It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trees on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

You can tell me all about transparency when I look at photos with obvious massive smudges. Or when the processing pipeline refuses to release photos until politicians get involved. Or when the stereo-ahead or stereo-behind feeds are manipulated.

You have some sort of evidence to back that up with?

Or perhaps you care to explain the movie sets of "lunar" scenes? Maybe you can explain the phrase ""Houston, this is Discovery, we still have the Alien spacecraft under observance"?

With just a little use of the search function here you will get more than enough threads that discuss that topic.

Or perhaps you can explain why Clark McClelland, a retired NASA Space Flight Controller has stated he watched an 8+ foot tall entity in the Space Shuttle bay?

So is this the retired space flight controller...

www.stargate-chronicles.com...

Written by Clark McClelland, former ScO (Ground Test Astronaut), Space Shuttle Fleet, Kennedy Space Center, Florida

clarioncounty.info...

Sorry, but he was never a space flight commander and it looks as though he never left the ground.

Found a good thread on the one and only Clark McClelland..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That should be sufficient enough to show you how bad a source Clark McClelland is.

edit on 25-11-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter
2) NASA is a national security organization that specializes in propaganda. Which pretty much fits the rest of our government. Do you *really* believe a damn thing they say?

...says someone who has never met/grown-up/hung-out/gotten drunk with anyone who's worked for or with NASA.

As someone who has, my response is:

NASA is not even a monolithic entity. It is a confederation of research centers, each with different focus and specialties. Some are more science-oriented (like Glenn & Langley), some are engineering centers (Marshall & Stennis), and some primarily support operations (Kennedy & Johnson). JPL blends all three. Note that these centers often compete with each other for slices of NASA's meager budget and the fights can get public and acrimonious at times (the most obvious example being JPL's automated probes versus Johnson's Manned Spaceflight Center).

The people who work at NASA centers are not like these guys. They are more like this bunch. Scientists & engineers eat, drink, cuss, screw, brag, joke and sleep-in on weekends just as much as anyone who works in retail or the fast-food industry. They simply have earned much cooler jobs.

I could have been one of them, but in high school & college I was too busy dreaming about exploring other planets to do the homework and finish the assignments and follow the academic path that would have earned me one of those cool jobs.

So here's a couple of by-words for all of you would-be explorers (and everyone else, for that matter) who is slogging through school, wondering what all this bull# is about:

Discipline
"More crucial than any single fact or subject, the most important thing you can learn from school is how to complete an assignment on time and to the best of your ability - even if you do not understand its relevence. If you can do this, then your possibilities will be boundless; if not, then your life will be limited and frustrating."
-- Richard Rather

Perseverance
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”
-- Calvin Coolidge

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Go figure, the next war is over interplanetary districts of martian oil reserves... geez.. lol

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My gut reaction, and I haven't read every post in detail, its late - is that we don't know the scale to these photos, we don't know in what light they were taken and we don't know what filters may have been applied when taking them. It could just as well be a photo of my rear end! So, cant make any useful contribution save for humour!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by ngchunter

There are so many lies in your post I scarcely know where to begin. I don't have time to deal with all of them right now, but McClellan was not a flight controller for a start. You should seriously reconsider who it is whohas been lying to you because it wasn't NASA...

You begin one event at a time. For any mistake you may uncover in my rant, there are quite literally thousands more events.

So do you admit that McClelland was not a flight controller? You admit you posted a lie? But it doesn't matter, I could debunk every single thing you said and you'd still claim you're right by shifting the goalposts endlessly. You openly admit you're wasting my time. Fine. I'll return the favor rather than waste more of my time. For every rant you can post, there are facts you are getting wrong or ignoring, and a critical examination will cause your arguments to fail. Don't believe me? Try defending your best argument for "NASA lies" at the cosmoquest baut forum and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was hoping to have a look at this and participate in some intelligent conversation that was on topic. IE are they trees or are the not.

Instead a slug fest about the credibility of Nasa ensues. Speculating on a photo about martian trees is hard enough to do without bringing in all the other stuff. ( yet Nasa is evil so they must be lying, or , Nasa is not evil and they are telling the truth)

I suppose shortly the conversation will switch to the moon landing hoax. or wait, UFO's being withheld from us....

.....On topic......

. They really do look like trees, especially the one in the middle .

They may not cast shadows because the sun is directly overhead. I do not know

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
why is it we have a telescope that can see other solar systems
bit we cant see clear pictures of out own planets

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

We don't have a telescope which can see other solar systems. Extrasolar planets are found by detecting changes in the amount of light from a star as a planet passes in front of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

We don't have a telescope which can see other solar systems. Extrasolar planets are found by detecting changes in the amount of light from a star as a planet passes in front of it.
then i have misunderstood the pictures we see from the Hubble.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If there's a light frost doesn't that imply that their is water in the atmosphere?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blindlyzack

There is water on Mars; water vapor in the atmosphere which has been known for decades and frozen water on the surface.

Liquid water could not exist for long near the surface and as yet there is no direct evidence for its existence for millions (or billions) of years.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

then i have misunderstood the pictures we see from the Hubble.

Apparently so.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thread is a joke. Also odd you pick the most alien and undefined pictures. There are far more obvious ones.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Forest!

Forest and Lake photoshopped by NASA

Image corrected!

www.popsci.com...

Arthur C Clark, Life On Mars!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Comparison earth and mars.

Earth/Florida

Mars!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
NOT TREES! Here is the proof to debunk this thread question:

Dark Sand Cascades on Mars

cntnews.wordpress.com...-1144

They might look like trees on Mars, but they’re not. Groups of dark brown streaks have been photographed by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter on melting pinkish sand dunes covered with light frost.

The image was taken in 2008 April near the North Pole of Mars. At that time, dark sand on the interior of Martian sand dunes became more and more visible as the spring Sun melted the lighter carbon dioxide ice.

When occurring near the top of a dune, dark sand may cascade down the dune leaving dark surface streaks — streaks that might appear at first to be trees standing in front of the lighter regions, but cast no shadows.

Objects about 25 centimeters across are resolved on this image spanning about one kilometer.

Close ups of some parts of this image show billowing plumes indicating that the sand slides were occurring even when the image was being taken.

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
en.wikipedia.org...

MRO contains a host of scientific instruments such as cameras, spectrometers, and radar, which are used to analyze the landforms, stratigraphy, minerals, and ice of Mars.

It paves the way for future spacecraft by monitoring Mars' daily weather and surface conditions, studying potential landing sites, and hosting a new telecommunications system.

MRO's telecommunications system will transfer more data back to Earth than all previous interplanetary missions combined, and MRO will serve as a highly capable relay satellite for future missions.

DONE AND DISMISSED!

Hope this clears all the confusion and ends the argument whether these are trees. NO TREES!!!!

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You can tell me all about transparency when I look at photos with obvious massive smudges. Or when the processing pipeline refuses to release photos until politicians get involved. Or when the stereo-ahead or stereo-behind feeds are manipulated. Or perhaps you care to explain the movie sets of "lunar" scenes? Maybe you can explain the phrase ""Houston, this is Discovery, we still have the Alien spacecraft under observance"? Or perhaps you can explain why Clark McClelland, a retired NASA Space Flight Controller has stated he watched an 8+ foot tall entity in the Space Shuttle bay?

You have much to learn padawan!

Your lesson for today is to provide evidence of these decades old internet hoaxes......and just to make it interesting.....you must stay away from youtube

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Is the cntnews.com a blog site? It says blog at the bottom. Just wondering because there is nothing to support their statements. I wouldn't think that that would be a credible reference.
edit on 25-11-2012 by froglette because: Poor spelling.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Forest and Lake photoshopped by NASA

Ok, I've seen other "Mars life" images debunked, like the famous one of the giant pancake-looking 'trees', but I've never seen an explanation for the above pictures. I mean that really, really does look like a body of water with some sort of vegetation surrounding it. What is the official explanation of what we see here?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Read the links. He goes into great detail over the photo analysis and is very very good at it. That is for real. And so many times I post this because it never seems to compute. Debunking is not done when you offer an alternative. That is NOT debunking. Offering an alternative. Ie. saying a dancing red light in the sky, that zigzags and hovers and then powers up, is a weather balloon, chinese lantern or something else, is NOT debunking. It is merely offering one more opinion or possiblity on the list.

These photos are not made up, they are the real mckoy. And they can't be debunked.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Looks like a four wheeler trail in the upper right. Didn't know martians had four wheelers. Learn something new every day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join