It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzlebox Orbit: Brain-Controlled Helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ok, there are only about a dozen left of the mobile ones for before Xmas. But I nabbed a Puzzlebox Orbit: Brain-Controlled Helicopter. So I guess I owe you all a review once it arrives. It uses the already established MindWave EEG headset.

I was thinking about waiting until March to get the pyramid one. But well, I couldn't wait. My idea is to have fun with this while giving my cats exercise. Fingers crossed it actually arrives before Xmas.

Puzzlebox Orbit: Brain-Controlled Helicopter

Brain-controlled helicopter takes mental concentration to new heights

A toy helicopter controlled by nothing but brainwaves could be available to the public just in time to hover under this year's Christmas tree.

When it goes into mass production at the end of this month, the Orbit will be available in two models. The first is designed to be used with mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones, which connect via Bluetooth to the accompanying EEG headset, and communicate with sensors on board the helicopter.

edit on 24-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
not bad of a toy, i like it, but i can imagine the difficulty of trying to steer that thing in the direction you want it.
edit on 24-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: mistake

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Yeah but I like to be in the forefront of technology. Even with its glitches etc... This is one technology I feel very confident about. Welcome to the future.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

same here
i probably wont be getting one but ive been following the technology for a few years now and am absolutely positive you will be seeing a lot more devices using the mind as an interface culminating in a new kind of communications technology akin to telepathy (and that will cause the biggest social change this world has ever seen)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The only problem I have with owning one of these is my ADD. If there were milk cartons of ADD kids, I would have been the poster child.

"Fly...Fly Dammit!...ooh, lookit da squirrel"...Crash!.

Peace

edit on 25-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The only problem I have with owning one of these is my ADD. If there were milk cartons of ADD kids, I would have been the poster child.

"Fly...Fly Dammit!...ooh, lookit da squirrel"...Crash!.

Peace

edit on 25-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

How funny!
Anyways, there is much more that can be done with this technology. And I suggested to them to experiment with pulse harmonics that can be felt for guidance of the system. I may even try to find a computer programmer to help me develop this further. You see the deep bass will help maintain concentration and immersion along with helping provide feedback for steering. This is soo exciting!

edit on 25-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

top topics

join