It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Physics And Decemeber 21, 2012 A Different Kind Of Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'd say the OP has a good topic to look at here. I was going to hop off and collect up info about the Global Consciousness Project that I've been following since it began and was covered on Coast to Coast AM a long time ago. The Princeton Eggs are another term for it and they represent an objective look at the whole question of collective consciousness existing and interacting with the world around us. A true scientific look.

Here is the ATS thread recently done to save repeated efforts though. Princeton Eggs

They also have a real time display showing moment to moment activity of some which I have up occasionally just to observe the way it all works or doesn't work. It's a fascinating thing in regular times because it is being run scientifically by institutions, not some fringe group trying to prove a point. It may just become relevant if Dec 2012 proves to be more than another Christmas season too, Perhaps collective thought can change things good AND bad if focused tightly enough and by enough at the same moments in time. I hope people have happy thoughts that day, if so.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixed link to page

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Its kinda late. I'll link it tomorrow. But yep, the monks can melt snow. And what is at work is the power of thought creating real and PHYSICAL changes in their immediate surroundings.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That project is funded by private donations through the Institute of Noetic Sciences in Petaluma, California, not Princeton University. The project director works at Princeton and the website is hosted through Princeton. That's it.

The 'experiment' has no blind analysis, they do not look for alternate causes, nor do they attempt to falsify their theory. Although I admire their curiosity, it just doesn't seem like they're willing to take it seriously.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Its kinda late. I'll link it tomorrow. But yep, the monks can melt snow. And what is at work is the power of thought creating real and PHYSICAL changes in their immediate surroundings.

They melt snow with the heat of their bodies? This isn't even news worthy. Anyone can do that.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org... Here is a start. Dumb new phone is giving me fits trying to link the video of this man's experiments. But yeah, melting snow, sitting in 40 degree weather wrapped in a wet sheet and causing the sheets to literally steam dry. Also noted at 67% decrease in metabolism while in meditation. These are physical changes directed by thought. As far as the man climbing Everest in shorts and sandals, I'll find that one later. There was a thread done on the guy if you wanna look for yourself. Something about Ten People With Superpowers or something to that effect.
edit on 25-11-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Exactly! With proper meditation and practice, ANYONE can use the power of thought to create PHYSICSL CJANGE. Thanks for agreeing.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Exactly! With proper meditation and practice, ANYONE can use the power of thought to create PHYSICSL CJANGE. Thanks for agreeing.

But thought arises from the body. So essentially they're using the body to control the body. People can control their own bodies. This is nothing new. They cannot do the same to anything that isn't their body.

I don't at all agree with you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org... Here is a start. Dumb new phone is giving me fits trying to link the video of this man's experiments. But yeah, melting snow, sitting in 40 degree weather wrapped in a wet sheet and causing the sheets to literally steam dry. Also noted at 67% decrease in metabolism while in meditation. These are physical changes directed by thought. As far as the man climbing Everest in shorts and sandals, I'll find that one later. There was a thread done on the guy if you wanna look for yourself. Something about Ten People With Superpowers or something to that effect.
edit on 25-11-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Hold a ball of snow in your hand. What does it do? Snow melts at 32 degrees. The human body is 98 degrees. Simple math.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Not only do they use thought to influence matter, they do it in such a way that is completely contradictory to what would seem to be normal bodily function. I mean, how does one sit naked in 40 degree weather, wrapped in a wet sheet - something that is completely foolish in and of itself - and RAISE one's body temperature? I personally would fall victim to near immediate hypothermia.

The amazing thing to me though, is that their metabolic processes slow down instead of speed up. Thought influencing reality. As I said, this is well documented.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There is also the Qi Gong master who uses his body to generate electricity. Of course I'm sorta on the fence on that one. Could be a hoax.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Hmm.. I tend to read the whole thing a bit differently myself. From their site:

The Global Consciousness Project is an international, multidisciplinary collaboration of scientists and engineers. We collect data continuously from a global network of physical random number generators located in 70 host sites around the world. The data are transmitted to a central archive which now contains more than 12 years of random data in parallel sequences of synchronized 200-bit trials every second.

On another page...

In November 1997, at a meeting of professional researchers in parapsychology and psychophysiology, the various component ideas for what ultimately became the Global Consciousnes Project (GCP) coalesced into a practical form. The technology was becoming available to create an Internet-based array of continuously recording REG nodes placed around the world. This would metaphorically resemble the placement of electrodes on a human head for Electroencephalogram or EEG recordings, though of course the data would not be fluctuating voltages, but randomly varying numbers. The resemblance led Greg Nelson, one of our sophisticated programmers, to suggest the network could be envisioned as an "Electrogaiagram", and we began to call it the EGG Project. We later adopted the formal name "Global Consciousness Project" but continue to use an efficient terminology based on the EGG acronym and associations.
Source

I don't read them claiming to have answers, but to be seeking them. I also notice their professional backgrounds, educations and qualifications in the work being done to attempt to find answers. It strikes me as a noble effort and who knows? It could produce something as it already seems to have when looking at some specific dates already past and broken down to the minute levels. Who knows though, and that's the point and reason for the fascination. Until more events happen which should cause mass focus to see if such a thing is reflected by the eggs......we won't know.

On the other hand, if I noticed the egg display on my side monitor suddenly take on a pattern of any sort in the odd times I have it up for fun, I'd also flip to news in a huge hurry to see what may have just happened.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
And I think it goes much deeper than this even. I read something a few weeks back about 'Quantum Biology' and how a recent study has shown that the body experiences physiological changes to randomly generated events BEFORE they happen. If that's the case, it would seem to me that this is an extension of the body, of some kind, out and away from the body itself. Or...if our subconscious mind can respond to something that hasn't even happened yet, why can't it influence something that hasn't even happened yet?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

This is the answer I have given every time another "2012- Do You Believe?" thread comes up- I consider it highly probable that some sorts of destruction will happen because of the huge amount of belief/thought that has been invested in it. Maybe not on that exact day, and surely not the "end of the world"...... but when something catastrophic happens in YOUR town, it is the end of the world from your perspective!

I haven't been exposed to this hype where I am- nobody knows about it, or if they do, they laugh it off. It is not a phenomenon here.

People on these forums also claim the world is full of greedy, stupid and hate filled people everywhere, and that is like they are describing another reality too- that is not true from what I see. So our realities seem to be splitting already!
-Or else our perception and judgment is, and those who have judged the world around them needs to end will make that happen.

It would be interesting to determine exactly what areas of the world, what countries, are most investing in this 2012 destruction hype, and see if those particular places don't end up having war, nuclear accidents, natural catastrophy, biological threats, a crashing asteroid, etc.......

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why was Y2K a bust and why will 12/21/2012 probably be a bust as well? Here are some brain droppings on the subject from a well aged and fermented mind...

There are two kinds of thought, positive or reinforcing and negative or weakening thoughts. When you have a highly publicized and controversial event like Y2K or 12/21/2012 you will have both kinds of thought and they will cancel each other to the degree that one dominates the other.

Let's see how this works in the real world...

There was a study done that showed that patients who were prayed for did better than those who were not prayed for. It was done as a double blind study so no one involved, other than the people doing the praying, knew until the results were tabulated which patients were being prayed for and which were not being prayed for. When the results were in, the prayed for group did significantly better beyond the limits of statistical chance. So why did this work when Y2K was a bust? First of all there was a lot of positive thought directed toward the designated patients in the test group. But more importantly there was only neutral or no thought being directed at them and the un-prayed for group as opposed to negative thought. In other words, there was no counteracting thought (anti prayer) to fight the positive prayer thoughts.

There was also an article I read a long time ago that postulated that when a scientist, or group of scientists, were looking for an experimental result or speculating on some new and as yet undiscovered law of physics that they were more likely to find it. In other words, another positive reinforcement without negative weakening of the reinforcement. The article went on to show many historical examples of this principle.

So, in conclusion, if positive thought really works to bring something about it will only work if there are only neutral thoughts or no thoughts countering it. As long as something remains controversial with nearly equal positive and negative reinforcement it has little or no chance of happening.

And that is why I believe that 12/21/2012 will be as big a bust as Y2K.
edit on 25-11-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I agree it is a noble effort, except they're just not going about it as scientifically as they should.

The budget for the Global Consciousness Project is for equipment and running expenses. You can make tax-deductible contributions to help with the funding by sending a check to the Institute of Noetic Sciences, the not-for-profit organization under whose financial aegis we operate. Checks may be made out to IONS-GCP, earmarking the donation for The Global Consciousness Project, and addressed to:
Institute of Noetic Sciences
Attention: Sherri Phillips
101 San Antonio Road
Petaluma, CA 94952 USA

General Inquiries (707) 775-3500

Please send GCP a note too, so we can add your name to our list. If you prefer to remain anonymous, let us know.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) was co-founded in 1973 by former astronaut Edgar Mitchell and investor Paul N. Temple to encourage and conduct research on noetic theory and human potentials.[1][2][3] Institute programs include "extended human capacities", "integral health and healing", and "emerging worldviews".

This research includes topics such as spontaneous remission, meditation, consciousness, alternative healing practices, consciousness-based healthcare, spirituality, human potential, psychic abilities and survival of consciousness after bodily death.[4]

Wikipedia

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Thanks for the interesting read OP

I do believe consciousness is shaping our course of evolution, we see it almost daily as greed and war are basically self-fulfilling prophecies.

Also like Graham Hancock say, we are a specie with amnesia. We have documented evidence of past-cataclysm, and I believe that subconsciously we remember them and we are in expectation for another event (doesn't suppose to be a disaster though, but what we call a disaster could simply be "cleansing", which could very well happen in our times)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
A person or group has the ability to "draw in" certain elements into reality. It is obvious and common in nature and society. The process is different than the one which we are looking at now. Y2K, 12/21/12, and some of the other events we have seen or not seen are something of a different nature. On a tribal a level I believe that communities can very well bring in things that may help them to change their reality in many profound ways. The people of our world are doing this as well and may be in a very big way that is unnoticed. I think that you have to be focused on the act of drawing in for it to work. You have to take steps in your life to ready yourself for the changes as well as to help them come in on a physical level. What is going on here is not very different from a paranoia on a wide scale of some unknown future event.

It is not hard to forecast the common trends of human effect on reality, especially if you have a good understanding of history and how we have manipulated the world over and over in the same ways before. This may be the case with the Mayans calendar. We should take a look at how it has been so accurate in forecasting these trends. They have already come true and the date 12/21/12 was just the point in time that they used to relate to all of the other cycles. The fixation on the date itself is pointless.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
A person or group has the ability to "draw in" certain elements into reality. It is obvious and common in nature and society. The process is different than the one which we are looking at now. Y2K, 12/21/12, and some of the other events we have seen or not seen are something of a different nature. On a tribal a level I believe that communities can very well bring in things that may help them to change their reality in many profound ways. The people of our world are doing this as well and may be in a very big way that is unnoticed. I think that you have to be focused on the act of drawing in for it to work. You have to take steps in your life to ready yourself for the changes as well as to help them come in on a physical level. What is going on here is not very different from a paranoia on a wide scale of some unknown future event.

It is not hard to forecast the common trends of human effect on reality, especially if you have a good understanding of history and how we have manipulated the world over and over in the same ways before. This may be the case with the Mayans calendar. We should take a look at how it has been so accurate in forecasting these trends. They have already come true and the date 12/21/12 was just the point in time that they used to relate to all of the other cycles. The fixation on the date itself is pointless.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I believe that we can influence everything in this world. The only problem is the belief part. you truly have to believe you can heal or move things or make things disappear. We are programed to believe this cant happen so we fail. we need to overcome that programing and have "true belief". hope that is somewhat clear.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Interesting concept...i suppose even if that is the case we'll never really know hah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join