It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: North Korea Possibly Preparing Long Range Missile Launch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Nov 23 (Reuters) - North Korea, under heavy U.N. sanctions for its nuclear weapons programme, could be preparing a long-range ballistic missile test, a Japanese newspaper said on Friday, citing officials who have seen U.S. intelligence analysis.

www.reuters.com...

I believe SK/NK would always be the next large scale, conventional, war. and blowing up their long range missile, which US/Japan have an obligation to shoot down would maybe set NK off.

BUT... The No-Dong missiles (lol) always fail, hard.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
How many long range missiles does the US have or SK. Don't worry I doubt they will kill as many civilians or invade as many nations has the US has, so if its civilian death records you are worried about the US is leading with just Iraq alone at 1 million. In case you are wondering as well since you threw Japan in there, I doubt NK will out do Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so that US record is safe.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

That's an awful lot of hate you have built up there....the thread hadn't even been about that? Geeze........ Anything to throw in the Atomic weapons of 1945?

@OP

Indeed... The No-Dongs (I can't help but chuckle too..) seem to be Ding-Dongs about 100% so far. It'll be interesting if they actually hit something besides "something out that way somewhere" but I'm not banking on it. After all, they are the first nation in history to ever test a nuclear weapon and NOT get a detonation on the first shot. It's not a hard thing.....it's getting it together that takes skill. I wouldn't have thought it possible to ..err...get wrong..until they did. So, I'd say they need to be ready to shoot the Missile down out of the interests of public safety more than anything. It could just have a typical test flight, by previous standards, and fly right off into a city it wasn't even meant to.

They need to be careful, they could hurt someone with those things....and perhaps they ought to tend to that nation full of starving people a bit more than long range missile programs when absolutely no one WANTS to invade that particular piece of Earth. (no offense North Korea...it's yours. A military isn't that important)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

It was around 110,000, not 1,000,000.

Also, it was the secular violence or Muslim on Muslim attacks that attributed most of the casualties. So please, no need for your anti U.S. bigotry.

I'll even provide a source: New York Times

The reports make it clear that most civilians, by far, were killed by other Iraqis. Two of the worst days of the war came on Aug. 31, 2005, when a stampede on a bridge in Baghdad killed more than 950 people after several earlier attacks panicked a huge crowd, and on Aug. 14, 2007, when truck bombs killed more than 500 people in a rural area near the border with Syria.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Nov 23 (Reuters) - North Korea, under heavy U.N. sanctions for its nuclear weapons programme, could be preparing a long-range ballistic missile test, a Japanese newspaper said on Friday, citing officials who have seen U.S. intelligence analysis.

www.reuters.com...

I believe SK/NK would always be the next large scale, conventional, war. and blowing up their long range missile, which US/Japan have an obligation to shoot down would maybe set NK off.

BUT... The No-Dong missiles (lol) always fail, hard.

The No-Dong missile definitely has trouble getting it up.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Facts don't matter to fanatics. Only question that matters, what are the odds the US fires a missile because their leader throws a tantrum? What about NK? All that has to be said.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Hate, bigotry, that leaves anti-........... you guys are quick. Next time address where I am wrong instead of what I am, because what I am has nothing to do with the facts I said.

So many side tracking words to blind the fact that you the US kills more people than anyone else and has more death machines than anyone else. So this thread makes no sense at all unless you are congratulating the NK for testing new missiles that are old to you. This idea here is crazy, but hear me out. Leave other countries alone, stop spying on them so you can scare yourselves in to "defense", its getting old now. Stop war mongering, its unbecoming and unsettling for other nations. They know have to increase defense budgets or fall under the wings of bigger countries just in case the US comes calling to quench its blood lust.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

This here is funny, I don't even know what to say. Lets check the record on who is likely to invade someone else without congress permission, no without its own constitutions permission. No more blood for you lust my friend, Arab blood should quench it for now.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu

Hate, bigotry, that leaves anti-........... you guys are quick. Next time address where I am wrong instead of what I am, because what I am has nothing to do with the facts I said.

So many side tracking words to blind the fact that you the US kills more people than anyone else and has more death machines than anyone else. So this thread makes no sense at all unless you are congratulating the NK for testing new missiles that are old to you. This idea here is crazy, but hear me out. Leave other countries alone, stop spying on them so you can scare yourselves in to "defense", its getting old now. Stop war mongering, its unbecoming and unsettling for other nations. They know have to increase defense budgets or fall under the wings of bigger countries just in case the US comes calling to quench its blood lust.

The only thing stopping the NK is the US. Funny how you don't mention that. If NK had the ability to wipe out SK they would. They threaten to on an almost daily basis.

How many of those civilian deaths are caused by terrorists in Iraq? There have been a few, but very few only, instances of negligence by the US in Iraq.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Don't worry I doubt they will kill as many civilians or invade as many nations has the US has, so if its civilian death records you are worried about the US is leading with just Iraq alone at 1 million. In case you are wondering as well since you threw Japan in there, I doubt NK will out do Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so that US record is safe.

Your Iraqi claim is known to be bogus but even with that bogus figure added to the real Hiroshima and Nagasaki numbers North Korea which caused the Korean conflict when they invaded the South were responsible for numbers actually still higher....

Total combined Civilian Causalities

Total civilians killed/wounded: 2.5 million (est.)

Total combined Military Casualties.

Total: 928,951 dead
Total: 28,683 missing
Total wounded: 1,339,000
Source

How's that shoe leather taste?
edit on 25-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You are beginning to bore me with your nonsense, here I will help you with maths. US illegal war + continued occupation = deaths of civilians.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Don't worry I doubt they will kill as many civilians or invade as many nations has the US has, so if its civilian death records you are worried about the US is leading with just Iraq alone at 1 million. In case you are wondering as well since you threw Japan in there, I doubt NK will out do Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so that US record is safe.

Your Iraqi claim is known to be bogus but even with that bogus figure added to the real Hiroshima and Nagasaki numbers North Korea which caused the Korean conflict when they invaded the South were actually still higher....

Total combined Civilian Causalities

Total civilians killed/wounded: 2.5 million (est.)

Total combined Military Casualties.

Total: 928,951 dead
Total: 28,683 missing
Total wounded: 1,339,000
Source

How's that shoe leather taste?

oh noez he went to wikipedia.org. Seems I will only need plastic knife to cut through this nonsense. Give me a minute to tally up some info. While I am doing that please link me the source that tallied up those numbers, im anal about things like that.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Better than simply regurgitating bogus figures by pulling them out of your backside

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

The only thing stopping the NK is the US. Funny how you don't mention that. If NK had the ability to wipe out SK they would. They threaten to on an almost daily basis.

How many of those civilian deaths are caused by terrorists in Iraq? There have been a few, but very few only, instances of negligence by the US in Iraq.

Oh lawd I didn't see that top part, I can't figure out whether to actual give a real response or an lololol. Either you think NK is stupid, South Korea are a bunch of pansies, or the US doesn't like to see its soldiers alive.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Better than simply regurgitating bogus figures by pulling them out of your backside

If insulting me is the best you got then Im definitely going to slay you and it aint going to be no 69. Please standby.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Oh lawd I didn't see that top part, I can't figure out whether to actual give a real response or an lololol. Either you think NK is stupid, South Korea are a bunch of pansies, or the US doesn't like to see its soldiers alive.

Your reply makes no sense.

How does NK launching an all out pre-emptive strike on SK (probably with behind the scenes Chinese backing) makie SK pansies, or make the US not like to see its soldiers alive?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
North Korea does this every time they need to remind the world that they still exist. The country is two bowls of rice away from revolt, in my humble opinion.

(stock photo of Lil Kim)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

It makes sense to people who are not war mongers.

1. NK hasn't bothered anyone and minds its own business building its own tech like every other nation does. They are not stupid enough to want to engage in war with a neighbor that can reach them just because. No one is attacking anyone "just because".

2. SK has more than enough fire power to hold NK back, and they know that NK is not stupid enough to attack them for no reason "just because". It hasn't happened and will not happen, stop war mongering.

3. If US sticks its nose in the area, NK will blow up bases in SK nuke style, that is what the nukes are for. No bases no invasion, no military parking, no airplane landing, no soldiers replenishing, well you get the picture.

Leave NK alone, now excuse me while I go through red cross, amnesty international, and other on the ground people to tell me how many have died in these wars. Lol wikipedia, freaking wikipedia made me look like a moron vs a holocaust denier.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It makes sense to people who are not war mongers.

1. NK hasn't bothered anyone and minds its own business

Are you joking?

North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship, then shelled South Korean islands not to mention fired off a rocket or two out towards Japan that's just in the past decade alone.

2. SK has more than enough fire power to hold NK back, and they know that NK is not stupid enough to attack them for no reason "just because". It hasn't happened and will not happen, stop war mongering.

You really are delusional aren't you? Every few months going back decades North Korea makes outlandish threats. Not to mention they are Nuclear armed and have bragged about having over 10,000+ artillery pieces ready to flatten Seoul if hostilities break out.

pffft.

Leave NK alone, now excuse me while I go through red cross, amnesty international, and other on the ground people to tell me how many have died in these wars. Lol wikipedia, freaking wikipedia made me look like a moron vs a holocaust denier.

I see you flapping your lips and mashing the keyboard with your knuckles but haven't read anything you've posted that contradicts others posts nor supports yours.
edit on 25-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
n. korea are opportunists. why would they engage in a war with no hopes of winning and that would end with their overthrow, war crime trials and hangings.

now if world war breaks out, then n. korea would take advantage while the u.s. is preoccupied with multiple fronts and enemies.

but in the nuclear age, everybody loses.

it would take a mad man who only wants to end the world to start world war 3. that is his only goal and ambition.

and it is more likely to happen in the u.s. , a democracy, were anybody can run and where true intentions can be kept secret until it's too late.

a person like that would have to know at the earliest age that he wants to destroy the world, like hannibal of carthrage, so he can carefully execute his plan without doing something stupid that would cost his election.

like pretending you're a cop in college like mitt or feeling up your secretary like herman cain.

it would take a person of immense focus and will and intelligence, fully developed at a time and age when most of us are in the bathroom with a playboy.

basically the best of us, using his free will against us.

edit on 25-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join