It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi-energy and psychic abilities in a BBC documentary.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

A very funny video

"his tongue was in the wrong position in his mouth. That can nullify it."

and

move our big toe to nulify it

It is just a joke!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

A very funny video

"his tongue was in the wrong position in his mouth. That can nullify it."

and

move our big toe to nulify it

It is just a joke!

On these I agree. Plus I don't understand why the element of Chi would ever be used in martial arts in form of hurting. I understand it's significance in the way of life or philosophy of these arts, but to use it as a force, even as defense... well that just doesn't seem right.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

In the end, it doesn't matter at all if some people don't believe that Qi is real (Qi can also be called prana or universal life-force). Personally, the discovery of this force changed my life forever... I now use it to heal myself. And you don't need to practice martial arts at all...

The following document might interest you:
Guanzi: The Inner Enterprise

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The thing is, I have been studying Chinese martial arts and internal work for years so I do have some idea what I'm talking about. While I don't discount that the human body is capable of amazing feats, some of then I can do myself by the way, I personally don't attribute them to a new form of energy. Some of my teachers did, and to be honest it works better when visualising the body processes , mechanics, intent as an energy flow than trying to break the components down. I also don't discount that it is possible to control some of the body's electrical pathways to some degree, although I cannot do t myself. I just find this particular example a bit suspect.
Once you understand the subtle mechanics of an art and how the body can express "ging" utilising posture, breath, blood flow , muscles, ligaments, tendons and intent, then I find more wonder and awe at the human body and a deep respect for the people who invented these arts.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
while penguinmagic may be able to duplicate all the feats, as can the silver screen, it cannot do it with several scientists there with equipment being baffled as to how it is done. So they are not the same thing. If my mind could lift 50 pounds, to say i could lift 50 pounds with my hand is Not the same thing. At any rate, from what i have experienced, chi is a subtle energy, and to expect to be able to do any and everything with it is silly. Xrays can visualize hard tissues or materials inside of others, but it cant cut through metal, or bake a cake. See how that works? John Chang was seen in these videos doing several things. None of them was attacking an opponent, so the chi videos of people fighting that several people supplied were not applicable. Plus....seriously? If i want to see a good demonstration of chi, im not going to ask a chubby old white guy. lets get real. Chi is the basis for all of chinese medicine and accupuncture, which is equally successful (in some ways amazingly more, in others less) to our western drug and surgery based medicine, and has been around for thousands of years.
I have personally felt heat generated from my instructor in tsing i quan travel up one side of my arm and down the other when i asked him to demonstrate. I have also seen a saolin monk who practiced iron foot chi gong (totally energy work, non physical) take a downward elbow block on the top of his foot with a kick, and his foot was perfectly fine, but he almost broke the other guys elbow. We know about .5% of all there is, and thats an estimate from a friend of mine who is a particle physicist. Lets not be too arrogant.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Thank you for providing that link!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'm frequently astounded by coincidence showing its face! I saw this video some years ago and it's been on my mind for the past 2-3 days - I just *knew* it would be the one I was after when I saw your title.

I'll try and post back later with some constructive thoughts

Synchronicity.
. You might not belive in god(or whatever you wanna call it Universe, fate, Reality Concioussnes, ONE) behind all religions but you are watching the "works in mysterious ways".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I used to be much less open-minded about such things and find myself now being ready to consider them. Mind, Body and Kick-Ass Moves shows practitioners of Chi in a very entertaining way too - you might like it.

If there's a latent ability that some of us can tap into, it might be associated with other aspects of weirdness people call '6th senses' and/or paranormal. I tend to suspect that if it becomes a known quantity, it'll be explainable by science. Sadly, as is seen in NDE research, there are no orderly queues of scientists and few offers of serious funding to explore the possibilities.

Why do you not try it yourself. I cannot do what he does but I can spin the charkas and if you are able to do it after a while you will at least in my case get a higher sense of taste and feeling. But you might also get the cap over the head that is like you having something invisiable on your head.

You can find sound meditation on youtube for instance
Find one you like. I'm not into the guided meditation. I used to listen to these kind of videos for hours when I went to bed and it helped. If it is uncomfortable for you do not force it. It is supposed to be easy.
edit on 26-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
If I'm not mistaken, Chi is the same force behind Reiki.

Hospitals are now offering Reiki services such as:

Johns Hopkins ~ MA
University of Maryland ~ MA
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center ~ New York, NY
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center ~ New York, NY
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center ~ New York, NY
Beth Israel Medical Center – NY

newlifetransformations.org...

Some hospitals have chapels but thats no proof that the medical profession believe that the Christian God exists.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Ok o person of the most knowledge in the world who know everything. Because you in your extreme wisdom have said it is so all human should stop being monks and have spiritual experiances since they must all be fake since you say it is so. And all the crazy people that can feel energy in their body should be given medicines so they do not feel them since because you say what is real everybody must follow your wisdom. You are the law of what is real and know everything and have experianced everything that is.

Some people will not even consider that the world is round until everybody else tells him it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Bitter sarcasm? Funny how some people who preach love, energy and onness , get all nasty whenever someone challenges their beliefs with some simple observations and common sense. So you resort to personal attacks in the form of sarcasm. Nice going...

edit on 26-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What I was able to read and understand I didn't get the same tingle you got. Trying to aggravate another is just as bad... With all respect intended, you might consider meditation yourself. I think it would serve you as a great experience. But do not force it

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ive done quite a bit of tai chi in the past

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Then I stand corrected in my assumption

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by LittleByLittle

Bitter sarcasm? Funny how some people who preach love, energy and onness , get all nasty whenever someone challenges their beliefs with some simple observations and common sense. So you resort to personal attacks in the form of sarcasm. Nice going...

Sarcasm is a tool just like any else to show what your mindset is. I often use the karma mirror as a tool when posting with people. I might get in trouble for that post but I will never regret it. So worth it.
edit on 26-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here is quite an interesting article on chi meridians.
chriskresser.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

If chi was a real force or energy it would have been measured and quantified by real scientists a long time ago.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

That's not entirely true. There are many things about energy and physics that we don't understand to this day. Just because the sun has been around for so long and we've studied the bajesum out of it, doesn't mean we know everything about it. (including recent research).
Even if he is fake, it is POSSIBLE there is a type of energy we can feel. Just some others more in-tuned to it.
Our brains are like magnificent computers. Depending on the circumstance, who knows which way the wires are plugged in up there.

I like how some people either say it's real or it's fake. Why not just....POSSIBLE?!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
As much as i wanted to believe it when i first saw this video about two years ago, turns out guys a hoaxer. =(

Sad day.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pythagoreanfulllotus

Thank you for your link and effort.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You're welcome!

Check out this amazing healing my friend received from qigong master Jim Nance!

so, i started moving his hand over my foot. it felt like very powerful magnets each time the hand passed over. immediately, the pain reduced by half and the nature of the pain shifted from sharp to dull. he asked me to wiggle my foot. i told him what i felt. he laughs and goes, 'yeah, but i haven't done it yet. that wasn't the thing.' ok. so i close my eyes and he does his thing. it felt like a needle stitching the bone, passing back and forth, right where the impact was. it didn't hurt when this happened. when he was done, the swelling was gone, which was only slight to begin with. the bruisey color was gone. the redness at pt. of impact was gone. the pain was down by 90%. it felt great. i moved it around.

O.K. so Jim Nance has done "long distance" healing on me and he made my center of brain go on fire!! He was working to open my third eye. Amazing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join