It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't think it's that farfetched to reason that there could have been a more primitive form of hominid inhabiting the Americas prior to the debut of native North Americans. You don't have to be a genius to realize the vast amount of time hominid forms were allotted to proliferate and evolve the world over. I would be quite stunned to know they are still loping around though, although it would be nice to see we aren't the only big homeiz' left.

Knowing human nature, our ancestors probably murdered most of them out of fear way back when, hence their knack for keeping things on the down low.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hoping to make up for the fake I posted it took me sometime to find this one but this is one of the most genuine articles I could find of the existing Bigfoot footage. Besides Patty.

Notice that it is watching what ? Children. I think they see children as easy prey.
edit on 25-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Howsabout this scenario:

The original species on earth were females ( perhaps hermaphrodites.)
The Annunaki came down from wherever, decided to mine the planet for the raw materials they needed. Had to create a workforce i.e men ( the females were just used as incubators, child minders ) so they mixed the DNA of the Earth females, with Annunaki DNA and the DNA of apelike creatures from earth ( for strength.)
It perhaps didn't quite work out, hence the odd sasquatch. After a few more tries they got it right and ended up with men as we know them now.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes! This is great news. One visits across my street www.abovetopsecret.com... and I've heard it, saw its prints, others smelled it (I have anosmia) and witnessed it just the other night (facial outline). It looks more like an ape (gorilla) than a typical rendition of a Sasquatch, but the BFRO researcher I spoke to said there's 3 types of them and one is more ape-like.

Thanks.

edit on 25-11-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Aw c'mon Randy,

Sorry to be a party pooper, but, that family seems to find Sasquatch everywhere they go.

I guess their kids must be giving off some smell that has mobilized Sasquatch all across the country...

www.youtube.com...

If anyone's behavior around children should be scrutinized it should be that of these adults that take these kids out 'hiking' and involve them in their Sasquatch-schemes.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

the Paulides video never mentions bigfoot as a factor in the disappearances. Is there evidence found in the investigation of the disappearances that hints towards bigfoot/sasquatch being involved?

Hi Tesuo,

I wanted to bring that quote by you forward because it is important.

No, Paulides never mentions Bigfoot, Sasquatch or Genoskwa, when speaking of missing people in our National Forests because he doesn't have to. Plenty of other people do that for him, as you discovered when watching that vid.

How convenient for Mr. Paulides; he is simultaneously the front man for what is probably the highest profile Bigfoot research group out there, North American Bigfoot Search, and the author of the Missing 411 books that are on fire right now.

And while speaking of missing persons in National Forests, he need not say one word about Sasquatch, his associations allow other people to tread that dangerous path of lunacy for him.

What a sweetheart deal, for book sales and his reputation.

I was hoping that others would catch on.

It is also suspicious that at this time when we are in the verge of revealing organized groups of pedophiles in high places, that there is all this fluff about Sasquatch stealing children.

This is a travesty of critical thinking, IMHO.

Have a good one.

Also to GezinhoKiko

I am so sorry, I just got lucky and found that on YouTube, I would not know where to get it in its entirety. I was just hoping to find a vid with good detail of Patty's breasts moving, that's the clincher for me, on top of all the other clinchers. That right thar is a Sasquatch.

They're out there, but I am satisfied with the simple knowledge that North America's indigenous cultures offer about them. And I seriously do not think that the Genoskwa would take up eating people on even an infrequent basis. Why would they be stupid enough to enter in to a contentious relationship like that with us?

There is plenty about the Earth we don't understand. If we were meant to, or had the present capacity to, we would. Problems exist out of necessity because their solutions have not been found. Simple. I also think that if we ever get to the bottom of the mystery, the mundanity of it will give us a coronary.

Here is a little something for you. It might be a way for us to share a little understanding around this.

Have you ever watched squirrels for any amount of time?

Well, I have, and after not too long I began to see the squirrels as extensions of the trees that they were tending to. If you watch them you may come to see it the same way. there is very little that they do that does not have to do with the trees that are within their range. I could easily be led to believe that they are somehow, expressed along with the trees, as sort of their mammalian component. Just like glial cells attend to neurons and the Sertoli's cells in the seminiferous tubules attend to and foster the sperm that they care for. it is a model that is repeated from the cells on up to full-fledged organisms, as far as I can tell.

I see Sasquatch as performing some similar function within the environs in which they are reported to be. They are like forest-shephards, or somethin'.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Ahhh aren't stories grand? I love a good piece of fiction, it's so easy to get lost in fantasy when we find our own lives so bland.

As for the OP.. I guess spike TV is shaking in their little booties right now. What was their reward for proof again?

I would think DNA evidence stating it in fact exists should be enough, although I think they were hoping someone would capture or kill one.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A five year study is great - if it was done properly - and I hope it was.

What needs to be known is what peer-reviewed journals this has been submitted to; who is on the research team (what have they published and in what journals); what lab was it done at and the methodology used; how was this research funded; where did the samples come from....etc.

I hope the methodology was sound, that there is great research and that a peer-reviewed journal will accept it (although almost no research is accepted at first blush - typically new experiments are required).

But, in her defense, she seems to be very reputable.

www.dnadiagnostics.com...

Here is her original press release about the study from her company, DNA Diagnostics.

www.dnadiagnostics.com...

I hope that the DNA is a good sample from a reputable source - when you receive a sample of DNA you have no idea where it comes from. I also really, really, hope that this is sound and it is well received. .......

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Maybe they just go camping a lot.

Oh well !

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
its just been around 15k years but its reported around the world?

oh wait, I bet the unknown hominin is the one in mainland asia. They do look somewhat different. The Asian variety is smaller, I think.

Its probably something like how the liger is bigger than tigers and lions.

This is pretty awesome news.

Sometimes I wonder if Bigfoot can turn invisible or something

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

thanks for replying

the clincher for me in the Patterson footage is the hernia in the right leg
its just about visible in the videos ive seen
but in the original im guessing its a lot clearer.
you can see the muscle protruding then slipping back into place

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And before I split for a while I would just like to suggest to the whole thread a tiny thing that may have never been mentioned in relation to the Patterson film...

You know, based on analysis of folklore, short of having possibly some Native American offering their expert opinion?

Patty could just as well have been a Wendigo.

How does Ketchum know she's not looking at Wendigo DNA. Or Genoskwa DNA for that matter.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Xoanon because: fixed vid link

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The article says the paper is "under peer review..."

Why not wait until the paper is accepted before publicizing the findings?

Anybody can submit a paper for peer review ... it has to be accepted for it to be news ...

Sounds fishy ...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Sometimes I wonder if Bigfoot can turn invisible or something

Native American widespread testimony does say they have magic. I have even heard that at the turn of the century all tribes were forbidden to reveal there presence. Was this a form of their revenge upon the white man. One could no doubt speculate.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hmm... I don't want to rain on anyones parade here, but I can't help but have my doubts about Dr. Ketchum's credibility and the sudden conclusive DNA evidence of Bigfoot.

Why I doubt her credibility (and therefore the test results) and why I believe this looks like a person that is under a lot of financial pressure and is trying to cash in on "Bigfoot":

- Her credentials are rather vague. Ok, she's a veterinarian, but what are her credentials when it comes to evolutionary biology?

- Who are the "peers" mentioned in the PR and that allegedly are currently reviewing the paper?

- Her web site doesn't provide an address or phone number

- Her "Staff" link on her web site only shows her as the only employee. Her "About Us" link however talks about "the unquestionable quality of the staff, state of the art instrumentation and modern facilities..."

- Her lab is actually a run down, 2400 sqft single family home (according to Zillows)

- Her office building is empty and the phone number she had listed is disconnected since at least October.
Link

- The Texas State Comptroller's web site lists DNA Diagnostics Inc. as "not in good standing"
Link

- Her company received an F grade from the Eastern Texas BBB for too many customer complaints. Many of them for not delivering results even though tests were prepaid. The BBB also shows her phone nr as "disconnected"
Link

- She has been sued for patent infringement
Link (PDF)

I could go on. Again, looks like somebody needs money and claiming to have proof for Bigfoot to be real could get her just that.
Not to mention that all we have is that press release. No word on when the actual paper is supposed to be released. I think if you're waiting for conclusive proof of Bigfoot, don't hold your breath.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

that would be $10,000,000

do you think they will pay up?
and which individual would be the profiteer?
Patterson for me
he proved it in 1967 on film

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Good finds. I will have to say tho that the government works in mysterious ways.

Had to chuckle at the lawsuit one. Looks like a patent troll nailed 9 companies lol (I study law).
edit on 25-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
are these findings the same as the report from the RussianTimes? (Russian Government originally)
the end of October i remember this thread

Bigfoot does exist, claim scientists

both articles state the DNA tests where carried out in 4 seperate labs
2 in Russia, 1 in the U.S and the other in the UK

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Thanks for the link, I saw that somewhere and couldn't find it...LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Perhaps another attempt by the gods to make a worker bee/slave for them? There is mention of this in ancient texts and it was the first thing that came to mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join