It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord is coming as a thief in the night.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Not at all. How else would one test faith? Do Christians have their own scientific method I am not aware of? Lol

Are you saying you test your faith through science?

Besides, who says a man can't love God and also love science?

Sure... but thats not the typical "christian" position...

Or is that christian fundamentalism?

I don't know... i could never keep up with the labels...

Just because I can't prove God exists doesn't mean I can't believe in him. I still think it's the logical conclusion.

Its logical to promote fear?

And it just so happens that the God I found I believe in also happens to operate chiefly through faith and the testing thereof.

Sounds like paul to me...

Do you recall the passage where your God said... scare everyone into believing in him?

I might have missed that one

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

can you describe heaven.......what is it like ?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Itisnowagain

A plan? Not as such, no. I think God will take my soul from my body when it is time for me to leave it and after that, I believe He will keep me eternally in His presence.

This right here and right now is Gods presence. The present is Gods presence.
The past and future are the son of man.
This that is appearing (the given) is the glory of God.

Man suffers hell because he looks and believes in things that are not here and now. Man believes in things he has never known.

You are presence - there is nothing that is not presence.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
"'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

Interesting how for a God who proclaims infinite knowledge, positive attributes and love; he rarely shows any of those things. Instead you see genocide, mass murder, executions, torture, slavery, & a host of other more detailed atrocities; all ordained by the Almighty. God has ALLOWED all of this to happen, and did so with foreknowledge. And after he let loose his fallible, sinful creations, he then pretends to be the untainted outside observer who's going to save humanity (by destroying it)..... Sounds like a sick game to me.

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

I find this particular verse repulsive & intellectually insulting. Why would any rational person love an imaginary entity more than their own flesh and blood? I'm stunned at how God expects people to love him unconditionally, despite the countless reasons as to why we would choose not to. One of the main ones being he's ordering people to love him (accept his "gift"), or else you'll be tortured for eternity. If any human parent acted towards their child in the same manner that God does, they would be perceived as a demented monster. Even a rebellious child doesn't deserve to be thrown into a brick oven, let alone for eternity....

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You must have me mistaken with someone who preaches of hellfire and eternal torment. I don't know what will happen to non believers after they die. I imagine most of them will just be erased from existence. But there is one path, one way to salvation! One way to live forever in love and peace. That's what I want people to feel. Not fear. But time is short. Fine. Maybe it's not the best tactic, but it has allowed me to spread the word to more people. That's what I care about. Whether or not you actually follow my advice is between you and God. I am just planting seeds and watering them. God is the one who harvests.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The 'gift' is the present.
Love what is present and you cannot go wrong.

If your mother is not present then you should not be loving your mother. Love your mother when she is present.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I think that if you are a 'believer' then you do not 'know' God.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

How can you say that when you yourself dont believe in existance of God

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

A plan? Not as such, no. I think God will take my soul from my body when it is time for me to leave it and after that, I believe He will keep me eternally in His presence.

This right here and right now is Gods presence. The present is Gods presence.
The past and future are the son of man.
This that is appearing (the given) is the glory of God.

Man suffers hell because he looks and believes in things that are not here and now. Man believes in things he has never known.

You are presence - there is nothing that is not presence.

None of what you said makes any sense. And I'm curious about where you got these ideas.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The word 'presence' is a pointer.
Have you ever seen 'anything' but presence? Have you seen 'past' or future'?
Can you remove yourself from 'presence'?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

How can you say that when you yourself dont believe in existance of God

Nothing exists and God is nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

None of what you said makes any sense. And I'm curious about where you got these ideas.

Believe me this is not the question you want to ask itsnowagain....how do i know? take my word for it.
edit on 25-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Stirring again?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Heaven is unlike anything that can be experienced on earth. The ultimate feeling of impossible comfort and joy simultaneously. I imagine it's something like being away from home for 70 years and then finally going home to find its more incredible than you remember.

This is just my intuition, I do not have any recollection of having ever been there.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Heaven on earth is amazing.
Imagination can never take you home.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Hooray tis his final thread
No more threats
No more talking like it is 1506
and no more BS

Whats the matter Rapture this weekend? Don't hit your head on the way up, make sure you are outside eh.

Odds on the final thread comment is BS.
edit on 25-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

No, I cannot remove myself from presence. Well, I could, but suicide is frowned upon for some reason.

However, can you prove that now is actually now and my life isn't an artificial memory given to "me" to "watch" like a movie?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

No, I cannot remove myself from presence. Well, I could, but suicide is frowned upon for some reason.

However, can you prove that now is actually now and my life isn't an artificial memory given to "me" to "watch" like a movie?

Is 'your memories' life? Or is this right here, right now life?
Yes - 'your memories' could have been implanted 2 seconds ago - what are you now?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

If you believe that you are a 'person in time' you will be suffering.
If you realize that you are 'timeless being' (presence) the suffering ceases.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The 'movie' is happening now. Yet humans play another 'movie' in the head - which one are you watching. Which one do you believe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join