It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic milk whistleblower thrashed to death in China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Agreed.

The only real choices one has these days to escape all this " poison " are to, grow your own vegetables and try
to buy local meats and poultry ( from farms no more then 150 miles from where you live ) if possible.

If people did such things en mass, we could slowly begin our way towards some form of sustainable way of life.

SS
edit on 113030p://pm3003 by Spike Spiegle because: space

edit on 113030p://pm3020 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Yes.

Melamine noodles with sawdust seasoning, shame i didn't save the package as proof

Forgot to add: How's life on the Bebop, Space Cowboy?
edit on 25-11-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: having a CB moment

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I still cant get over that and it's such a small thing too...

I eat Ramen noodles but the brand I buy are from America, reading this thread though I'm not sure thats such a good thing anymore...

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

edit on 26-11-2012 by brew8537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is a ridiculous statement Sir. There are plenty of good Chinese People and alot of good thing come out of there. They have their issues just like evey country.
edit on 26-11-2012 by brew8537 because: mistake

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by brew8537

Were you trying to quote and reply to Doomcake?

If so, I must admit his was comment was rather ignorant and in bad taste....

Alas you took the words from my mout.....hands

SS
edit on 013030p://am3038 by Spike Spiegle because: Doomcake

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
yes china has gotten better.......not a brutal regime ruling a scared population and imposing backwards ways on them all........

much better......

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hearing things like this is always sad to hear about. He was obviously stepping on toes and some people didn't like it and I hope it doesn't scare people away from doing three right thing. I hope his death didn't happen in vain.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by voided101

Well said.

I don't think his death will have been in vain the Chinese people are brave and strong, they wont forget this.

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

1stly I disclose that I am an unabashed chinaphile .. i L♥ve China!

Ok with that out of the way I note the following ...

The story shows both the terrible corruption that resulted any many needless deaths and also shows that the chinese people themselves do try to fight it as best they can.

So China is no saint ... but it is good to see that some people still try to be saint like anyway!

The story highlights that the chinese local police failed in protecting the deceased whistleblower.

That also tends to happen on a far wider and larger scale and the Chinese authorities prosecuting whistleblowers for causing a disruption to the public is just poor form and misplaced anger and the party shouldn't tolerate such self defeating actions. :shk:

Pride ... comes before the fall!

Personal Disclosure: I humbly urge the new chinese authorities to continue in becoming more transparent to the west and to fight corruption where ever it is found to have taken root ... including within the party.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well that's a massive shame, the article doesn't specify who beat him to death but I suppose there's the obvious guess. Terrible way to go and he obviously had a proverbial 'pair' to speak out as he did.

Over the past few years I've been a lot more conscious of local purchasing (Not from jingoism, but it makes sense from a Macro standpoint to be sensible in Micro decisions). Not just food which is pretty easy where I am, but non-perishables as well. Even got into gardening and hunting. I've always been a fisher since very young. I don't like the concept of the Asian sweatshops either (120 dead in Bangladesh fire just the other day) and can honestly state I've never spent a dime at Walmart in all my years. There ought to be nasty tariffs on stuff like Nike shoes which avail themselves of child labor and abhorrent working conditions in poor nations. All that aside, no one can hang the excesses of Mao on today's regular Chinese folk, they've come a long way and I hope to see them continue. Besides, ain't no way I'm going to give up those fantastic Chinese fireworks!
edit on 26-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: grammar

edit on 26-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Somebody who was damaged by the scandal took revenge. Doesnt take a genius to figure that one out. I am no so sure it came out of the chinese government. Either that or it was something personal and the perpetrator figured everybody would just think the death was linked to that story.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Well said OL and thank for taking the time to reply.

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
When there are a lot of 0s in bank accounts being impacted by a blown whistle (that sounds odd) no good deep goes unpunished.

If I was above the law, you blowing the whistle impacted my 0s and I could only buy a yach that is 356' long and not 363' long, you can guarantee I'm going to have you beaten to death! Those 7' are important!

Seriously, the level of worldwide corruption is staggering as everyone is only in things for "me".

Derek

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by christopher.eugene

Monsanto is bad, but they're not as bad as China.

Besides, just because a person declines to buy from one screwed up country, this doesn't imply that they buy from a screwed-up company instead, does it?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirty3

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

I don't buy any food coming from, made in, or a product of...CHINA....

Period.

edit on 24-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

You dont have to...its the source of ingriedients in the food u do eat is unknown....

How do "u" know what he is eating? Perhaps he eats food he cooks himself from ingredients he grows himself? Maybe he buys organic grains and vegetables grown on a nearby farm?

Anyway, this "u" thing really hurts your credibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by brew8537
This is a ridiculous statement Sir. There are plenty of good Chinese People and alot of good thing come out of there. They have their issues just like evey country.

They have more issues than many countries. Their educational system is even more of a joke than that in America, their food is much more poisonous (Chinese wouldn't DREAM of eating raw veggies, they'd almost certainly fall ill), their government can simply make them disappear without a trace and often does, the local Communist party is pretty much free to steal land from people and give it to their cronies, there is no effective means to petition the government for change or to redress wrongs, and if a person collapses on the street and dies they will just step over his stinking corpse.

Sure, America or Canada or even Pakistan have problems, but it's nothing like China.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

They do have their fair share of problems no doubt, It would be interesting to compare the soil toxicity levels,
between China and Mexico.

I have watched documentary's that speak solely on the subject of water contamination in Mexico and how most of the waste from Mexico city ends up in their vegetables, produce.....

You could see the waste water from the sewage plant flow directly into the river they're using to irrigate the crops

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by brew8537

They have more issues than many countries. Their educational system is even more of a joke than that in America, their food is much more poisonous (Chinese wouldn't DREAM of eating raw veggies, they'd almost certainly fall ill), their government can simply make them disappear without a trace and often does, the local Communist party is pretty much free to steal land from people and give it to their cronies, there is no effective means to petition the government for change or to redress wrongs, and if a person collapses on the street and dies they will just step over his stinking corpse.

Sure, America or Canada or even Pakistan have problems, but it's nothing like China.

sigh
i lived in china for two years, and ate their food. Im still alive!
And dont be so ignorant in thinking because some chinese people
will walk past a body, or someone hurt, like that poor little kid who
was knocked over by a van and later died, that all chinese are like
that.

Yes, the case with the baby food is disgusting, but does that mean
the chinese government killed him? Why?

When thing i cant stand is primitive thinking people who think other
countries, apart from their own, are like borg. It drives me mad!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join