It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord is coming as a thief in the night.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This will be my final thread.

This is a warning to my brothers and those living who are dead and it will be my last.

Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

(1 Thessalonians 5:1-8 NIV)

Wake up my brothers. Do not let the day of the lord come when you are not ready and steal your salvation!

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

(Ephesians 6:12-18 NIV)

Open your mind to the spirit of the Lord. Love Him with all of your being and follow Him in His righteousness. Let His Glory first humble you, then allow His Grace to lift you up.

Finally, I leave these words as a warning for non-believers, the dead.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
"'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

(Matthew 10:34-39 NIV)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

It should be your final thread. There was no logic flowing throughout your post. I don't follow why this would be your final thread. What is your argument here?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Why do you call non-believers the dead? Or is it that you wish they were dead? Or is it you wish that they believed as you?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Perfect thread for my avatar and signature. Thanks for the opportunity.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

(Romans 8:5-7 NIV)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

I'll be fielding real questions, not flames. Just so everyone knows.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

This will be my final thread.

This is a warning to my brothers and those living who are dead and it will be my last.

Very dramatic openning. Why your last thread? Too many athiests on Ats?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Why is this your last thread?
Are you suggesting that the Rapture is about to occur, or are you just done here?

link   
To all you non-believers...

Good work.

link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

What is my argument? Simple. Stop denying God. Followers should be prepared, and the rest of you are getting your final warning. Maybe not for some of you. The Lord could be working in your life in other ways. But as I am given to obey the Spirit, I have thrice warned my fellow ATS'ers of the impending judgement and few have taken me seriously. I didn't think this would be any different, if you're wondering. But if you don't know the Spirit, I don't expect you to understand.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

If you understand that they will not understand what does a warning do but add fear?
God is unconditional love yet you use his name to spread fear.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
So your not going to stay and lead us to the promised land when things fall apart. Kinda abandoning us to the devils imps.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Why your final thread?

I mean wouldn't you want to leave on a high note?

You only have 7 threads!

You didn't even put up a fight...

Well... theres always a positive side,

One less preacher i guess...

On a side note though,,, IF the lord is "comming" like a thief in the night...

that means YOU don't have any idea when that might be...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

What is my argument? Simple. Stop denying God. Followers should be prepared, and the rest of you are getting your final warning. Maybe not for some of you. The Lord could be working in your life in other ways. But as I am given to obey the Spirit, I have thrice warned my fellow ATS'ers of the impending judgement and few have taken me seriously. I didn't think this would be any different, if you're wondering. But if you don't know the Spirit, I don't expect you to understand.

You don't have the authority nor the knowledge. You cannot speak for the spirit nor can you conceive of it. All you preach is your own dogmas—well not quite your own; most likely your priest's or parent's, but still a dogma nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I don't know about a rapture. I don't know what's going to happen, other than the final judgement. Even that isn't something I can prove. Maybe God is using me to try and convert more using the tired "end is nigh" scare tactic. Honestly, it is not why I am telling you this. I actually believe with like 94% conviction that the end is "soon." Even if I had an exact date to give, nobody would believe.

Supposing I'm wrong, I'm not going to feel foolish for obeying the word of my creator. So like all of my threads, it was ultimately for my benefit, but not entirely.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
OMG you have Lesmisanthorpe and itsnowagain is same thread you just have openned a pandoras box on your last thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
OMG you have Lesmisanthorpe and itsnowagain is same thread you just have openned a pandoras box on your last thread.

I love itsnowagain. There's something special about having your own antithesis. What he doesn't know is I 'star' him on ever post of his I read. Now he knows.
edit on 25-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

The only person who taught me anything was me. And maybe God. I share the word. I do not force anyone to think or believe the same as I do, nor would I do so if I could. If I am spreading fear, then good. Fear is the right response to the idea of death. But I wish death not upon anyone. I want people to wake up to the voice of God.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Awen24

I don't know about a rapture. I don't know what's going to happen, other than the final judgement. Even that isn't something I can prove. Maybe God is using me to try and convert more using the tired "end is nigh" scare tactic. Honestly, it is not why I am telling you this. I actually believe with like 94% conviction that the end is "soon." Even if I had an exact date to give, nobody would believe.

Supposing I'm wrong, I'm not going to feel foolish for obeying the word of my creator. So like all of my threads, it was ultimately for my benefit, but not entirely.

The end is now and the beginning is now. If you were able to stop thinking you would find there is nothing. And out of that nothing comes everything. It is you who believes the words (the judgement) that appears presently. Stop 'believing' the words and see and hear the glory of God that is appearing presently.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join