thus are of the devil

where gay bashing is legal as well

Intense ugandan hate speech against homosexuals... If you are interested in what this video is from check out Vanguard on Current TV. The clips in this video are from the episode "Missionaries of Hate."

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So Uganda actually comes out in the open and says"Hey, homosexuals are causing the AIDS epidemic to explode! We've got to do something and NOW!" and then they do. Specifically making it a crime with extreme measures for punishment because...IT'S KILLING PEOPLE!!! DUH!. It is a horrible problem. It will take drastic measures to stop it.
How dare they speak out against a problem when it shines a bad light on the gay community.
How dare they say ANYTHING bad about the gay lifestyle, even when it is killing not only gays, but those who are not gay in droves. Just because you may be gay, does not make it okay to put my or my family's life in danger just so you get to do something destructive and irresponsible to yourself and others.
So bite me if you don't like it. Actually don't bite me.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly
So Uganda actually comes out in the open and says"Hey, homosexuals are causing the AIDS epidemic to explode! We've got to do something and NOW!" and then they do. Specifically making it a crime with extreme measures for punishment because...IT'S KILLING PEOPLE!!! DUH!. It is a horrible problem. It will take drastic measures to stop it.
How dare they speak out against a problem when it shines a bad light on the gay community.
How dare they say ANYTHING bad about the gay lifestyle, even when it is killing not only gays, but those who are not gay in droves. Just because you may be gay, does not make it okay to put my or my family's life in danger just so you get to do something destructive and irresponsible to yourself and others.
So bite me if you don't like it. Actually don't bite me.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

That was a most tasteless use of a perfectly good meme. Wirefly made some excellent points - I really don't know what part about his/her post confused you so badly.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Because its 2012 and he thinks homosexuality causes AIDS, I would of added Picards face palm

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen

Because its 2012 and he thinks homosexuality causes AIDS, I would of added Picards face palm

US STATISTICS

The statistics bear witness to the group that attracts the greatest risk of the disease. I made no statements to cause, but only risk.

GAY, BISEXUAL, AND OTHER MEN WHO HAVE SEX WITH MEN (MSM):

By risk group, gay, bisexual, and other MSM of all races remain the population most severely affected by HIV.
MSM accounted for 61% of all new HIV infections in the U.S. in 2009, as well as nearly half (49%) of people living with HIV in 2008 (the most recent year national prevalence data is available).
CDC estimates that MSM account for just 2% of the U.S. male population aged 13 and older, but accounted for more than 50% of all new HIV infections annually from 2006 to 2009. In 2010, MSM accounted for 61% of HIV diagnoses.

In 2009, white MSM accounted for the largest number of annual new HIV infections of any group in the U.S. (11,400), followed closely by black MSM (10,800).

Young, black MSM were the only risk group in the U.S. to experience statistically significant increases in new HIV infections from 2006–2009—from 4,400 new HIV infections in 2006 to 6,500 infections in 2009.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I made no comments in the OP. I simply stated the fact that Uganda could rise if the repentance was sincere. America will fall if it continues to embrace activities and ideologies that lead to death and destruction. Any country that follows natural law, which is what the Bible promotes, will live a quality of life higher than those who do not. I made no statements to the gay law that another person posts. I simply asked questions and made my own observations. You can assume your own bias, but don't attach your bias on me. That is your pretext and not mine. I stick to the context and truth only.

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

And this is a reason to kill the entire population of homosexuals? What if it's discovered that 1 out of every 6 women steals something at some point in their lives? Will they enslave or kill all women?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join