It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Video: Rebels Blow up Syrian Mosque...Perhaps Assad Gets the Blame?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Obviously if the Iranian regime and the Syrian regime are allies then by default the Iranian regime is not at all sympathetic to the Syrian civilians. Hell, the Iranian regime aren't sympathetic to their own civilians. You first post about this was suggesting maybe Iran bombed the Mosque but whoever is in that video by my guess in not apart of any military outfit due to their hooting but more importantly shooting their machine guns in the air. That sounds like the behavior of terrorists, aka rebels.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by sonnny1

Obviously if the Iranian regime and the Syrian regime are allies then by default the Iranian regime is not at all sympathetic to the Syrian civilians. Hell, the Iranian regime aren't sympathetic to their own civilians. You first post about this was suggesting maybe Iran bombed the Mosque but whoever is in that video by my guess in not apart of any military outfit due to their hooting but more importantly shooting their machine guns in the air. That sounds like the behavior of terrorists, aka rebels.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Thats how come I truly didn't understand you asking me if they were allies. That's common sense, and common knowledge.

Like I said, it depends on WHO you ask......right? Ask a Syrian.

As for a military outfit acting like civilians,dressing like civilians,well you be the judge.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What? By your past posts it comes off that you are not all aware the two regimes were allies.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by sonnny1

What? By your past posts it comes off that you are not all aware the two regimes were allies.

My first post stated this......

Iran has confirmed for the first time that forces from its revolutionary guards corps (IRGC) are in Syria helping Bashar al-Assad's government crush rebels, and warned that it would get involved militarily if its Arab ally came under attack

You were confused when I stated it "depends on who you talk to". I am 100% sure that the rebels, and many regular "Syrians" don't want Iran meddling in their affairs.

Its all good. Im sure there are some that DON'T know.

edit on 24-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm should have clarified, your first response to my asking you if they're allies. You did indeed say it depends on who you ask so you can see my confusion because its obvious they are allies and even if I asked a Syrian they would agree Iran is their ally and has been for years. Either way, I don't think it's Iran's Revolutionary Guard blowing up that Mosque, but that's just my opinion.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I came across this video just now and I found it very disturbing that anyone would blow up a place of worship, especially by what appears to be Muslims

So it's "very disturbing when mosques" get blown up and yet I missed all the threads pointing out in the same places that churches get burned.

Yet another hypocritical thread,.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Its all good brother.

I am sure many on ATS don't know. I don't think Iran did this outright. I only thought that maybe the Iranians had play in it, if only it was a Sunni mosque, and they do have their own struggles with them. I left some links to that also.

Peace.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I came across this video just now and I found it very disturbing that anyone would blow up a place of worship, especially by what appears to be Muslims

So it's "very disturbing when mosques" get blown up and yet I missed all the threads pointing out in the same places that churches get burned.

Yet another hypocritical thread,.

You mad bro?

Why don't you go make a thread about burning churches and stop contributing nothing to this one.

I think this was a great example of how misinformation that has been exposed. I would lean towards another group pressing these men to do this and they may have been shocked what they had done.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not that it is on topic, but I have created threads about Muslim Extremists attacking children at a School that teaches Muslim and Christian students. www.abovetopsecret.com... It's not a church but is that good enough for you?

Do you feel better now?

Now how about contributing something worthwhile as opposed to your usual off topic rants.

ETA:

Did you even read the thread?

If it would have been the FSA blowing up a Christian church I would have also written the thread as the point was to show that it appears the media is falsely reporting the situation in Syria and helping the saboteurs continue their propaganda war against Assad.

It doesn't take much to rev you up eh turbo?
edit on 11/24/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This is a conspiracy site and I'm always down with looking at a situation from every angle possible. Different perspectives are a good thing.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Have you started any threads about these churches being burned? Tbh, I'm not aware of churches and mosques being burned down or blow up, but just because I don't know about it doesn't mean it isn't happening and I should know about it! So please, the next time it does happen and perhaps create a thread about all the past ones to get ATS all caught up.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I've been fishing the interwebs. Trying to find shaar district of aleppo and pictures as reference. I cannot seem to find much of anything

This is one and not the one in the liveleak video. I cannot seem to find much of anything from syria, language barrier and all.
I'll try to find Azaz mosque now just to see if it's an exact match to the liveleak video.

Things you do when you're bored

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Once again thank you for the effort, I appreciate you looking into this.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

You mad bro? Why don't you go make a thread about burning churches and stop contributing nothing to this one. I think this was a great example of how misinformation that has been exposed. I would lean towards another group pressing these men to do this and they may have been shocked what they had done.

And just what did that "contribute" ?

Rebels burned a mosque and people make an issue about a comment about what I posted.

Figures

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They burn mosques, they burn churches so the point here is?

Other than people have a problem with rebels fighting a dictator.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So this is the "big fish". One thing I've noted is that Shaar disctrict of Aleppo seems quite an urban area. This is the only angle and we cant really say if it's the same or not. Also notice one guy wearing a construction helmet

edit on 24/11/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I know you are not committing to anything definite yet, but in your opinion, what does this picture mean? Once again please forgive me as I am rather "dense" today...way too many beers over the last few days. The only reason I ask is because I am unclear of what you think about the picture you posted and would like to know for sure before I respond.

Sorry if my fogginess is irritating you as I am not trying to, it's justthat I am unsure what you mean.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well the premise that rebels would destroy a mosque and blame Assad on it isn't that far fetched. However doing it in full daylight with cameras rolling got me thinking if there is a miscommunication or propaganda going on.
However now I have to admid defeat. I've watched thousands of pictures of minarets and cannot for the life of it find anything that would match that and give a name to the mosque in the video.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I would not consider it a defeat, you assisted in the quest for denying ignorance

You put a lot of effort looking into this and as I said I appreciate it.

Personally, I am open to all suggestions, but in my opinion this was most likely done by rebels or some other group who are against Assad and his regime in order to demonize Asssad.

In your defense, it is odd that this was done in broad daylight with the cameras running so it does smell like propaganda, but as I previously mentioned this video was never meant to be released but was supposedly leaked by a member of the group who regreted their actions. I also acknowledged that this could be a lie as well...no one really knows with certainty who was behind this and what their reasons were except the people involved.

We may never know.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok so I gave up. I cannot find any other mosque with same minarettes as the video except A'zaz. It fits perfectly thought which makes me wonder. The building and the face of the building match also. So my guess would be that this video is filmed in A'zaz. However I'm not saying anything for sure cause we have such limited findings

Here's a link to the mosque in question for reference.
A'zaz mosque

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join