It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Video: Rebels Blow up Syrian Mosque...Perhaps Assad Gets the Blame?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Like your post OP. Yep, it shows hypocracy all right. Muzzies blowing up muzzies, the US and UN backing the rebels in syria (with al quaida (sp) fighting with the rebels) but then the UN and the US fighting against al quaida (sp) in other parts of the world. But back to the point, this just reinforces my belief that deceit is built into the DNA of people in the ME. I have had too many personal experiences with ME people (yes, I know, that's only anactdotal evidence) to see anything else but slimy underhanded deceitful dealings. so the idea of them blowing up a place of worship and blaming Assad really doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Anyone that can look you in the eye and lie directly to your face is lower than a snake's belly in my book

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe it was the Iranians ?

To be honest the idea never even crossed my mind, it's a possibility, but I highly doubt it. I doubt it because the Iranians that are there are there to help Assad and blowing up a mosque and having it blamed on Assad by the media does not work in his favor so as I said it is highly doubtful that this was done by the Iranians.

I do not believe this video was never intended to be released to the media. Supposedly this video was released by a member of the group who had regrets for his actions in participating in the destruction of a Mosque.

This could also be a lie but I find it to be the most believable option in this situation, but at the end of the day no one really knows the whole story of what happened in that video and who was behind it except for the ones who were there and those who sent them.
edit on 11/24/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: forgot the word never

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
Like your post OP. Yep, it shows hypocracy all right. Muzzies blowing up muzzies, the US and UN backing the rebels in syria (with al quaida (sp) fighting with the rebels) but then the UN and the US fighting against al quaida (sp) in other parts of the world. But back to the point, this just reinforces my belief that deceit is built into the DNA of people in the ME. I have had too many personal experiences with ME people (yes, I know, that's only anactdotal evidence) to see anything else but slimy underhanded deceitful dealings. so the idea of them blowing up a place of worship and blaming Assad really doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Anyone that can look you in the eye and lie directly to your face is lower than a snake's belly in my book

I am glad that you like my post, but I must say I do not agree with some of what you said, mostly your racial bias which I believe may have influenced your interpretation. Calling people Muzzies and saying that their DNA is built with deceit is a bit harsh in my opinion.

I do agree with you though when you say that the post does show hipocrisy, mostly by the media and the people in the video.

Personally I try not to judge a whole group of people due to the actions of a few. I have been accused of doing this, but I do not believe it is a fair accusation since I do not actually think this way.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Blaming Rebels, is just as easy as blaming the Iranians. Or even Israel.

Heres another "familiar" story.

Government troops had been holed up inside the 13th century Umayyad Mosque, a UNESCO World Heritage site, in downtown Aleppo for several months before the opposition fighting to topple Assad launched a push to liberate it this week.

Activist Mohammad al-Hassan said the army had been using the mosque as a base because of its strategic location in the center of the old city of Aleppo. The opposition and activists have complained that soldiers and pro-government militiamen wrote offensive graffiti on its walls and drank alcohol inside.

Landmark mosque in embattled Aleppo burned in Syria fighting

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think Iranians are classified as foreigners in Syria.

But don't quote me on that

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think ANYTHING is possible, but it is a stretch to think Iran did it. Now Assad, or his troops?

In war, anything and everything is a target. Its sad.

Edit to Add:

Heres a story on Iran, and its treatment of Sunni's. A bit off topic, but its the reason "why" I asked if it was Sunni.

Unfortunately, some of these calls come for the objection by the Sunni scholars over the demolition of “Imam Abu Hanifa” seminary in Azeemabad village of Sistan region, which was destroyed by the Iranian authorities 2 years and 9 months ago. Now the courts summon them.

Shaikh A.Hamid talks over the recent pressures on Sunnis of Iran

edit on 24-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I did a google image search with "mosque aleppo" and not a single one of those looked anything like the one in the video. I'd question how valid this source is.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Which source do you mean?

The CNN source, or the LiveLeak video?

I also had troubles finding reliable information on this incident.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was thinking about the liveleak video. I found this thought. wiki. Could be that one. There's tons of those things and I'm thinking perhaps the two reported mosques are different but in the same region perhaps?

[add] Let's just add to the confusion, then there's this image. Can they really be so reckless that they'd go after Army assets next to a mosque and end up bringing the mosque down too?

edit on 24/11/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

But they are allies, no? There have been rumors of killed in action Iranian snipers who were killing the rebels. Their have also been reports that the Syrian rebels are Al Qaeda,

Syrian rebels worried al-Qaeda co-opting revolution

www.usatoday.com...

12:29AM EDT October 23. 2012 - ANTAKYA, Turkey – Syrian opposition activists say they are worried that Islamist terrorists are hijacking the Syrian revolution after Jordanian authorities thwarted a plot to attack targets such a

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Please understand that I mean no offense, and am not being confrontational. It's just that I am confused as to what you are questioning about the LiveLeak video. I will admit that my reading comprehension is a bit foggy today, but if you don't mind could you please explain in more detail what concerns you about the LiveLeak video that causes you to doubt it's authenticity.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

But they are allies, no?

Depends who you ask, huh?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That's what I always do. I didn't google the mosque cause I'm interested in converting
I won't take it at face value wheter it is an online video or a news report.
edit on 24/11/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

But they are allies, no?

Let's ask Google

Yup, says they've been buds since 1979.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There's also this video of the alleged attack itself. Can't embed cause it has headless corpses etc. Also this is not the Azaz that is possibly in the liveleak video. This is called Noor Al Shuhada'a. That's what the CNN article said was bombed.

YT video. WARNING! extremely graphic content!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

But they are allies, no?

Let's ask Google

Yup, says they've been buds since 1979.

They are definitely allies, no doubt about it.

Iran-Syria sign defence pact

Iran and its close ally Syria have signed a new defence cooperation pact, Iranian media reported on Wednesday, just a week after news broke that Israel had begun indirect peace talks with Damascus.

"The two countries pledge their mutual support regarding territorial independence and integrity in terms of international and regional authorities," the state-run IRNA news agency reported.

The accord, signed during a visit by Syrian Defence Minister Hassan Turkmani, also called for the withdrawal of "foreign and occupation forces, which are the source of insecurity and instability in the region."

I figured this was common knowledge to anyone who has been following the situation.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Are they friends with the Rebels?

Are they Friends with ONLY the leaders of this regime? Seems to me that many in Syria don't view the Iranians the same as Assad does.

Part of the reason I said anything is possible, as Iran does have a play, in this war. Just like the Rebels, and Assad.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Syrian regime and the Iranian regime are indeed allies. Are you seriously denying this? Are there shady things going on in the background? Of course, but it is known they are allies.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
There's also this video of the alleged attack itself. Can't embed cause it has headless corpses etc. Also this is not the Azaz that is possibly in the liveleak video. This is called Noor Al Shuhada'a. That's what the CNN article said was bombed.

YT video. WARNING! extremely graphic content!

I do not believe that you have verified which mosque it was or wasn't. The CNN article says which Mosque was "bombed" but the LIveLeak link only sayd a mosque in Aleppo.

The pictures do not prove this to be wrong, I appreciate the effort but it appears that the CNN article is discussing the incident from the video in my OP.

I am keeping an open mind, if you can prove that this wasn't the mosque I will admit my error but as it stands there is no proof that this wasn't the mosque in question.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Of course the regimes are allies. Now talk to the people of Syria, and ask them if they believe in Iran.

You might get a different answer. That's all I was saying.
edit on 24-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: NM

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join