It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

An omnipotent tyrannical lunatic would not allow a dissenting voice so the existence and publication of your suggestion itself disproves that.

Seriously? Okay ATS members, everyone reading this thread. Look this one over. Supposedly, my dissenting voice should have been squashed by an omnipotent tyrannical lunatic, so my continued objections are proof that not only does this "God" exist, but he is also benevolent.

Er...what? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that could easily be proof that your "God" doesn't exist at all. At this point, it could go either way. But if we look at the larger picture, I'm inclined to suggest that it leans more toward my point of view than yours. Once again, I am not denying divinity. I am, one, saying that the modern definition of divinity is sorely lacking due to our lack of scientific finesse and whimsical fancies carried over from more archaic belief systems, and two, that divinity has nothing to do with anything even remotely human. Therefore, even my understanding is rudimentary. But still contrary to yours.

Either way, your case, as presented in the quote above, is laughably flimsy at best.

As for imaginary, if God is at the root cause of our existence, then our existence proves God. But of course, it is based upon individual perspective as to how we interpret our existence and purpose (or lack thereof).

And as with all cases of interpretation, we are very strongly tempted to use our incredible gift of doublethink to interpret these heavily influential concepts in such a way that we garner power with which to secure our lives in case our afterlife doesn't turn out to be entirely satisfying.

So see, there's much more reason to pretend there is a god, than there is to admit there isn't a god. With that in mind, all spiritual cases involving deities or any form of higher power should be closely examined, due to the overwhelming temptation to give in to our fears and hopes. We are very much emotion-based, and that makes all the difference in how we see things.

But again, because of the reasons for pretending there is a god, we choose to be negligent in our examinations. It doesn't help that all records are so fallible that we must either choose to filter the cream of the crop, or ignore them entirely. It's easier and more desirable to take what we can than to ignore them, for the same reasons we are looking at them to begin with. After all, the idea of a god is much more powerful than the reality of a god, if you get my drift.

I hope that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'd like to tell a story. A story bout a father and a son. They had a talk in glory. They had to find a way to save the man. They needed.. a sacrificial lamb.
And the son said, father I will go. I'll take the place of all the fallen souls. And by this they will know..our love.
So when the time was right the father sent his son to Bethlehem... and had him walk the land.
He preached about a kingdom. He healed the sick and caused the lame to walk. They marvelled at his talk.
But he threatened their command. They had to find a way to stop the man.. and Judas had his plan.
And when the deed was over, about the time the leaders thought they'd won..the father raised the son.
He told his disciples..go in the world and tell them what you've seen. Tell them...they have been redeemed.
Now who so ever will.. will find the father loves them still. With our faith we reveal...our love.
This is the gospel story and whosoever believes is saved and covered by his blood.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

...was that seriously supposed to convince me?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

...was that seriously supposed to convince me? yes

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have not even read the OP yet. The title was funny enough to bring me thus far.

You made me laugh bro. Thank you.

--------------------------------------

So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him.

Yeah, spot on....lol...

that was worth the read.
edit on 29-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

...was that seriously supposed to convince me? Yes, read it again,please

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Next time you make the effort to quote, can you make sure you don't post inside the quote? Thanks!

P.S. It didn't make any sense the second time either. And if it makes sense to you, may whatever higher powers there be have mercy on your soul.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Intelligent design most likely not, panspermia most likely yes.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Each man defines his world according to his own wishes . You see what you want because you ignore everything else . You are like an animal at the zoo looking beyond the bars . The rules definning your life in that cage are null and void because you can see other animals with other rules and hear other sounds from beyond the bars . But you never leave your cage . How sad .

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Next time you make the effort to quote, can you make sure you don't post inside the quote? Thanks!

P.S. It didn't make any sense the second time either. And if it makes sense to you, may whatever higher powers there be have mercy on your soul.

Do you believe in higher powers that can have mercy?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Do you believe in higher powers that can have mercy?

No. I believe in a divine principal that feeds destruction into construction into destruction into construction without need for judgment or worship. All things will break down to become other things, for the benefit of everything else. There is no heaven or hell, and there is no vengeful god whose name is love.

A judgmental god is a symptom of an arrogant species. Seems to fit the bill pretty freakin' well, wouldn't you say? But you don't listen. None of you do. All you care about is what you want to believe in. How you want to look at things, rather than just looking and seeing. That is your choice. All I ask is that you do not use that choice to judge everyone else or tell them their opinion is wrong, or call them an idiot for daring to oppose your view.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Each man defines his world according to his own wishes . You see what you want because you ignore everything else .

So that's your argument? That's hilarious, because I just happen to remember this:

"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate." - Kurt Wise, Harvard Geologist

Huh...would you look at that. It appears your argument may have a touch of hypocrisy ringing in its depths.

You are like an animal at the zoo looking beyond the bars . The rules definning your life in that cage are null and void because you can see other animals with other rules and hear other sounds from beyond the bars . But you never leave your cage . How sad .

Coming from a man who defines his world using a 2,000 year old book. Are you blind? Are you asleep right now? Are you even LISTENING to yourself?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No name calling here. I was just asking cause a lot of agnostics believe in a higher power without all that Jesus stuff. I'm just walking the same road of existance that you are. I know of several atheists who became believers in God because after they'd studied the evidense of intelligent design they could not fathom creation as an accident. They don't neccesarily believe in Christianity but some do. I think we all have to have a purpose and I think something far smarter than me got it started.lol

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Many christians are so frickin neurotic that some reading this thread will genuinely believe that the OP is messenger of the devil sent to test them or something. The ONLY thing some of them care about is landing their place in heaven while avoiding hell while their primary motivation for every 'good' act they do is ultimately for THEMSELVES which is quite ironic. Not all of them of course.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

...was that seriously supposed to convince me?

Be smug now, but you WILL be convinced (and convicted) when you're dragged before God's seat of justice and mercy. If He drags you in this life, you'll escape the Lake of Fire, otherwise...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Alright this thread has run it's course.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join