It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Technological Precision of the Ancients

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TauNorthwolf

Please elaborate.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
So why do you say something as incorrect as "we would not manage"???

I did not mean we have to reproduce what ancients did using our current technology. By 'comparable scale' I meant something proportionate. Look, if you are a survival expert and you managed to survive in jungle with just a knife, I will be impressed. But if you have hi-tech clothes, a GPS, a micropore water filter, a first aid kit and a bulldozer, I won't be as much impressed. Ancients were advanced in such a way that what they did back then still impresses us today. Especially when we know how limited were their means. Maybe this is an exaggeration, but I believe that a proportionate achievement would be at least an underwater city or a city in the sky.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
It is in an interview of author Peter Tompkins by Atlantis Rising Magazine in Issue #3:

Were the ancients clairvoyant?

In that same interview Tompkins talks about a person from New Zealand by the name of Geoffrey Hodgeson who evidently gained fame in the 1920s by clairvoyantly pinpointing the precise position of the planets at a given time.

Perhaps this is how the ancients received their astronomical knowledge.

At the end of the interview, which evidently was approximately in the year 1997, a book was about to be published which had not yet been named. I think this is probably it: The Secret Life of Nature: Living in Harmony with the Hidden World of Nature Spirits from Fairies to Quarks.

Amazon's Book Description:

Publication Date: June 1997

The long-awaited follow-up to Peter Tompkins's bestseller THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS is an astonishing account of how spiritualists and scientists alike are revealing that the physical world teems with nature spirits. In a dramatic meeting of New Science and New Age, Tompkins's new book is sure to radically transform how readers perceive and treat the natural world around them. Index. 20 photos & drawings.

Of course, the Wikipedia article on The Secret Life of Plants brushes off the book as "pseudoscience." It's not pseudoscience.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen
I did not mean we have to reproduce what ancients did using our current technology. By 'comparable scale' I meant something proportionate. Look, if you are a survival expert and you managed to survive in jungle with just a knife, I will be impressed. But if you have hi-tech clothes, a GPS, a micropore water filter, a first aid kit and a bulldozer, I won't be as much impressed.

Oh OK, thanks for corroborating. Well as I said we are in agreement here. This thread, however, pushes the idiotic notion that the Egyptians were (in your analogy) survival experts equipped with Goretex clothing, robotic medical bay, satellite communications and anti-gravity buoy, along with 12,000 year worth of yummi rations and late model iPads to kill time. All of that supposedly has vanished without a trace, not leaving as much as an iTunes coupon for a Justin Bieber song.

And I call horsesh!t on that. I have no problem with your balanced approach and I admire the builders of yore just like you do.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

At the end of the interview, which evidently was approximately in the year 1997, a book was about to be published which had not yet been named. I think this is probably it:

Amazon's Book Description:

Publication Date: June 1997

The long-awaited follow-up to Peter Tompkins's bestseller THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS is an astonishing account of how spiritualists and scientists alike are revealing that the physical world teems with nature spirits. In a dramatic meeting of New Science and New Age, Tompkins's new book is sure to radically transform how readers perceive and treat the natural world around them. Index. 20 photos & drawings.

Of course, the Wikipedia article on The Secret Life of Plants brushes off the book as "pseudoscience." It's not pseudoscience.

Good to know, then that belief in fairies and "earth spirits" is science to you.

In that case, exactly what would you label as "pseudoscience?"

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

In that case, exactly what would you label as "pseudoscience?"

Harte

You sure you want the answer to that Mr Harte? I suspect it will look something like this

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Chapter Six is "The Coral Castle Mystery."

In it Dunn points out that Ed Leedskalnin believed that matter is composed of individual attracting and repelling magnets, and that maybe the way Leedskalnin moved heavy coral blocks was simply by somehow aligning the magnets within the coral blocks he was moving to repelling poles within the streaming individual magnets coming out of the earth.

Mainstream science admits it does not understand gravity. Leedskalnin's alternative view of the universe is that it is magnetic. Perhaps he was correct.

I have discovered a book entitled The Harmonic Conquest of Space by Bruce Cathie, published August 1, 1998 by Adventures Unlimited Press.

The image on Amazon:

I see a correspondence among the works of Leedskalnin, Dunn, and Cathie.

The website Sympathetic Vibratory Physics - John W. Keely's Sacred Science has quoted text from this book by Cathie.

From "EARTH GRID, part 1":

. . . The Earth is simply a huge magnet, a dynamo, wound with magnetic lines of force as its coils, tenescopically counted to be 1257 to the square centimeter in one direction, and 1850 to the square centimeter in the other direction (eddy currents). The spectroscope shows that there is an enormous magnetic field around the Sun, and it is the present conclusion of the best minds that magnetic lines of force from the Sun envelop the Earth and extend to the Moon, and that everything, no matter what its form on this planet, exists by reason of magnetic lines of force. This information was published in a book called Behind the Flying Saucers by journalist Frank Scully, in 1950. The unbalanced fields of 1257 lines of force per square centimetre in one direction, and 1850 in the other, ( 400x Pi and 588 x Pi (ME)) does not tell us very much in itself. But if we use the information to calculate the field strength over an area which has a harmonic relationship with the unified fields of space, and if the basic information is correct, we should find some mathematical values of great importance.

From "EARTH GRID, part 2":

. . . It appears now that the magnetic field strengths and areas change in conjunction with the light and gravity factors according to the change in latitude on the Earth's surface. During these changes, the harmonic relationships remain constant. The basic unit for harmonic calculation is the geodetic inch, or one seventy-two thousandth of a minute of arc--one minute of arc being 6,000 geodetic feet (6,076 British feet). If we take the values 1257 and 1850 lines of magnetic force per square centimetre and make a fractional correction to allow for the curvature of the Earth's surface (the given square centimetre area would have fractionally curved sides), we can then establish a theoretical field density of 1257.139035 lines of force in one direction, and 1850.900532 lines of force in the other. This will allow the calculation of the field densities for one square geodetic inch in the north and south pole areas, which can be mathematically related to light and gravity factors. . . .

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
You sure you want the answer to that Mr Harte? I suspect it will look something like this

MMMMMmmmmm!

Long chicken!

Harte

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I see a correspondence among the works of Leedskalnin, Dunn, and Cathie.

You are not alone, Mary, most people do. These are mental cases.

For example, in your link:

One of the most startling facts that I discovered by application of grid mathematics was that an atomic bomb is a device based on the geometrics of space and time. To be successfully detonated, the bomb MUST be geometrically constructed, placed on, under, or over a geometric position in relation to the Earth's surface, and activated at a SPECIFIC TIME in relation to the geometrics of the solar system. I found that it was possible to precalculate the time of various bomb tests, and the locations where it was possible to explode a bomb. According to thle mathematical complexities of unlocking the geometric structure of the unstable material constituting a bomb in order to create a sudden release of energy, I realised that an all-out atomic war was an impossibility.

I mean, Mary, get a grip. Nuclear devices are some of the most thoroughly studied and best understood systems humans have ever created, for obvious reasons. No, I don't mean it's easy, it's just so damn important that we spend enormous time and resources studying that. I took a class in neutron physics myself, it was tough. I also did experiments in the lab. Mary, seriously, can you or can you not see that the above paragraph was written by a nutcase?

Further,

. . . The Earth is simply a huge magnet, a dynamo, wound with magnetic lines of force as its coils

Well, using words which have a rather strict meaning in ways that have nothing to do with said meaning is the hallmark of a woo-woo. Coils are structures made of conductors, Mary, and the dynamo is a very specific type of device, which is not same as "magnet". I understand that you don't know much physics, Mary, and that's OK, but you can't be so oblivious to common notions that you might assume any of that writing makes any sort of sense. Did you bother to "research" lines of force? Or what the actual dynamo is? You congratulated yourself on being a great "researcher" more times than I can comfortably count, why do you not care to do ANY research before you post another pile of crap here on ATS?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I have discovered a book entitled The Harmonic Conquest of Space by Bruce Cathie, published August 1, 1998 by Adventures Unlimited Press.

The image on Amazon:

In parentheses next to the book title in Amazon it says "Lost Science Series."

The Amazon Book Description:

Bruce Cathie's first book, Harmonic 33, was first published in 1968 when he was a commercial pilot in New Zealand. Since then Captain Bruce Cathie has been the premier investigator into the amazing potential of the infinite energy that surrounds our planet every microsecond. The Harmonic Conquest of Space contains all new material and further explores the concept that the earth is criss-crossed by an electromagnetic grid system that can be used for anti-gravity, free energy, levitation and more. Chapters include: Mathematics of the World Grid; the Harmonics of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; Harmonic Transmission and Receiving; the Link Between Human Brain Waves; the Cavity Resonance between the Earth; the Ionosphere and Gravity; Edgar Cayce - the Harmonics of the Subconscious; Stonehenge; the Harmonics of the Moon; the Pyramids of Mars; Nikola Tesla's Electric Car; the Robert Adams Pulsed Electric Motor Generator; Harmonic Clues to the Unified Field; and more. Also included in the book are tables showing the harmonic relations between the Earth's magnetic field, the speed of light, and anti-gravity/gravity acceleration at different points on the Earth's surface.

An interview of him:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Mary, you went as far as to post pretty much identical entries in two different threads, which really don't have much in common. All right then. Just seems obsessive.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I learned the name Bruce Cathie by reading the book The Pyramids and the Pentagon - The Government's Top Secret Pursuit of Mystical Relics, Ancient Astronauts, and Lost Civilizations by Nick Redfern.

If one is uninformed regarding how the government and the shadow/secret government and black projects operate, one is uninformed about science.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If one is uninformed regarding how the government and the shadow/secret government and black projects operate, one is uninformed about science.

Shout it from the rooftops and ignore the ignorant.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As what happens these days, things wear out, wear away, so they are melted down and re-used for other tools, look how much scrap steel the Chinese import every year, re-used steel has to come from some where.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
As what happens these days, things wear out, wear away, so they are melted down and re-used for other tools, look how much scrap steel the Chinese import every year, re-used steel has to come from some where.

So you are suggesting that all of the majestic high technology that the Egyptians had was "melted down"... Using what exactly? How do you recycle hard and durable ceramics and alloys?

You see, it's catch 22, so no, your hypothesis doesn't work either.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The following shows an example of another person who sees precision in the skills of the ancients.

From Pyramids Around the World by Dr. sci. Semir Osmanagich published 2012 by The New Era Times Press, Chapter 1 "Seven Pyramids from Mauritus Demand Answers":

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A person who has done work similar to that of Christopher Dunn is Stephen S. Mehler. Mehler has been interviewed on Coast to Coast numerous times. In 2004, the title of the show was "Inside the Great Pyramid."

An excerpt from the Description:

. . . Construction of the Great Pyramid was done in three stages, he theorized, with the first starting as far back as 20,000 years ago. At the time, the climate was temperate and the land was known as Khemit, he said. . . .

Mehler talked about his work with the "indigenous wisdom keeper" Abdd'el El Hakim Awyam, who he said shared the oral history of Khemit's ancient past with him.The Great Pyramid served as a type of energy device, Hakim told him. In addition he said that water was used as its source of energy and that sound was manipulated to lift and also cut the stones used in the pyramid's construction. . . .

(I believe Coast to Coast misspelled the name. The correct spelling is Abd'el Hakim Awyan.)

Anyway, I had never heard that word "Khemit" before. There is a website called The Khemit School of Ancient Mysticism. I see on the home page that Abd'el Hakim Awyan died in 2008. He is the guy I commented on here and he appears in the video posted here.

Once one unlearns the untruths contained in traditional Egyptology and starts to explore alternative explanations for what we see before our own eyes with ancient structures, it opens up a whole new world. This website The Khemit School of Ancient Mysticism looks to be a very good website to explore: Link.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The Khemit School of Ancient Mysticism looks to be a very good website to explore: Link.

From "What is Khemitology":

We surmise that their technologies must have often utilized frequency, rather than machining or tools, which is also indicative of a supeior [sic] intelligence. Our research shows that the ancients had the knowledge and ability to change the consistency or molecular structure of matter itself—and therefore, many of our questions and arguments about construction methods and gravity become mute?

Now, that's a thought. They didn't use tools.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join