It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord is coming as a thief in the night.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Do not believe. Find the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
HA! Another one of these threads where there are so many perceptions about "God" and or Jesus.

Who is right?

My Sunday School teacher confused me.

My Bible teacher confused me even more so I had to sit outside the class the majority of the time so my confusion would not spread among the students.

Today I can say I am not as confused. I have a knowing and a content feeling. Am I right today? No....

Neither are you Op... sorry to say.

We all have a perception of truth but not the whole truth. We can't handle it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm loving the number of members on this thread using logical, rational discourse to clearly draw out the whimsical nature of this thread's premise. The whole premise is a twisted knot of coercion, designed to feed the fear-mongering that seems to be rising in strength and purpose lately.

Oh well. Good to see it isn't working.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

I wonder what words you are saying when you make the sign of the cross.

"I say,

I came from Heaven
·
| ↑

Here on Earth

| ↓
·
And I am

· _

Alive

_ ·

+"

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
jesus christ mary and joseph lmao what went wrong in this thread ...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The middle passage was uplifting and seemed useful. The other two were garbage fear mongering and hubris. No offense mate.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would like to hear from you, minus the Bible quotes. If you are capable of independent thought, treat us with an example.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Fear is not opposite love. Hate is.

Nope. Indifference is the opposite of love.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Nope. Indifference is the opposite of love.

Perfect. That! ^^

Indifference is ALSO the opposite of hate! (Or, at least it feels much better when I stop hating someone and just don't care anymore.)

This strange thread made me laugh.

Farewell, SpiritofEnoch!

Here's one of the things I found when I did a search for "Cliffs Notes: The Bible"

You seem a bit conflicted, btw, friend. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Wake up my brothers. Do not let the day of the lord come when you are not ready and steal your salvation!
"The Day of the Lord" in the 1 Thess. 5 quote already happened, back in 70 AD with the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the temple by the Roman legions.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't know about a rapture. I don't know what's going to happen, other than the final judgement.
In practical terms, the "final judgment", according to the thought among the Jewish people at the time the New Testament was written, was that it happens at some time after you die.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The only person who taught me anything was me.
Really?
I would be very interested to hear the process you went through, reading the Bible, and concluding that The Lord is coming in the next few days, or whatever.
All without any input from any religious cults or maybe popular culture.

ETA: oops, seems the OP bailed on page 4, so will probably not get an answer
edit on 25-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

What is my argument? Simple. Stop denying God. Followers should be prepared, and the rest of you are getting your final warning. Maybe not for some of you. The Lord could be working in your life in other ways. But as I am given to obey the Spirit, I have thrice warned my fellow ATS'ers of the impending judgement and few have taken me seriously. I didn't think this would be any different, if you're wondering. But if you don't know the Spirit, I don't expect you to understand.

You don't have the authority nor the knowledge. You cannot speak for the spirit nor can you conceive of it. All you preach is your own dogmas—well not quite your own; most likely your priest's or parent's, but still a dogma nonetheless.

Thank you! Finally someone who speaks of fact. I was going to say something like this but I was away from my computer all day. Star for you my friend, my thoughts exactly!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Really?
I would be very interested to hear the process you went through, reading the Bible, and concluding that The Lord is coming in the next few days, or whatever.

The best education is self-education. Your thoughts from this become your beliefs and only your beliefs. After this, should you try to spread your beliefs onto others could turn out to be an oppression if you push too hard. Otherwise, it is best to keep these beliefs to yourself unless you are surrounded by like - minded individuals who wish to build on the collective beliefs.

Hence why different religions clash with each other. Different viewpoints, beliefs, and perspectives on their own religions. Nuff said

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Really?

The best education is self-education. Your thoughts from this become your beliefs and only your beliefs. After this, should you try to spread your beliefs onto others could turn out to be an oppression if you push too hard. Otherwise, it is best to keep these beliefs to yourself unless you are surrounded by like - minded individuals who wish to build on the collective beliefs.

Hence why different religions clash with each other. Different viewpoints, beliefs, and perspectives on their own religions. Nuff said

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

Different religions clash because the people who practise them cannot see beyond duality and are still eating the apple of duality separating views as right or wrong without really examining them. If Jesus and Buddha and Nanak preached at the same place and at the same time then they would have been soulbrothers and would have given one religion that had three enlightened souls showing the way. All tree preached nonduality in their own way. See beyond the view and find the truth behind. All is meant to be as one in symbiotic harmony with tolerance for differences when it is not hurting the other.
edit on 26-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I take it that you believe in the emanate return of Christ. The bible does not teach that. How can IU say that you might ask? Well Christ could not of come back when Peter was a young man because Christ told him that he would be lead around old age.
John 21:18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

Paul wrote that the man of sin must be revealed first before the return of Christ.

2nd Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So Jesus can not return before there is a falling away first and the man of sin revealed first.

There were just two thing that must of and will happen before the return of Christ so there is no emanate return of Christ. There are many more things that must come to pass before that great and terrible day of the Lord.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I will only say that the warning in Thessalonians that the OP used is ahead of us, the timeline is totally unknown.
But most posters at ATS suspect not all is well for the future of the commercial and political systems as they stand today.
Most see they are headed for their end, you don't even have to be religious to get it.
The end of commercial and political systems are not the end of this world, but for some it will seem like it is, because it's their world.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

I am removing myself from this conversation. I am just too tired to care anymore. This thread has served its purpose, as has this forum. I thank you all for your intelligent discussion and irrational hatred and wish you all the best of luck in the days ahead.

Maybe it'll happen in December...????????? There's rumors that it is supposed to be a big month. Unbelievers are not invited. In fact... many Christians... may not be ready either (I hope i am).

Jesus says....

36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
Luke 21:36 NKJV

To escape what things?? The things in Luke 21:7-36... too big to quote here

For the rapture... this verse applies perfectly:

1 Peter 4:18
New King James Version (NKJV)

18 Now
“If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”
1 Peter 4:18

edit on 29/11/2012 by MarkJS because: why two words?? found out. Added original Greek definition links for 'ungodly' and 'sinner'... interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I love you and I love our Lord,

Come Lord Jesus,

Come, let us reason together and create anew, a fresh creation devoid of wickedness,

Let's go back to the Park

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join