It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiery looking chemtrail I found on Liveleak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I guess this is from the sky in Poland. Didn't quite know what to make of this at first. My first thought was, 'What the hell is that'. My second and most rational thought was that it is just the sunset giving it that look.

What do you guys think?

ETA: The more I watch it, the more I think it is CGI.

edit on 25-11-2012 by UnaChispa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've seen quite a few of these pictures. It's the sunset reflecting on a contrail. Makes for a really pretty look.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't know but I've never seen such a vivid sun set effect on a trail.

Makes me think that it isn't as simple as the sunset IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Looks to be more than just the sunset giving it that appearance, but I'm no expert.
It looks like something crsshing go Earth.
Pollution can cause the pinks or reds, but usually after the trail has been left lingering.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If it is an effect of the sunset, I wonder why there are black shadows all the way around it. You would think that there wouldn't be any dark shadows underneath it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
My second and most rational thought was that it is just the sunset giving it that look.

What do you guys think?

I think it is just the sunset giving it that look.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Very nice to look at, must have been quite the sunset. But it is most definitely a contrail. I have also seen contrails with massive black shadows underneath. The sun does the coolest things to the sky at dusk.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's a sunset contrail, like the classic "mystery missile" of 2010

contrailscience.com...

ETA: I was basing that on the still. Looking at the video it does look rather odd, and not really like a sunlit contrail, unless there was a huge adjustment in contrast. Right now I'm leaning towards fake, or significantly adjusted.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Several years ago there was a thread on here about an "invisible contrail", because every time someone saw a contrail there was a barely visible black contrail near it. One of my friends that used to post on here was able to show that every contrail leaves a very faint shadow that you can see sometimes when the light hits the trail right. He even had pictures of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

There seems to be two cameras or film settings in this video, it splices between the two a few times.

The first seems way over contrasted as you say and the second looks a lot more realistic...

edit on 25/11/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I was just about to post this, good job i used the search box

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

There seems to be two cameras or film settings in this video, it splices between the two a few times.

Adding to that they almost look like two different trails edited together to make it look like one...

I am not an expert but the trails just don't match up...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just a short reply to illustrate two things raised in the discussion. Dark shadows are commonplace at sunset as the light is only striking one side of the cloud/trail and the resulting contrast is quite stark, this is one of the attractions of sunsets, also the sun can create some spectacualr effects on camera as it is going down. Two images below illustrate the point and I can assure everyone, re the second pic, that South Yorkshire has not been napalmed

So the setting sun can indeed make a contrail look like that, it might be something I need to try to capture myself, given the right conditions.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Possible Meteor, trail is very round like
and a big puff at the end.

For the one with no youtube

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Looks like a meteor or some kind of space debris burning up.

new topics

top topics

join