It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS model United Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just thought I would propose an idea to compliment the debate threads with a model United Nations style thread.

I participated in similar clubs throughout grade school, high school and even in my post secondary institution I found this activity enjoyable.

Could something similar be implemented on the forums with a MOD moderating a sessions on a assigned global issue.

We can address issues that are covered in all the councils. Though I am sure security council will be the most attractive.

Instead of locking a thread for 2 members as in the debate style, could a mod allow the participation of x number of the members?

]
edit on 24-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Interesting premise.

Will keep watching this thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It could be fun if we can have it moderated appropriately.

Also, people would need to check their preconceptions at the door as the participants would be required to (temporarily?) adopt the foreign policy of their designated nation.

I definitely think an exercise like this could develop ones critical thinking skills.

I think the moderators are the only ones that can regulate the discussions though.

edit on 24-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hm..

Interesting.

I've made an alert for staff to see what we can come up with. No promises of course but we'll bounce the ideas off each other and see if there's any viable way to have this done.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks tenth. Those that have participated in similar activities would be an asset.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This sum's up the modern gestapo oh i mean th U.N

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think it may be an interesting idea, afterall we did successfully pull off a campaign and election on the site, and there was minimal bloodshed, so it's not out of the realm of theory that this cold be pulled off..

new topics

top topics

join