It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
www.bigfootencounters.com...

Continued:

They continued to observe the animal which continued its activity. The helicopter came in over a rock-pile, then the animal "spooked." It looked at the helicopter, turned, and ran "like a deer" around a rock-pile and out of sight. The helicopter searched the area, but never found the animal. The two men could hardly believe what they had seen.

The next day the Lieutenant reported to the command post of the previous night's activity. The command told him that these animals had been seen on the base before, and the public knew them as Bigfoot or Sasquatch. The command explained that they were concerned that these animals may be related to the Alien Craft, and that all such reports must remain top secret. He was told to continue to observe and report, but not to intervene or disturb the animals until the command determined what they were.

The lieutenant had heard of Bigfoot before, but not in the desert. He had always thought that this was some sort of fable or hoax. But he knew what he saw, and now knew that they were real.

Through the following years he and his crew observed the Sasquatches on the base several times. By 1975 they had sophisticated equipment including video surveillance cameras mounted in "key" areas. He then explained to me that they had video taped these animals several times, but the tapes were classified and held under top security at all times. By the time he left Edward's, they had learned very little about these creatures, but his feeling was that they were not UFO related, but biological living beings.

The second officer I interviewed was a Major before he too retired in 1978. He had served at Edward's AFB from 1970 through 1978 and was in charge of one of the Command Posts on the north end of the base. He too explained that they were primarily interested in UFOs and Aliens. In fact, it was through his words that I first heard the term "EBE" which is apparently the military term for Aliens, or Extraterrestrial Biological Entities.

In any case, the Major confirmed what the Lieutenant had told me, but added that these creatures also found their way into the secret underground tunnels that run under Edward's. Although the use and existence of these tunnels was classified, he told me about them knowing that their importance was a moot subject to me. He said that they had surveillance cameras in the tunnels and had, in fact, video taped the Sasquatches as they wandered through them. He said that they were not concerned with the Sasquatches on the base because they had learned that they were not related to EBE activity, and that they were certain that they were simply undiscovered animals. When I asked why they had not captured or killed one in order to prove the existence to the world, he returned that they could not reveal anything that happened on the base. He said that if they were to admit that these creatures often wandered around on the base, the public would loose confidence in their ability to keep the base secure. This, in turn, would give people the idea that they could do the same. Since there was so much secret work continuing on the base, it was not in their interest to discuss the Sasquatches with the public. They wanted to keep people out, not encourage them to visit in search of Sasquatches. They already had enough problems with UFO seekers, or those wanting to get a peek at a secret aircraft.

The third man was a security "grunt." That is what he termed himself. He claimed to have seen these Desert Sasquatches through starlight scopes on scores of occasions. This man was only about 19 years old, but extremely military in his self presence. He called me "Sir" until I asked him not to. He told me that he had seen a couple of Sasquatches that stood over ten feet high, had seen "obvious" females (one with a young one walking with her), and once saw a group of five Sasquatches walking together, all over six feet tall with the tallest about eight feet tall. They were fully hair-covered except the palms of their hands, the base of their feet, and their face. He said their face resembled an ape with very small eyes, a flat nose, and ape-like lips. The arms were long and slung down to the knees. He said their feet were like ours, without an arch, as they had tracked them through the desert several times. When I asked him about the surveillance videos, he told me that he knew of them but was not involved in that. He said only officers were allowed to videotape the creatures or UFOs. Cameras were not allowed on the base in the hands of the "grunts." He said that he felt very privileged to have seen these animals with such clarity because he knew there were several like myself that would do anything to see one. However, he suggested that these animals were not as rare as people assumed, but they are very shy and almost strictly nocturnal. They could be photographed, given the right opportunity, but those opportu

edit on 3-12-2012 by DZAG Wright because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I hope one day, in my lifetime, we find an alive big foot or a real good video that is indisputable.
When I get older I am gonna try to find me a Squatch. I told my GF when I retired we are moving out to California to find the BF. However, I've always wondered, is Sasquatch from some other dimension? Seems that it just disappears whenever it pleases, is seen when it wants to be seen..lol..
Special creature indeed. Maybe we have found that missing link.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species. .....wow, that crazy! really hope that this goes further and even more proof surfaces! Was always interested in cryptozology since childhood. I believe Bigfoot does exist. My take on it is that they were just smart enough to inhabit the dense forest where humans dont populate like others have said. On top of that there isnt HUGE populations of them, but very small sects and if you do catch a glimpse of one......consider yourself lucky. Smart enough to be elusive. People that hunt for them arent even doing it right.....how can you know how to hunt a species like that.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just posted today "Bigfoot prints found at "Pike's National Forest". Great filming! and information !!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Also, it won't prove anything until one is captured or killed, unfortunately.

Well, if that's true. Then, I'm a good woodsman, tracker, and hunter. I'm sure others here are the same. Lets get a group of about 15, buy some large animal tranquilizer, and plan us a Bigfoot Huntin' Trip. We'll start from a central point, then form a perimeter of one hunter every so many feet in a circle, and observe for 6 hours at a given time of the day for a week, if we're all wearing unscented deodorant, we should be able to prevent spooking one with our scent. Maybe that way we'll increase our chances of catching one. But, it could be an awful idea...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is an update:

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dr. Ketchum's Bigfoot DNA Study, Peer-Rejected

This is not the outcome we had hoped for, but one we had hinted at. Dr. Melba Ketchum's Bigfoot DNA study has been rejected for publication...

Igor Burtsev, head of the International Centre of Hominology, is the man who initiated the media frenzy by prematurely "leaking" the study to the public. Dr. Burtsev is also the same man who announced the non-publication of Dr. Melba Ketchum's Bigfoot DNA study.

"Re the paper: the reviewed journals in the US refused to publish the paper. That is why Dr Ketchum has sent it to me to arrange publishing in any Russian reviewd journal. And I showed to our genetisits [sic] and understood that it was a serious work. I gave it up to the journal, now it's under reviewing." --Igor Burtsev

UPDATE: Robin Lynn. Dr. Melba Ketchum's spokesperson reacted to Dr. Burtsev's remarks and seems to slightly contradict them:

"The REVISIONS HAVE BEEN DONE AND THE JOURNAL HAS THEM NOW. They are now reading the paper. I have read the paper myself it is very indepth. and long. Extremely scientific. This is why it is talking so long...Also this is a topic never been done before. All this adds up to taking alot longer to approve."

SOURCE: Bigfoot Lunch Club

So it sounds like Dr. Ketchum's paper was initially rejected either during or prior to peer review by some journal and now it's been revised and submitted somewhere else, possibly in Russia.

It's not clear if the two updates are talking about the same submission or if it's been submitted two places by two different people.

It's also not clear whether it was rejected by the first journal just because it's about Bigfoot or whether it was rejected for another reason.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If won't get peer reviewed because of religion, not science.

The existence of a bigfoot creature is not something the bible thumpers are happy about.....or would want publicly known.

Since they have DNA they should just clone one. Ain't no way the Government could stop them. According to mainstream science the animal doesn't exist. And once they clone it they can patent the DNA. There's no mainstream scientist that would fight the patent and claim bigfoots are real live animals.

Somebody should tell that lady to Patent the DNA of bigfoot right now....she's got it....nobody else in the world does. Since they wouldn't peer review it she can claim SHE made bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

If won't get peer reviewed because of religion, not science.

Oh really ! What religion might that be ?

edit on 11-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I just listened to a youtube ...Coast to Coast Radio Show with Melba Ketchum...that was aired Dec. 24th, 2012.
I would post the link but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. She sounds very credible and I would recommend it.
During the show she denies ever stating anything about angel DNA or out of this world DNA.As of the peer review, as of Dec 24th, it was still being reviewed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

Originally posted by JayinAR
Also, it won't prove anything until one is captured or killed, unfortunately.

Well, if that's true. Then, I'm a good woodsman, tracker, and hunter. I'm sure others here are the same. Lets get a group of about 15, buy some large animal tranquilizer, and plan us a Bigfoot Huntin' Trip. We'll start from a central point, then form a perimeter of one hunter every so many feet in a circle, and observe for 6 hours at a given time of the day for a week, if we're all wearing unscented deodorant, we should be able to prevent spooking one with our scent. Maybe that way we'll increase our chances of catching one. But, it could be an awful idea...

You automatically assume that Bigfoot must be some type of primate living its life in the woods like any other animal, and even though I believe that is a possibility, I still feel it is unlikely.

What speaks against it is the main argument of the skeptics. Since more than 50 years of active Bigfoot hunting, with experienced hunters/adventurers going out in the woods with guns and cameras (don't forget that the Patterson Bigfoot film shot in 1967 wasn't an accident. Patterson and Gimlin had heard about the many Bigfoot reports from the Klamath river area and went there with a 16mm camera to film it) to find it, there still is no Bigfoot or even Bigfoot habitat to show for. If there was a sustainable Bigfoot population living in more or less every state on the North American continent, in fact in all parts of the world judging from the reports, we should have been able to find something apart from tracks and a few tufts of hair.

We now know that there was a third 'human' being living side by side with Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals about 40 000 years ago, called Homo Denisova, and we know that from finding a single fractured tip bone of a finger in a Siberian cave, which has been DNA sequenced.

But for some reason, we're unable to find a single Bigfoot bone anywhere, and that from a population that reasonably should be numbering in the 10 000 or more. There are close to 900 mountain gorillas living in remote, inaccessible jungle areas of Africa and we know about them. It just does not add up.

I personally feel we should listen more carefully (and with less preconcieved opinions) to the people with the most experience of Bigfoot, and that is the Native American population. More or less all the Nations and tribes have Bigfoot legends and stories, and they all concur on one thing; Bigfoot isn't just another animal out there in the woods. It is a supernatural creature. You may belive that or not, but the fact that Bigfoot constanly escapes us gives some credence to the notion that we have far from understood what we're dealing with here.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Heliocentric because: wrapping dumplings in bamboo leaves, with one finger she tidies her hair

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join