Trees on Mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Just read your thread, I think you're the one fooling yourself mate!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That is a beautiful picture. I think we all want to believe that there is or was life on Mars but, I think this picture does follow the explaination given by Nasa. No shadows are present, it appears to have been taken from above and when you magnify the image the original allusion of trees disapears. I remember as a kid we had sand toys sort of like an hour glass where there would be two or more colors of sand in it that you could mix to make different patterns. That is exactly what this picture looks like to me. Nice post.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by wmd_2008

Just read your thread, I think you're the one fooling yourself mate!

Care to explain

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Hey man. I understand where you are coming from here. Who knows what the truth is? And maybe you are right, maybe the other guy is right, but lets say you are right, which you very well may be here man, but take a look at how you are wording things here.

You are coming off as venomous like an adder. Tone it down a bit. Maybe he isn't lying maybe he just has information wrong. But either way, you are being over the top malicious with a person you don't even know. Would you act this way if we were all standing in a group in front of each other?

Don't be so quick to hurt others just because you disagree. Its a very unhealthy behavior. Take a deep breath and instead of lashing out with so much hate explain yourself in an adult manner man.

I hope this doesn't make you angry, I'd sure hate to be on the receiving end of you being upset. It's intense.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't know, but I have a great idea. Let's send a rover to the most desolate and barren deserted area on Mars, and completely ignore areas like the one in the picture.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDisagree
reply to post by ngchunter

Hey man. I understand where you are coming from here. Who knows what the truth is? And maybe you are right, maybe the other guy is right, but lets say you are right, which you very well may be here man, but take a look at how you are wording things here.

You are coming off as venomous like an adder. Tone it down a bit.

Actually I was quite kind, I said was that NASA was the most transparent space agency out there, and in return I get a rant filled with lie after lie. Considering that, my response was muted at best.

Maybe he isn't lying maybe he just has information wrong.

Whether he is lying or the people who gave him the info are lying is irrelevant to me, the fact is that his post is filled with lies presented as "facts" that claim to show that NASA is lying. I did not say he was personally the one who originated those lies, only that his post contained them.

But either way, you are being over the top malicious with a person you don't even know. Would you act this way if we were all standing in a group in front of each other?

Yes. I am not being malicious. If I were being malicious I would have attacked him personally. I did nothing of the sort.

Don't be so quick to hurt others just because you disagree. Its a very unhealthy behavior. Take a deep breath and instead of lashing out with so much hate explain yourself in an adult manner man.

I did explain myself in an adult manner.

I hope this doesn't make you angry, I'd sure hate to be on the receiving end of you being upset. It's intense.

You have yet to see me angry at anyone in this thread. Now, how about addressing what I actually said instead of putting words in my mouth?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

In this photo sand and ice are cascading down the slipface of a dune,
covering seasonal ice. The arrow points to a small cloud of dust kicked
up by this cascading.

Every year, in Mars winter, the polar regions are covered by seasonal caps of CO2 frost. In the spring, when the CO2 sublimates sand grains can move forming the avalanches and dust cloud shown in the figure above. Hansen et al. found that the dunes showed new alcoves, gullies and extension of their aprons. These changes were also remobilized by the wind, forming ripples and erasing the gullies. Even if the dunes contain a large amount of ice internally, their surface layers, perhaps to a depth of 25 cm, is dessicated and able to move.

Source
edit on 26-11-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Good find Staros! I think I'll sped some fun time looking for these dust plumes in HiRISE images. Will post some here.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by elevenaugust

What looks like some trees scattered in a desert sand is in fact not:

Not buying it.

I don't have an alternative explanation. I do note two things:

1) Looking over Skipper's analysis of Mars pictures reveals far too many anomalies for that planet to be a dead rock. The ruins of the Mt. Rushmore-style "Princess" carving and the "bald man" carving hint at some great civilization. That civilization most likely included large life in the form of trees.

For size comparison with your Mars photo ...... On earth, the Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest structure composed of living entities, stretching 2,000 km. Concerning large dry plant life, a grove of Aspen tree(s) in Utah is connected by a single root system, and each stem above the ground is genetically identical. It covers about 106 acres.

2) NASA is a national security organization that specializes in propaganda. Which pretty much fits the rest of our government. Do you *really* believe a damn thing they say?

Not really sure why they would not want us to know about plant life on Mars.It would hardly cause a panic.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I think its Sulfur.

When you get right down to it, most the chemical elements have a ho-hum appearance. Silver. Gray. Silvery-White. Blue-Gray

1.To me thats the white on the photo.

If you melt sulfur, you get a blood-red liquid

2.The dark streams are the depth of the liquid sulfur and the red on the edges could indicate that its sulfur in my opinion?
3. And it appears there are fume visible? (volcanic? )

Mars

edit on 26-11-2012 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
People have to understand that crystals can grow in patterns resembling life, look at the ferns that grow from frost on the _ Trees have their shape based somewhat on the minerals that they are created from. Different plants uptake different minerals out of the soil that structures their shape. Has anyone grown crystals back in school? Shapes can form on other planets that resemble life on earth but it is not essential that they are alive. I often wonder if dna programing makes crystals form the shape and structure of life, but this does not explain all there is to life, just the shapes and organic part.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To me the picture looks like something is sticking upward and not laying down.

I did a Google search of snow and sand covered dunes aerials and some of the pictures I looked at had no shadow around the plants. It looked much like the picture from Mars.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Would that not prove that the actual object was changed from it's original shape/form due to how the camera was set up? There is still something there, with movement.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm a photographer, it is a hobby. Objects can appear different in photos depending on the angle, lighting and what setting your camera is. This is my guess for what happened in this picture. The right lighting can make a photo look completely different than what it really is. And also, a 100 people can look at the same photo and see 100 different things. It's all perspective.

I think some of you folks spend way too much time on ats. Not everything in life is a conspiracy. Some organizations have been known to tell the truth some times.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

I did a Google search of snow and sand covered dunes aerials and some of the pictures I looked at had no shadow around the plants. It looked much like the picture from Mars.

I don't know if you saw this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It all depends if you looking at it the right way!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

If those "things" were sticking up, the photo had to be taken from an almost horizontal perspective, which is impossible because it was taken from an orbiter. We would also see the dunes at an angle, but they are quite clearly seen top-down.

Also, what about the "things" that face the opposite way from the others?
img.photobucket.com...

I suggest you see my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
which kinda got lost at the bottom of the page.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So NASA has published photos of Mar showing Icy-blue Clouds? I would like to see those photos. Myh 1954 photo shows such clouds and green vegetation.
I see some people cannot believe that NASA would lie about life on Mars and not show the real photos of that planets. All government lie and if you do not believe it look up Wikileaks and Julian Assange on google. He made public hundreds of thousands of secret US documents which showed EVERBODY WORKNG FOR THE US GOVERNMENT LIES. Now the government is trying to bring him back to US for trial, but he is hiding in a embassy in London. He has been charge with rape in Sweden, a country where the women rape the men.
How about the biggest US lie, the Warren Commission Report where there are four million documents which have been classified as secret. And that commission consisted of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and future US president Ford. All lied about the JFK assassination,.
Somebody asks why would NASA lie about life on Mars? Years ago a Russian scientist predicted that NASA would never admit to life on that planet because it would destroy the theory of evolution which states that life began here on earth by accident. That accident could have taken place anywhere else in the universe because the odds were trillions to one and therefore life can exist only on earth. Evolution is the basis of all Phds and so called scientific discoveries. If advanced ETs where here in out past or present, that rules out evolution.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike215

You're wrong, theory of evolution does NOT state that life could have developed only on earth. In fact, astrobiology is part of the government-funded science.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So they aren't trees, they're 'dark brown streaks' okay I guess that's slightly less vague than thing-a-ma-bobs.

Maybe they'll come up with a more scientific name. Brownus Streakus.

however they certainly look vertical to me. Not that the surface is teeming with life or anything.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix is on-air in 2 minutes.
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def