It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TriHealth fires 150 employees for not getting flu shots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

A company named Trihealth in Cincinnati "offered" flu shots for free and employees had a month to get their shots.

Now it seems that 150 didn't and they are fired !!

CINCINNATI —

One of Cincinnati’s largest employers fired approximately 150 employees Wednesday for failing to get a required flu shot.

TriHealth offered all of its 10,800 employees free flu shots. Employees had a month to get the flu shot. The deadline was Nov. 16. Employees who did not get the shot were terminated Wednesday, a company spokesperson said.

Employees who were terminated can appeal to be reinstated after receiving the shot.

Story from MSM.com...
Health care employees who won't take the needle get the ax

What if some people don't believe in shots ?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

What if some people don't believe in shots ?

They win their freedom from wage-slavery?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
From the article. "employees who were terminated can appeal to be reinstated after receiving the shot."

And now we will see how loyal a hungry dog really is

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My hospital requires a flu shot to work as well. You can fill out a refusal form (some people are allergic) and you have to wear a mask during the flu season.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The fact that the Flu shot does not work and does you more harm than good would dissuade anyone to get it.

Basically this company is using Fascist techniques to poison it's workforce. Can anyone not Sue for Attempted Murder?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

We have to get it, and we have to give the flu shot to all new patients immediately during flu season. I agree with your sentiment the flu shot does not work very well.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I really feel for those people.

I'm asthmatic and was told that I MUST get the jab every year so, for about 3 or 4 years I did and was ALWAYS ill for the entire winter... I've now stopped having them (last 2 to 3 years) and have been totally fine over the cold months, only picking up colds like everyone else.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
well ain't that just peachy ( /sarcasm ) ... 150 less caregivers/providers [like we need less]
but, but ... "replacement/re-training costs are sooooo expensive"
... i say BS.

pow er, con trol, re peat ... that's what it's all about
put your right arm here, put your left arm there ...
get a little jab, do a little dance, that's what it's all about.
you hokey and they pokey ... all the days of our lives.

i hope someone (or the whole group) sues ... the damages are obvious.
as other medical facilities have made accomodations successfully, TriHealth should as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yes, they should allow a waiver and then the person has to wear a mask. Some people are allergic, some have religious beliefs that prevent flu shots.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Honor93

Yes, they should allow a waiver and then the person has to wear a mask. Some people are allergic, some have religious beliefs that prevent flu shots.
there should be an exemption for Concientious objection ... why is an ailment/allergy or religion required ?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

reply to post by Honor93

there should be an exemption for Concientious objection ... why is an ailment/allergy or religion required ?

I agree, my hospital doesn't care why you refuse. I am saying at the very least there should be an exemption for the reasons I stated.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

When the population allowed employers in the health field to stipulate that all employees must be non-smokers to be hired - you all said NOTHING

Now you have all given permissions to employers to stipulate whatever control they want on the personal lives of their employees.

Just wait until they announce how many children you can have in order to reduce health care costs.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

When the population allowed employers in the health field to stipulate that all employees must be non-smokers to be hired - you all said NOTHING

Now you have all given permissions to employers to stipulate whatever control they want on the personal lives of their employees.

Just wait until they announce how many children you can have in order to reduce health care costs.

Tired of Control Freaks

I work in a hospital. Every employee can smoke. What are you talking about?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Just google it.

www.nytimes.com...

my.clevelandclinic.org...

tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.ca...

Some employers now require job applicants to take a cotinin test prior to employment to ensure that they are non-smokers and don't use any kind of quit smoking aid that contains nicotene

Health care facilities are leading the trend but private employers like Scott's Miracle Gro has such a policy as well as some municipalities

Everyone thought it was cool when it was happening to those nasty, dirty, stinky smokers but it was widely predicted that if employers could get away with controlling employee's legal choices after work hours, that it would only be a matter of time before it spread to other areas.

With trying to control health care costs as the excuse, employers can now extend their control into your private life ie flu shots, how much you weigh, whether your spouse smokes, what and how much you drink, how many children you have etc etc etc It is also only a matter of time before employers extend this trend to refusing the hire woman who may become pregnant (think of the increased health costs there).
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
From the article. "employees who were terminated can appeal to be reinstated after receiving the shot."

And now we will see how loyal a hungry dog really is

That company acting out is a sign of the time. They will do what they can get away with.

Who's to say their victimized employees can't copy the technique and get a little payback?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I agree! Excellent post...and I am NOT a smoker...

The evil brilliance of turning citizens (one against the other) "eww, you smoke, go outside" has turned to the maniacal "you can't work here, or live here, we KNOW you smoke." Big Brother is now chem testing to see who is "clean enough." And yes there are municipalities that control smoking on your own private property. Rather than propriety (good manners) giving smokers the control of their habit socially, now it is by corporate or nanny state man date.

But it all seems so caring; so benign. For YOUR health and the well being of those around you. BS! It's all about control. Herding the Sheeple.

First, it was smokers. Then it's what size soft drink YOU are allowed or how much salt (NYC) you are permitted; or what your kid can have for lunch (but, but...Mrs. Obama is so noble with her childhood obesity initiatives...blah, blah, blah). Now it's Orwellian, YOU MUST take our needle...

"They" don't care about the sheep they are purporting to save. They only care about THEIR absolute power.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

ah Glinda - now you are getting it.

I was once shocked to read an article in the paper about a company that was complaining of health care costs. The employees were interviewed and this is what they had to say;

1. Its not me, its the smokers
2. Its not me, look at the size of that guy, have you seen what he eats for lunch
3. Its not me, I only have one kid, that guy has six
4. Its not me, I don't drink but that guy has a beer for lunch
5. Its not me, that guy looks healthy but he sees a doctor once a month, just to confirm that everything is ok
6. Its not me, I eat healthy, organic food, that guy eats at McDonalds
7. Its not me, I get a flu shot every year, but that guy doesn't believe in them

Face the facts - as long as we have universal health care, they have us by the short and curlies. We are slaves and must live our lives as per their instructions. And the funny part is, they are even paying for the health care - WE ARE!

Either we stand together and lobby polititions for employee protection laws - or we all walk into slavery together.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

My hospital requires a flu shot to work as well. You can fill out a refusal form (some people are allergic) and you have to wear a mask during the flu season.

Wait a minute, won't the other employees be protected from the flu? or am i missing something?

If the cause still has to be eliminated AFTER a flu shot, doesn't that alarm your co-workers about the effectiveness?
I mean, what's the point of having a shot if your non-dilligent colleagues still have to be removed?

See the point i'm trying to convey here?

I reckon the 150 employees should keep their jobs to see how effective the shots "really" are

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Ditto and the idea of getting a nurse that smells like an ashtray guarantees that I'll never be a patient there at least. Not to mention the loss of productivity from going outside every 5 minutes for a puff.

If I had my way, it would come down to 2 choices:

JOB or CIGARETTES

And you can't choose both.

My employer does not force us to get the flu shot nor do they make us wear masks. It must be a regional thing. I've never had a flu shot. Why start now?

They did however show us a fear-mongering film with footage from the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918-1919.
edit on 25-11-2012 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Smoking is a disgusting, costly habit that benefits absolutely NO ONE, whether it be the people who smoke or the people who must breathe it in.

I'm all for regulating it out of existence by bankrupting the tobacco companies. That's something that the U.S government should have done years ago.

Freedom and rights, MY ASS! How many habits can you name where the people who do something AND the people who walk by/breathe it in both face health risks?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join