Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 36
27
<< 33  34  35   >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The word 'Skeptic' and 'Disbeliever' are synonymous. Please check your online dictionary.

reply to post by ArMaP
 




posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Notice OP disappeared, never to return here again. Typical behavior for these kind of people. They make a challenging statement but when faced with criticism they immediately bail out. They simply can't handle the truth, period. They tend to get upset like OP did and even may resort to violence (op threatened me with violence). They use variety of tactics when they feel defeated. One of his supporters was constantly distorting what has been said and pretended to be a victim. I wont mention her name but I think most of us aware of who she is.
edit on 2-12-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-12-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
The word 'Skeptic' and 'Disbeliever' are synonymous. Please check your online dictionary.

A dictionary will also tell you that mouse may be an animal or a computer input device.


When I talk about scepticism I am talking about what they call "philosophical scepticism", as it applies to everything and not to a specific topic.

Other people may have a different opinion, obviously.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
Notice OP disappeared, never to return here again.

He did say that he was moving to a different town, and you can see that his last login was on November 27, so I think it's still early to say that he has "disappeared".



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
 


Its strange how the dictionaries define the words. You can be skeptical about a subject without being a skeptic.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'll treat this topic the same way I'd treat a religious topic. I have an open mind but I'm also not naive. If i see evidence as many others brought up, it'd go a long ways. I'm noty the type to believe in something just because others say it's so. If advanced ET's were here, we wouldn't need any sort of disclosure for them to reveal themselves to us. That's the biggest crock I've seen since reading any text from any given Religion.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
You can be skeptical about a subject without being a skeptic.

True, that's why I always talk about sceptics or scepticism, not about being sceptical about something.



posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav
 


Two examples are the theory that an asteroid caused the extinction of the dinosaurs and the theory of plate tectonics. Both sets of proponents were roundly criticized and ridiculed for many years. A generation passed before overwhelming evidence surfaced to vindicate both theories. In the case of Luis Alvarez and his son Walter, a layer of iridium was discovered at the K-T (Cretaceous Tertiary) boundary worldwide indicating an asteroid strike. Iridium is an element rarely found on earth but is found in asteroids. In Wegener's case, paleomagnetic studies, along with voluminous geological and biological evidence, largely but not completely, vindicated his theory.

Controversy raged for decades doing harm to reputations and standing among their respective colleagues.



posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx
reply to post by stanislav
 


Two examples are the theory that an asteroid caused the extinction of the dinosaurs and the theory of plate tectonics. Both sets of proponents were roundly criticized and ridiculed for many years. A generation passed before overwhelming evidence surfaced to vindicate both theories. In the case of Luis Alvarez and his son Walter, a layer of iridium was discovered at the K-T (Cretaceous Tertiary) boundary worldwide indicating an asteroid strike. Iridium is an element rarely found on earth but is found in asteroids. In Wegener's case, paleomagnetic studies, along with voluminous geological and biological evidence, largely but not completely, vindicated his theory.

Controversy raged for decades doing harm to reputations and standing among their respective colleagues.


Resistance to change is near universal...



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
hahah this thread has made quite the popular topic XDI havent been here in a week or so? 36 pages...


Look forward to backtracking


~ Love is an art



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by synchronomy
I am a firm believer in the ETH based on my own experiences, however I am often labelled as a skeptic simply because I question and dig deeper into every piece of evidence I see, whether it be witness testimony, video, or documents.
People will often say, "I thought you were a believer?"...well yes, I am, however I don't (or attempt not to) allow my drive to find "Exhibit A" to bias my discernment of evidence.
There is an extravagant abundance of well-produced CGI videos available and I try not to jump headlong down every rabbit hole like the famous bunny in Alice in Wonderland.


commonalities my friend


take care,

~ Love is an art





top topics
 
27
<< 33  34  35   >>

log in

join