It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wars abounding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Could somone please help me why is it wars are popping up with greater frequency. OTHER THAN BIBLICAL PROPHCIES.......Its like there was very few wars then all the sudden Goverments Started anouncing were at war we have been at war and were going to be in another war.

Did I miss something in the fashion world that chared flesh and guts hanging out of fatigues was the in fashion.

Or better yet has Bush been a poster child for look mom I can kill with no hands and now everyone wants to play. DONT GET ME WRONG.....I know wars have been going on all over the world for centuries almost non stop but all the sudden there are more going on all at one time.......and this includes terroristic wars and genocidal wars and police action type confilict wars.

Better yet can anyone tell me how many wars are definately going on right now this minute. I know of atleast 11 to 14 depending on your point of view as to what constitutes a war....To me a war is any mass killing for either political, religous,military, or terrorist agenda.

Are we so stupid the world over that these leaders of the world can start quiet wars that dont come out till election time or if a real big wig country starts a fashion trend, of kick their butts its cool.

I know the US has a valid excuse for war with all terrorist elements. But as soon as IRAQIgate as I like to call it because there were no WMDs started the news lit up with wars here wars there and watch out here comes another war going to start there......Is this a political tool used to win elections, the media gone war crazy making wars out of anything they see,
or more sinister yet have we nothing better to do then fight for entertainment.......

HOW MANY WARS DOES IT TAKE to get to the chewy center of a lollypop, 10, 20 , 30 crunch (bitting into the thing because even war has us bored)
it takes 30 wars to get to the chewy center of the global lollypop......

Well thats just me but I am sincerly curious as to exactly what wars are going on and where so that when a new one creeps up I will see it and not be caught by surprised when the next volley of news stories tells me there are 2, 4, 6, or even ten new wars going on right now with ten or so getting ready to start..

You know I saw a thread that got pulled and out of respect to the Moderators for their decision and because my appeal to keep it open was rejected I wont give the title to it but there was contained in it a collection of works by photo journalists from all over the world like Rueters, AL-Jazeera, NBC, BBC, Jeruselum Post so on and so. I quite honestly think people need to seek the follies of wars to better impress on ourselves and if old enough children even more so our children because they are the future and will make the choice to join the military and continue the cycle or say no more......to quote a script excerpt from one of my favorite shows

"I MUST DRAW THE LINE IT MUST BE HERE AND NO FUTHER" Capt. Jean Luc Picard USS Enterprise [Star Trek First Contact]

Well sorry to rant but this war situation is just a little to convenient someone starts getting famous for his war then all the sudden everyone wants to be famous for having their own wars, like its the next fall fashion or something,.,,,,,I dont know maybe we will figure it out.....[DR K. being sarcastic crosses fingures with one hand and flips the bird to the war lords with the other.]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here is a list of current major conflicts throughout the world.

www.infoplease.com...

20 by my count.

Also lots of other interesting stats on the site.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well US did not declare a war on any of the countries we are having "conflicts with" but it declared "war on terrorism" now declaring a war in an Ideology is easier to invade and conquer other countries base on fighting "terrorism" than declaring "wars"t to the individual countries.

Now if people take their times you will notice that most "wars" or " conflicts" that are been fought right now around the world are of religious nature.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well US did not declare a war on any of the countries we are having "conflicts with" but it declared "war on terrorism" now declaring a war in an Ideology is easier to invade and conquer other countries base on fighting "terrorism" than declaring "wars"t to the individual countries.

It was my impression Iraq did declare war on Iraq and hence the reason for the WMD contraversy and the polls reflecting Bushes popularity is below 50% amoung voters

Now if people take their times you will notice that most "wars" or " conflicts" that are been fought right now around the world are of religious nature.

I beleive that as you I believe know I has srtong opinions based on a thread of mine that is being elevated into a research project, If I remember you where their and said something about joining the experts and sharing my views.....or something to that effect.....which I am interested in getting more info on but not here as I am trying to keep this to as close of a fact finding thread as possible religion is not the focus but you do have a point.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Here is a list of current major conflicts throughout the world.

www.infoplease.com...

20 by my count.

Also lots of other interesting stats on the site.

And there in lies my wish to have this thread thank you very much and if you come across more info please throw it my way I really appreciate your contribution, thanks.

[edit on 22/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

join