It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
reply to post by nv4711

Good finds. I will have to say tho that the government works in mysterious ways.

Had to chuckle at the lawsuit one. Looks like a patent troll nailed 9 companies lol (I study law).
edit on 25-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

Uh..yeah, but why would the Government care whether or not Bigfoot is real? And of course that would only make sense if those mysterious "peers" would also suddenly have problems. I think the simple truth is that she's broke and that the whole study is a big sham.

As far as the patent suit goes, OptiGen holds a number of patents in the field and the reason why they were suing 9 companies was that they all worked together in one way or another. Sh!t rolls down hill :-)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Evildead

That would mean Bigfoot are the giants they gave birth too..

Funny how everything ties in to the Bible isn't it ? The so called book of myths and fairy tales.
People should learn to face facts as they truly are.

Google Genoskwa !
edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Regardless of how you feel about the bible, they're fairy tales that were told by real people thousands of years ago and they most likely talked about experiences they had in that day.

How can something be both a fairy tale AND a real-life experience?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There is a lot we don't know about our planet. Many places that have never been seen by man. Scientists are making new discoveries each day deep in the jungles and deep in the oceans. A bit off topic, watch Aliens of the Deep by James Cameron. It's a fascinating look at creatures living deep in the oceans that have never been cataloged before. I still shake my head that the government spends so much money on space exploration when there are so many treasures and discoveries to be made right here at home.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This Hybrid talk bothers me.

For a whole new species to develop, you'd need two populations with enough numbers to sustain diversity in close proximity.
Let's call them population "A", and "B".
A= humans
B= unknown hominid

According the article, we have a heredity that can be traced back to a Human Female (AXX), and a Male Unknown Hominid (BXY)

From such a union, we evidently draw offspring which can express dominate and/or recessive characteristics of A, and/or B.

Options coming from this union of AXX + BXY are:
ABXX, ABXY, aBXX, aBXY, AbXX. AbXY, abXX. and abXY.

Where then are the children raised? If children are raised in population A, we have a higher potential for the expression of AABXX, or AABXY, as well as AAbXX, AAbXY, and so on down to aabXX, aabXY when time comes round for the offspring to breed it's own.

If Child is raised in population B, then, you get higher propability for aBB, ABB, etc.

You keep getting dilution and absorbtion back into the primary A or B populations.

Now, if one population was threatened by small numbers where, for instance, population B had no viable females, but still a reasonable population of males, then, breeding stock from population A could conceivably be captured and put to work in saving (with some hereditary alterations) a species.

In such a way, you develop a new replacement population of B with a new population of ABs.

We are, however, talking several many sundry generations, and wife stealing from population A would need be a wide-spread cultural imperative where B males might capture a whole harem of AXXs.

Still, even then, there's problems with this Hybridization where eventually all the pure population B stock dies off, leaving their F1 and F2 offspring to breed among themselves, and/or continue the practice of wife stealing where the expression of B heredity still gets diluted.

Cross a tiger with 10 tabbys, and though the offspring might be interesting, eventually through interbreeding among themselves, and other tabbys, you get back to primary expression of what looks like a tabby.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
There is a lot we don't know about our planet. Many places that have never been seen by man. Scientists are making new discoveries each day deep in the jungles and deep in the oceans. A bit off topic, watch Aliens of the Deep by James Cameron. It's a fascinating look at creatures living deep in the oceans that have never been cataloged before. I still shake my head that the government spends so much money on space exploration when there are so many treasures and discoveries to be made right here at home.

In my book, science funding is way too low in general. I agree that there should be more money for deep sea exploration, but why take it away from space funding - space funding is less than 0.5% of the national budget anyways.

The country is now ranked 6th in the world with regard to the proportion of its gross domestic product that is invested in research and development and that young high school students score relatively poorly in math and science compared to teens in other nations.
Of course, that's not surprising considering the US is the only high tech civilized country that teaches "creationism" as an equally valid "theory" to evolution in its schools. So much for science education.

More money for Science and Education! (And qualified teachers!)
edit on 25-11-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

Uh..yeah, but why would the Government care whether or not Bigfoot is real?

Obviously I have no idea if its true or not, but I've read of a few cases where the Government has been involved with situations involving a Sasquatch and "covered it up". Such as being burnt in forest fires.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Agreed - although I'm not saying take money away from either space exploration. I just think there is much more here at "home" to discover.

I'm not getting into the discussion of hybrid theories. The whole thought of it creeps me out.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Note that the key word being that you have a breeding "population...." This would tend to indicate that you've had multiple males of the unknown species breeding with female homo sapiens.

On a side note....I once heard someone theorize that these are inter-dimensional species which is why there has never been a body found. Personally, I don't agree with this theory, but I thought I'd throw it out there....

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is still breaking news. Apparently the media is slow to react. Just found this posted to you tube 20 hours ago.
So I think this will sink in by tomorrow.

Checking the links now.

edit on 25-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This news doesn't surprise me one bit. I spent a lot of time in the woods and know that a person could hide without being seen if they wanted to. An intelligent animal wouldn't be found if it did not want to. Being that this creature has a higher intelligence than a wolf, I doubt if we could catch it. It would have a brain at least as large as ours, a sense of smell way better than ours, and sight that would put ours to shame, just because it lives in the woods. I suppose they will try to kill off this harmless creature because it may be more intelligent than us. Can't have humans as second rate in the world you know, that wouldn't be acceptable to most people.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
reply to post by nv4711

Agreed - although I'm not saying take money away from either space exploration. I just think there is much more here at "home" to discover.

I'm not getting into the discussion of hybrid theories. The whole thought of it creeps me out.

I don't believe in these hybrid theories. For one, 15,000 years is not a long time. Those female homo sapiens would have to have mated with a very close cousin to produce viable offspring "in the wild". Similar to the cross breeding of homo sapiens and the Neanderthals, where pretty much all people of European and Asian descent still have up to 4% of Neanderthal DNA ( I had my DNA sequenced and happen to have 2.9% Neanderthal "in me"). BUT, Homo Sapiens and Homo Neanderthaliensis were close enough to have living offspring.

Given the description of Bigfoot, I doubt that it could be offspring of homo sapiens females.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In regards to the missing in the parks, look up the following film on google: THE LAST OF THE DOGMEN. The film claims that there is a hidden Indian tribe hiding in the NW who kill anybody who they run into and then they dispose of the bodies so nobody finds them. Although this film is supposed to be fiction, if you can watch it you might have a different view of the 411 missing. I see that cable does show this film from time to time.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, if I know anything about the scientific community (and, trust me...I know it all too well...), then her research will be thoroughly put to the test by the mainstream science community regardless of WHO is "peer reviewing" her data. If her data is truly sketchy, she will be called out easily and early enough.

Did anyone find out if it is the Russian & UK labs who are allegedly reviewing or corroborating her research?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here's another note to ponder.

What Stalin tried to master all the way back in the 20's was already out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I remember talking amongst friends and coworkers at a restaurant a few years and I said, "Now just watch, I bet when Bigfoot is found, he'll turn out to be the Missing Link."

Wouldn't that be something? Of course if the Missing Link is ever found, Evolution wins the game of Life and the Big Bang Theory loses, along with everyone who believes in God.

Of course, if these really are the End Times and Satan and the False Prophet are coming into power, they have to level the playing field by finding the "real truth" with "real evidence" where God is denounced. Millions would lose their faith in God and the Holy Trinity. The finding of the Missing Link would do just that.

The Virgin Mary told the children at Medjugorje, (maybe it was Garabandal), that many false discoveries with "conclusive evidence" will be made during the End Times to fool people into thinking that evolution (evilution) exists. This needs to happen to wipe out faith so the 1 World Religion (The False Teachings of The Self and the Great Deception that "We Are All Gods" belief) can be obtained when Knowledge is increased tenfold (the activation of the Internet), and when homosexuality & Gay Marriage is widely accepted with laws passed by Man that supersede the laws of God.

All of these "Discoveries" and False Teachings will occur roughly at the same time. They're happening now. Just wait until 12/21/12 raises our consciences! We're about to witness many lies and deceptions!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I always informally knew that Bigfoot existed but once I read Sasquatch - Legend Meets Science by Jeff Meldrum, I knew knew that Sasquatch existed. The level of analysis and research in the book was more than enough to convince me about the existence of Bigfoot.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I'm not the only one considering it:

Original Ketchum paper mentioned “angel DNA.” A source tells me that Wally Hersom has discussed the initial version of Ketchum’s paper. According to Hersom, the paper is very well written, but its conclusions are hard to take.

Ketchum writes that there are aspects of the Bigfoot nuclear subhuman DNA that she cannot find in any DNA database, and according to her, this means that the DNA is not of this Earth. In the paper, she reportedly refers to this as “angel DNA.” Whether she is trying to say that it is from angels literally or whether this is her way of saying that it’s from outer space, I do not know.

Hersom was reportedly disappointed in the paper and averred that while this may be true, no scientific journal on Earth is going to publish anything about “angel DNA.” I would certainly agree with that statement. Sure, maybe there is “angel DNA” in the Bigfoots. For all I know, this may be true. But on the other hand, of course no journal will touch this with a 10-foot pole."

The term "Nephilim" occurs just twice in the Hebrew Bible, both in the Torah.
The first is Genesis 6:4, immediately before the story of Noah's ark:
1. When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them,
2. The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
3. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
4. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

The second is Numbers 13:32–33, where The Twelve Spies report that they have seen fearsome giants in Canaan:
32. And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, "The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.
33. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

The nature of the nephilim is complicated by the ambiguity of their mention in Genesis 6:4, after a seemingly unrelated passage discussing "the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose."Genesis 6:2 which leaves it unclear as to why they are mentioned other than to place their existence into a chronological context. Richard Hess in The Anchor Bible Dictionary takes it as read that the nephilim are the offspring from this union, as does P. W. Coxon. en.wikipedia.org...

Imagine hiking deep in the woods and stumbling across a Bigfoot encampment where 8 to 12 of them lived. Giants!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Nice shades Evil.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here and make a prediction:

- No paper will ever be published in any respectable scientific journal

- Ketchum will not reveal which other reputed labs allegedly have confirmed the DNA results

- Ketchum will not reveal who the scientists conducting the peer review are/were

- Ketchum will claim that no further samples are available for testing because they have all "been used up" in her testing

- Despite all of this, Ketchum will continue to claim she had all the proof but that the "Government"/"Mainstream Scientists"/"Mainstream Media" is surpressing the truth and it's all a conspiracy.

Taking bets now.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I'm not the only one considering it:

Original Ketchum paper mentioned “angel DNA.” A source tells me that Wally Hersom has discussed the initial version of Ketchum’s paper. According to Hersom, the paper is very well written, but its conclusions are hard to take.

Ketchum writes that there are aspects of the Bigfoot nuclear subhuman DNA that she cannot find in any DNA database, and according to her, this means that the DNA is not of this Earth. In the paper, she reportedly refers to this as “angel DNA.” Whether she is trying to say that it is from angels literally or whether this is her way of saying that it’s from outer space, I do not know.

Hersom was reportedly disappointed in the paper and averred that while this may be true, no scientific journal on Earth is going to publish anything about “angel DNA.” I would certainly agree with that statement. Sure, maybe there is “angel DNA” in the Bigfoots. For all I know, this may be true. But on the other hand, of course no journal will touch this with a 10-foot pole."

That's quite disappointing.
If it's true that she's throwing around descriptors like "angel DNA", she's essentially ended her career in Science.

It's one thing to claim that you're examining Sasquatch DNA, but, from there, every single cross on a "t", every dot, indentation, quotation, citation, parenthetic and italics need read absolutely straight faced conservatively serious sober.

The paper in short should read: "In examination of reported Sasquatch DNA (reports below), I found some unusual markers not contained in the database. For the purpose of this paper we'll label these anomalous markers in sequence as ABC001 - ABC999 depending on their placements in sequence and associations with known sets in the database where Alpha designation indicates association and numeric placement in sequence.

Terms like "angel DNA" are a sure way to laughed out of the field, especially in association with something as controversial as Sasquatch DNA.

If this whole "angel DNA" thing is an actuality, then, once again, a so called "researcher" turns out to be a completely unreliable nutter doing more damage to the serious pursuit of a controversial fringe topic than if they'd come out as a nutter from the start.

*sigh*

Big news! Angel DNA! ... Bigfoot research is set back 50 years.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join