It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi-energy and psychic abilities in a BBC documentary.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

Nevermind the skeptics flaming this thread. Chi energy is indeed a real phenomenon. I have been actively pursuing this for the last 5+ years, and it just keeps on getting more interesting as it goes. Kundalini and prana energy are also very real and can change your life if you seek and find. It is very much worth the pursuit.

Martial artists focus their chi to allow them to break concrete with the much softer bones in their hands. Practicing with your chi promotes very positive changes in your mind and body both. I would venture to say that the people flaming you here have never taken the time to pursue anything deeper than their smart phone, so don't pay them any attention. Chi work has big paybacks for the little effort involved in seeking it out.

Peace...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Thank you for your reply! I myself haven't tried it yet, but I do think there will come a time for that too.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Imagination is not a force though as it does not cause its something physical to change its movement, direction, or geometrical construction.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Chi is the same force behind Reiki.

Hospitals are now offering Reiki services such as:

Johns Hopkins ~ MA
University of Maryland ~ MA
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center ~ New York, NY
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center ~ New York, NY
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center ~ New York, NY
Beth Israel Medical Center – NY

newlifetransformations.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very interesting video.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
If I'm not mistaken, Chi is the same force behind Reiki.

Hospitals are now offering Reiki services such as:

Johns Hopkins ~ MA
University of Maryland ~ MA
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center ~ New York, NY
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center ~ New York, NY
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center ~ New York, NY
Beth Israel Medical Center – NY

newlifetransformations.org...

Some hospitals have chapels but thats no proof that the medical profession believe that the Christian God exists.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I too think there is more to chi than parlour tricks.
I was hit by a car, riding my bike, when I was ten and have carried an injury that affected the whole right side of my body for 32 years. In particular my hip, knee, middle back, and back of neck. According to science there is no real evidence of my injury and ailments as nothing was broken at the time.

However, I feel that the smack of the car severely took the tendons and musculature running up my spine to the base of my skull somehow out of alignment. This caused me lots of pain, headaches, and tight spots deep between my shoulder blades.

Anyway, long story short, met a great tai chi teacher from Taiwan and was introduced to a friend of his who is an acupuncturist/acupressurist.

They have helped me more with the blockages and pain then anything else all my life.
We are so egocentric when it comes to the yin of our yang. Asian medicine has had just as much impact as western throughout the ages.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

100's of years ago people thought headaches were demons inside the brain, certain things that people did would help with the pain. That doesnt mean there really was demons in their heads.

I have no doubt that some Chinese medicine can help but the reason why it works im not so sure on. I spent 15 years learning and 5 years teaching many martial arts of many styles and i never saw any convincing proof of chi. To me it was all just misunderstood physics and biology.

I did on the other hand see man people faking stuff with cheap tricks.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Everything this guy did in the vid, "magicians" can do. Believing this video is like believing Chris Angel can really walk on water.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

1) If we already understood all the forces in the universe, theoretical physicists would be unemployed. I think there is still plenty left for us to figure out.

2) Empiricism is great for certain things and completely worthless for other things. Trying to understand chi empirically is destined to fail because "objectivity" is opposite to the way that chi works.

The effects of chi are well-known in martial arts, and some of that has been demonstrated in shows like "Fight Science." However if you want to understand chi, you have to study it subjectively.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Seriously? This guy, a doctor, is in his office. These two guys walk in for treatment and he just happens to have all the stuff prepared there to hoax them? He didn't say "hey, check out these cool things I can do!" They asked him. Further, scamming people out of money? Really? John Chang doesn't take money. And he never asked for fame, or anything else. Real good profiling for a charlatan guys, especially since this was all filmed in late 70s and early 80s( there were two visits). I guess some Indonesian back country healer who had almost no contact with western technology had what it takes to bamboozle physicists and doctors? Get real. Just bc your integrity may be lacking doesn't mean his is, and just because you are arrogant enough to think you we know so much about reality that you can definitively rule out what is and isn't real does not mean that his reality is limited by your ignorance.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Imagination is not a force though as it does not cause its something physical to change its movement, direction, or geometrical construction.

This is where you and I differ. You missed my point with dragging imagination into this discussion, but it doesn't really matter. We can continue on that subject anyway. I know I can't make my morning coffee with my imagination but instead I can create any vision in a millisecond and there is no way we can explain that.

I would never have the arrogance to dismiss anything so powerful in a world that in what I take knowledge of some 6 percent of everything. The truth is, we don't have no freaking idea of what is happening or going on here. All we do is see and enjoy the show, but we do not see what lies behind the curtains. We do not know all the characters in play or the help they are getting with the establishments.

Thinking that we in anyway could master and define our surroundings with our science is utterly just wrong. And selfish.

But, then we have to remember that the world is what we make it to be. Everyone is allowed to form it by their own norms. That is why discussions like these are valueble because we have a chance to peak inside the constructions of others creations. Thanks for all the participants!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I love this demonstration of how well "chi" actually works

edit on 26-11-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing - clearly there is much more to our existence here on earth than we understand. His powers are surely a result of YEARS of meditation and I sincerely hope the secrets of such a school of thought do not die before mankind can finally learn this very special art and realise their own powers and know how very special we all are.

S&F
edit on 26-11-2012 by quedup because: correction

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is nothing in that video that can't be accomplished with this www.penguinmagic.com...
While I don't discount the possibility of something more going on here I tend to apply Occam's razor when confronted with claims such as these.
By the way I am a seasoned martial artist myself and am fully aware of much of the bs often spouted about chi. My personal take on it is a label given to a number of bio mechanical and psychological functions all happening at the same time. All fully understood within our current scientific knowledge.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Whitebrow because: Wrong link

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Blind skepticism is so irritating. I was talking about this guy in a different thread just last night. This mind-body energy thing is very real. In the other thread I linked to some research someone has done on the Buddhist Monks who can sit in a room wrapped in nothing but a wet sheet and steam dry the sheets even though the temperature in the room is set at 40 degrees. And astonishingly their metabolic processes show a 67% DECREASE even though they are using this chi force to raise their body temperature.

In any event, blind skepticism is every bit as foolish as blind belief.

The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a notion even if one doesn't accept it. - Aristotle

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whitebrow
All fully understood within our current scientific knowledge.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Whitebrow because: Wrong link

A very hazardous statement. The basic flaw in our science is to break things apart from their system and then analyze them as individual parts to learn how they work. By that time we already have disturbed and falsified the processes involved, and by the time we have learned what the individual part is doing, we tend to apply the theory to the whole system. So our science can never be as accurate as we think it is. But this is due our lack of understanding the finesse in life

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a notion even if one doesn't accept it. - Aristotle

I just love that quote! A thousand stars for you for that one.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

That Aristotle...
Smart feller. Haha.
Very insightful.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

yeah i saw that episode of fight science. It was a cheap trick. I was very surprised they let them get away with that. It just shows how reliable the data is from that show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join