It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi-energy and psychic abilities in a BBC documentary.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Before you throw me to the lions - I know there has been a thread about this but I personally felt that too few have seen this quite amazing little clip.

The clip is about four years old and tells the (short) story of a healer with abilities to use his chi-energy in quite a remarkable way. Everyone is of coarse allowed to think of it either way, but somehow I get a taste of it as authentic material.

This is for those who knows that we are more than mere physical servants of this world, that we also are A PART of it as a whole.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

I'm frequently astounded by coincidence showing its face! I saw this video some years ago and it's been on my mind for the past 2-3 days - I just *knew* it would be the one I was after when I saw your title.

I'll try and post back later with some constructive thoughts

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yeah this is one of my fav documentaries on the subject. If its not hoaxed and I would be very impressed if it was, by his ability to light a LED bulb with his bare hands.

This falls into "I cant explain it" basket

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That is the coinciding cycle we all march in
Interconnection. Our vast and unified field of knowledge. Glad it popped up for you, hopefully it will serve your intentions well.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It is the one I was after although it seems way, way shorter than when I saw it in around 2007. Must look for a longer version.

It's hard to imagine how he lit the LED and also hard to equate with his statement that it was chi and not electricity. The chop-stick through the table could have (conceivably) been a set-up. After all it was described as his local restaurant.

It'd be great if we could meet a guy like 'DJ' and see for ourselves. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to look and will have to use my own judgment in the meantime. I've no problem in considering the possibility of a type of life-force as it would maybe answer a few questions I have.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The chopstick thing was kind of 'lame'. But the muscle stimuli i.e the seen shocks are quite impressive too. The reactions could be faked, but then again, they seem very genuine.

I think the Eastern part of the world would be a great start for the search. Some how I think this Western concrete-jungle messes our chi up, so no mental healing here. Only mental illness.

I couldn't find the longer version anywhere :S
edit on 25-11-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I used to be much less open-minded about such things and find myself now being ready to consider them. Mind, Body and Kick-Ass Moves shows practitioners of Chi in a very entertaining way too - you might like it.

If there's a latent ability that some of us can tap into, it might be associated with other aspects of weirdness people call '6th senses' and/or paranormal. I tend to suspect that if it becomes a known quantity, it'll be explainable by science. Sadly, as is seen in NDE research, there are no orderly queues of scientists and few offers of serious funding to explore the possibilities.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

If there's a latent ability that some of us can tap into, it might be associated with other aspects of weirdness people call '6th senses' and/or paranormal. I tend to suspect that if it becomes a known quantity, it'll be explainable by science. Sadly, as is seen in NDE research, there are no orderly queues of scientists and few offers of serious funding to explore the possibilities.

I've always wondered why that is. But I guess there could be some kind of fear behind, getting an ability like this publicly announced would immediately result in a loss of control and power by authorities? So it is brushed off as nonsense by the main view? I don't mean to sound too conspiratory, but it kind of would make sense.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Have to admit I'm impressed. I also have to ask if someone can swallow some kind of battery (small electrical device) that can send charges through the body? I only thought of this when that L.E.D. light seemed to go on and off in regular intervals.

P.S. Even if this were a complete hoax, it is amazing how some eastern backwoods faith healer (or whatever he's called) can stymy western intelligence.

edit on 11/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Possible explanation for the LED trick.... simply use a flat type battery. LED require almost no energy to work. Had he done it with a 40watt bulb I would be more persuaded.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not an expert in that field, perhaps it could be done to emit pulses frequently. Though, in the clip they searched the man for metal objects.

And I guess the right word for this healer is pranic. I guess it comes from the sanskrit word _prana_ = life.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnWhiteMars
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not an expert in that field, perhaps it could be done to emit pulses frequently. Though, in the clip they searched the man for metal objects.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Just amazing.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have seen this guy before on various shows. I believe in this type of energy 100%!

His name is John Chang
John Chang

I remember the first time I saw it was years ago and if I remember correctly he wasn't too happy with them showing the footage on tv. He said it angered the gods (can't remember the term he used but it was similar) who he learned this from. He wasn't suppose to have it filmed or let it be shown all over. He was suppose to keep it to himself and no brag or show off.

I find this to be quite interesting. I think everyone can harness this energy with the right meditations and focus. I think it's where a lot of the old ancient stories of healing doctors or "magic" comes from. There is alot our body can do if we just put our minds and body to it!

Thanks for sharing. It's been awhile since I've seen this.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you for the further information regarding this!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Qi energy is perfectly real but we live in a world of charlatans...

They're probably all actors and for the led, he's probably hiding a device...

For the paper, he probably mixed chemicals:

edit on 25-11-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Almost everything can be faked, the blade always has two sides. But somehow the composition of that man speaks other words.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
OMG ! It's on the BBC so it must be true

sarcasm intended

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This guy s a faker. Hes using a whole bunch of tricks that people have been using for years to trick other people out of money. I remember the paper burning one being debunked one time. Its done with slight of and and two chemicals that ignite when they mix together. Thats why he crumples the paper up..its so you dont see the tiny package of chemicals in the middle crating a thermo-chemical reaction.

If chi was a real force or energy it would have been measured and quantified by real scientists a long time ago.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Like I earlier said, almost everything can be faked. But that really doesn't mean a force that yet can't be measured by us wouldn't exist.

Let's put it as simple as this. I behold a force that can't be explained. It's called imagination. Everyone of you behold it too. When we have something like this in front of us/inside us/outside of us, how can we even try to convince ourselves of having everything else figured out.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Let's humor this up a bit. Here is some real CHI.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join