It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight from "Idiocy: -Obama Considering Corporate Sponsorship of 2nd Inauguration

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So, Breitbart.com says:

Reports suggest Barack Obama is considering laying the cost of his second inauguration at the feet of corporate sponsors rather than private donors.

Read the full article here...

Does this not sound frighteningly familiar? Something like this, perhaps...

edit on 24-11-2012 by incoserv because: found better video clip

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Nov 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You know...in this time of national struggle and financial challenge ...to put it kindly... He could seize the moment as a leadership example and either skip the party entirely or have an austere one. He earned a big one in 2008. Some firsts were made and hope was high for major changes. This is a mid term 8 year President now though. Perhaps it's a great time to tone down the lavish spending on grand displays. It would set an example to be followed and one to lead from. Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Of course, we have been down this road before...

edit on Sun Nov 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Really want to see just how many people show up to his inauguration cause if the numbers are low that would be a tell tale sign of election stealing considering "his low" rally attendance.,

And

What was that about corporations are evil, but not if they give him money!!!

hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know...in this time of national struggle and financial challenge ...to put it kindly... He could seize the moment as a leadership example....

As a what? A leadersh.... uh, what's that?

Haven't seen one of those in years, not sure I'd know one if I saw one.

link   
reply to post by incoserv

it sounds exactly like Idiorcacy
but
Obama is not a 5 time ultimate smack down champion

when I see the tiles
for OS windows 8
the new interface
reminds me of this movie
the Hospital sequence especially

Brought to you by Carl's Jr

edit on 11/24/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
it sounds exactly like Idiorcacy
but
Obama is not a 5 time ultimate smack down champion...

Man, we should have put Jesse Ventura in office!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They paid for their politicians, they least they could do is throw them a party.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Does this not just mean he could then openly admit to being a corporate puppet rather than always trying to hide it?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

it's got electrolytes

on a side note
have not drank
Gatorade since
seeing this

edit on 11/24/2012 by spoonbender because: (brought to you by Carl's Jr.)

edit on 11/24/2012 by spoonbender because: brought to you by Carl's Jr.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

i would have impeached bush for that alone.

the presidency is not his to sell. what a way to weaken the country in the eyes of the world.

that a computer co. can make a president say whatever it wants.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I thought it was common knowledge that all Washington politicians were corporate sponsored. And now that corporations are people they can receive their fair share of welfare too.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Let's inject some facts in here:

In 2009 Obama banned corporate sponsorship from his inauguration, and used his own private fundraising to pay for his inauguration.

In 2005 Bush spent nearly double what Clinton did on his 2nd inauguration - and relied HEAVILY on corporate sponsorship:
Bush inauguration: corporate America throws a party (20 January 2005)

You can look up the number of corporate sponsors Bush had at both his inaugurations, Marriott and Ameriquest Financial were among the top ones. It is a little hypocritical for Republicans to be denouncing corporate sponsorship when they are it's staunchest practitioners, and were the first to use it for presidential inaugurations. (ps: the WSJ article is also based on something a campaign advisor suggested to the reporter, and not any official position made by the WH)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So... Bush being a complete tool and fool to the corporate world has what to do with Obama's actions and decisions 8 years later? It sounds like Clinton had some class, but that is something the man really had all around by today's standards. I kinda miss where Bush has any bearing on whether Obama has a blowout bash or something respectful of the national condition as it stands today. Hmmm..

Hopefully he does the right thing and keeps it all a bit low key. We can hope that from our leaders at this moment in time anyway, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

And when did Bush ever deny anything ?

Or say he was against it ?

Or outright ban it like Obama ?

Look.....another red herring

This would represent a reversal of his 2005 inauguration, when he banned donations from corporations.

The ostensible reason he is reversing himself, according to Obama’s fundraisers and campaign advisers, is that donors are worn out from supporting his $1 billion reelection campaign. They also cite their perspective that inaugurations are more of a civic event than a partisan affair.

The election is over....now Obama can do whatever he wants.

No more repercussions, very little explanation necessary.

Get ready....this is only the beginning !!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I thought it was common knowledge that all Washington politicians were corporate sponsored. And now that corporations are people they can receive their fair share of welfare too.

Yes, it is, olaru12. But that does not make it any less distasteful!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

No kidding, huh? He's come to power twice now on the horse of change and hope for better tomorrows. All I hear is justifications for current conduct rooted deep in the past and how it's okay now because other guys did it or wanted to do it ..or even might have done it if given the chance.

So much for that big change stuff eh?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really want to see just how many people show up to his inauguration cause if the numbers are low that would be a tell tale sign of election stealing considering "his low" rally attendance.

'People spoke. Move on, get on with it.
I want to do other things and not to be ugly.'

- Barbara Bush

Words of wisdom.

Originally posted by incoserv
OBAMA CONSIDERING CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP OF SECOND INAUGURATION

The article says there are reports that he is 'considering' doing this.
What are the sources, and are they reliable?

It's not like Brietbart is a non-partisan news site.

Even if he is considering this...what's the problem?

He's not allowed to consider this as an option?
Did he ever state that it was completely out of the question during his entire presidency?

As it was pointed out, he would not be the first President to do this.

So he didn't do it before, but is allegedly considering doing it now.

I don't get the problem here.

- Lee
edit on 25-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really want to see just how many people show up to his inauguration cause if the numbers are low that would be a tell tale sign of election stealing considering "his low" rally attendance.,

And

What was that about corporations are evil, but not if they give him money!!!

hypocrites.

You can be sure they will be bussing people in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join