It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have started to take prepping more seriously

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I got a couple pairs of shoes, size 15EEEE. It's hard enough finding them in the stores.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by DPrice
What exactly are people prepping for? the last time I saw this level of hysteria was before the millennium bug that failed to materialise.

They are prepping for anything, like Hurricane Sandy that was unexpected really. The weather is indeed changing and we can expect huge storms on the West coast in the future also.

I recommend oil or kerosene lamps a good jug of fuel for them and some lamp wicks. Can't rely to much on batteries IMO.

Liquide fuel is heavy and dangerous. Go to the sporting goods store. You can get a very small LED lantern that literally fits in your hand that has 100+ lumens and will run for 24+ hours before a battery change. $35.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1353992863&sr=8-40&keywords=led+lantern

Use rechargable batteries with a small solar panel charging system and you're set.

Sounds good and we have something similar, but we rarely have sun and charging may not be an option. Guess it is pretty cheep to keep what we have the candles, lanterns that run on Kerosene, and battery lamps.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join