It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: North Korea Possibly Preparing Long Range Missile Launch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by chishuppu

Better than simply regurgitating bogus figures by pulling them out of your backside

If insulting me is the best you got then Im definitely going to slay you and it aint going to be no 69. Please standby.

Actually one of the best he had was proving that you were wrong........

With those pesky little thing called facts.........

I always love when people try to slander the US they hate it when details come into play...........

For all the crap you throw at us, you have NO idea how many in the world would starve to death w out our foreign aid, or w out our grain and other food supplies that are shipped world wide........

Not to mention our aid programs like Red Cross etc........

If it werent for the amount of people who would suffer and die because we removed them, id like to see how long it would take if we pulled ALL of our aid, money, organizations , and food back to the US, before the world started going into full panic mode..........

People like you dont think about facts.........you just start spewing rhetoric.......that was the point slayer was making.......

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You are beginning to bore me with your nonsense, here I will help you with maths. US illegal war + continued occupation = deaths of civilians.

Lets get something straight right now, Ill type nice and slow so you can understand me.

What you are calling a "US illegal war" is in fact not an illegal war, you obviously have no clue concerning rules of engagement or the legalities of war, treaties, or cease fires. The war in Iraq is not and never has been an illegal war, regardless of what yourself and the rest of the anti American, Muslim sympathizers in the world say. Here is why:

On August 20 1990 President Bush signed National Security Directive 45,"U.S. Policy in Response to the Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait," outlining U.S. objectives. These objectives included the complete and unilateral withdrawal of Saddam's Republican Guard from Kuwaiti territory.

A U.N. Security Council Resolution 678 was issued on November 29,1990. It stipulated that if Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein did not remove his troops from Kuwait by January 15,1991 a U.S.-led coalition was authorized to drive them out.

So you see the initial invasion of Iraq was not illegal under either US law or international law since both Congress and the UN approved.

On February 27 1991, Kuwait City was declared liberated,and with allied forces having driven well into Iraq, President Bush and his advisers decided to halt the war. A cease-fire took effect at 8:00 on the morning of February 28 1991. Under the terms of the cease fire No Fly zones were established along Iraq's northern and southern border with enforcement of those no fly zones being placed under the authority of Coalition Forces led and commanded by the US.

Under the UN resolved cease fire, any violation of the terms of the cease fire would nullify the cease fire and would be considered action justifying reinvasion of Iraq to force compliance with the terms of the cease fire.

After repeated violations of the terms of the cease fire US led coalition forces re-invaded Iraq on March 20 2003 with Operation Iraqi Freedom. This re-invasion was totally legal since there had never been a peace treaty signed after Operation Desert Storm, only a cease fire. Bush 43 had no Constitutional requirement to approach congress for permission since he was not declaring war, it had already been declared 13 years earlier and since no peace treaty was signed the war had never ended. Bush 43 also was not required to seek a UN resolution for the same reasons I just stated.

As far as your claim of 1 million civilian casualties, I'd check my sources if I were you. Since the destruction of the Iraqi army in 2003 Coalition Forces have been fighting against insurgents since there is no organized uniformed Iraqi Army. Therefore under Geneva Convention definitions the insurgents are classified as civilians since the do not wear uniforms and are not under a chain of command of an organized army.

My sources are 15 years Navy SWG and boots on the ground numerous times in Iraq and Afghan. However this information is available to you on the interwebs, just do some searching so that you may be able to be an active, valued member of this site and actually deny your ignorance.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

North Korea has Nukes and ballistic missiles already and it has threated USA with Nukes many times !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like North Korea likes to rattle their sabres for the sake of perpetuating the illusion of power to their own citizens. I know that folks like to give them some credit as being a force to be reckoned with due to the size of their army, but were they to ever actually commit to a fight with anyone backed by the US I can't see things going well for them at all. A few waves of the best drones money can buy vs a huge pack of poorly nourished foot soldiers hardly seems like a fair fight. They may be crazy, but I don't think they're dumb enough to actually attack anyone. It would be like ants vs the Orkin man IMO. Granted, I've been wrong before (many times lol), and I'm sure I'll be wrong again, but I just don't see this one playing out.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Someone is actually defending North Korea?

The home of rape camps, one of the most brutal regimes in the world?

Look up the nite time satellite image of North Korea nukes are more important than electricity, and food,

Geez new boss is the same as the old boss there.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If anyone is scared of a north korean missile and doesnt live in north korea then they are ignorant. These missiles have quite a history of failing

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
wow, what a thread...

someone actually defending lil kim.. never though i would
see that day...

sadly lil kim has a lot more he should be worrying about
rather than war and nukes....
like feeding the masses... bringing them into the 20'th
century.

besides its doubtful even if they did have nukes that they
would be able to launch them right, without blowing up
or going off target.
N.K. is kind of like the jerry's kids of the world, or rather the
leaders are, sadly the population suffers under stupidity of
a ruler. i put nk right up there with the middle east...
so back woods and developmental challenged that they need
a babysitter and a rubber room to run the country.

Some day they will join the rest of us in a civil society, till then
we will just have to keep them in the shadows when company is
over.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ATS is site I was expecting was filled with informed people who I can discuss/debate topics with, but it alas your above comments leave me perplexed.

1. If you do not understand the monetary system then foreign aide won't make sense to you, wars on other nations won't make sense to you, the threat of countries changing their money back to gold won't make sense to you.

2. If you think the US does what it does for good then you are mistaken, those billions in aide are needed in the US to feed and cloth its poor, or just to increase the lifestyle of its citizens, come on people get real.

3. I am defending NK because NK has not invaded anyone, the haven't slaughtered people across the globe, everytime some country does something the US feels threatened. I mean you really think those awesome death machines the military has are for fun. You think having the highest budget, deadliest weapons, deadliest military, and ignorant citizens is for defensive purposes.

4. You can play ignorant all you want my friends, you can act like its all for peace all you want, all you have to do is ask citizens of other nations what they think. Citizens being "freed" what they think, I will say it again, leave people the eff alone.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

ATS is site I was expecting was filled with informed people who I can discuss/debate topics with, but it alas your above comments leave me perplexed.

Personally, I think your points in the above message the quote is from are valid. I just personally feel nothing is quite AS simple as it's presented there. The folks with the 1950's American idealism of white hats and heros to a person are living in a different America, I'd say. Whatever remained of that bygone past, died with 3000+ people on 9/11 and frankly, it's why I don't mind admitting I cried that day. That loss...that many still haven't accepted happened and we need to accept to change and deal with.

At the same time, the folks who see America as entirely malicious, evil and out to get the world and everyone in it are also imagining a different place than exists, IMO. Oh the unthinkably VAST U.S. Federal Government has elements within it that ARE that bad. I have absolutely zero doubt in any form on that point. It's simply elements though and not the whole. (The whole suffers from terminal incompetency more than anything...lol)

So I think some of the reaction was to these very complex sets of issues being presented in such 2-D and simplistic ways. Your points on the monetary system for example. You're right.....but it would take multiple sessions over multiple days to explain WHY you're right to someone who hasn't done a thing but the most basic High School economics or has a Jay Leno 'Man on the street' understanding of it. So... over generalizing tends to bring bad reaction....even from those who might agree with ya!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

How many long range missiles does the US have or SK. Don't worry I doubt they will kill as many civilians or invade as many nations has the US has, so if its civilian death records you are worried about the US is leading with just Iraq alone at 1 million. In case you are wondering as well since you threw Japan in there, I doubt NK will out do Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so that US record is safe.

So.. what is your point? That as long as another country can't beat the U.S.'s records, it's perfectly ok to use missiles to kill others?

What a bizarre stance to take. "Don't worry about them.. they won't kill as many as the atomic bomb did!" So it makes it ok? Shouldn't worry about it?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

"The North blamed the South for starting the exchange; the South acknowledged firing test shots in the area but denied that any had fallen in the North’s territory. It was in the same area that a South Korean naval vessel, the Cheonan, was sunk in March, killing 46 sailors. Seoul blamed a North Korean torpedo attack; the North has denied any role."

Are you going to provide the source for the above quoted statement you posted as a reply?

sorry

www.nytimes.com...

Your link is to the North shelling the South. Not the sinking of the Cheonan. Your link states the South fired test shots in SOUTH KOREAN water. The North fired dozens of shells into South Korea on LAND and killed South Koreans.

That's your link. Thanks for providing it.

ETA: From your source.

Analysts were quick to see the shelling as a deliberate North Korean provocation

Thanks again.
edit on 25-11-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A blessing in disguise. For, if Kim and co. do acquire technology capable of hitting the continental US, all gloves will be off!

Sadly, taking out the NK Looney Tunes will result in a lot of Korean deaths.
'Coh- lat - a - roll damaaaaaage', as Arnold would say.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Perhaps the No-Dongs describe the physical anatomy of Kim and his generals?

Normally, with news like this, I'd be screaming in terror and building my nuke bunker, but NK is the laughingstock of Asia...unless China passes them some tech that could totally change the game.

On another related note, who saw the new Red Dawn?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

understood

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Informing war mongers that countries who test long range missiles aren't looking for problems, yet again countries who are masters of slaughter shouldn't be ones to talk.

Then there is the obvious reason of why NK shoots them that far, pull out a map of the world. Look at NK then look at the US, then research the term long range, then look at the map again and see which country can test long range within its borders.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I know what I posted, and before I answer your question I would like you to pull out a map and double check your statement. I posted my point as well as other info so it doesn't seem biased to my point, its not about right or wrong, its about what is. I don't stand on a point if the point is proved invalid.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

how do you plan on getting to NK to kill them without dying before you get there?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

NK is not the laughing stock of Asia or else this thread would not exist, they are friends with China, Russia, and a lot more, its just the US/NATO have a kindergarten mentality of you are not my friend so you can't be friends with anyone else and we will talk bad about you. Growing up time.

How does one multiquote?
edit on 25-11-2012 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I have no idea how to do that.

But in all fairness, North Korea may not be the sharpest pencil in the drawer, I do agree US and NATO need to be a bit more open to it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69, chishuppu

Slayer, chishuppu.
Can we summon skyfloating to arrange a debate battle for you two ? That would be AWESOME !!!!
ATS: ONE ON ONE DEBATE

I'm sure there would be many spectators.
edit on 25-11-2012 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join