posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
I just spent 6 hours in some absurdly stupid traffic, and it has given me the push to create this thread I have been thinking about for a while
I know most people would consider themselves good drivers. But anyone who has spent anytime on the highways knows this is just not the case. And many
of you are plain terrible.
Some of you might say "Who are you to criticize other people's driving?"
Well, I have been everywhere, and driven across the US from coast to coast and top to bottom more times than I can count. I have been to evasive and
anti-terrorism defensive drivers courses. I have never been in a car accident. Oh, and I taught myself how to drive in a HMMWV in Iraq.
First off, I drive fast. But I do it safely. I don't cut people off, barrel across 4 lanes of traffic, change lanes without using my turn signal or
any other crap like that. It's not rocket science people.
Here are some basic rules everyone should know. If you do know them, good for you. If not, pay attention.
1. The left lane is for me, Stay out of it!
2. If you have to use my lane, you should be prepared to drive at least 80mph.
3. You can exceed the posted speed limit by 9mph anywhere without worrying about getting a ticket.
4. If you find yourself in a group of 3 or more vehicles, you can go as fast as you want. Just don't be the last vehicle.
5. There is no reason to use your brakes on the highway. You have a gas pedal and a steering wheel for a reason, Use them!
These are easy rules to follow. If everyone can abide by them, our driving experiences will be much more pleasant.
Thank you for your time, and feel free to ask any questions that were not covered by this period of instruction.