It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ENOUGH

Anymore discussion of Mod Actions and Warnings are next and possible loss of posting privileges

Discuss the topic or not at all

YOU have been WARNED

Semper

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Watch this video and tell me how can video or photographic evidence constitute for evidence.

ILLUSION

edit on 28-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have over the years chatted with various people on websites and forums and listened to some on popular radio programs and even watched youtube videos from people claiming to have universal knowledge or some kind of special insight that only they have and are privy to in most cases,

Never has anything universal or any special insight been revealed except the same old tired "new age blather". There are other media sources beside MSM that would snap up a real revelation in a heartbeat and promote it to no ends on other media outlets than just TV if there was some fiber to the claims when such an announcement is made.

Those that claim universal knowledge or special insights would be criminal you'd think not to share their gift or message with the masses but take it guardedly to the grave with them. Then what is the use? Why brag about something and not share?

If its the same old new age blather, then thank you for keeping it to yourself and good luck with your secret knowledge. I might miss out on light and love coming from someone that claims they are awake and all knowing but I know what light and love means in reality and it doesn't include crystals, meditation, and saying a mantra.

Not saying that meditation is bad but its also not a physical love or a true depiction of light in a sense. Real physical love among two beings is so much more powerful than an inner love of self that it defies all logic. The warmth and benefits of natural light is not only a reality its also a necessity for human health. You can't get that nourishment from an inner sun and sooner or later your body will show that.

Want me to believe in a fantasy based on self contained knowledge or a extraordinary claim blindly?

Then your going to have to do something like show me a physical love or a real warmth type of reality. But you could totally blow my mind with something new and possibly provable by stating something different than "I believe" or "only I know' type of secretive tease.

I understand that I'm not here for anyone to prove anything to me but I also didn't make the claim that I held the secrets of the universe close to the heart either.

That's why I'm a skeptic. I Need something tangible to experience in reality and not blind faith in someone else''s inner fantasy unless I'm proven wrong and then will I concede my stance and accept your logic and understanding on the matter. If I truly believed in a knowledge that was especially shown to me then you better believe that I'd do anything and everything possible to impart that knowledge to others as best as I could and then let it go.
Job done, take it or leave it.
edit on 28-11-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Apparently fiber optics have been invented by aliens.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

Only that people of limited minds, that cannot admit obvious possibilities aren't worth talking to.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Only that people of limited minds, that cannot admit obvious possibilities aren't worth talking to.

The irony being that believers have firmly closed their minds to the possibility that unexplained phenomena could possibly be anything but extraterrestrials. What a small, unimaginative and even crassly materialistic interpretation. Each individual unidentified "object" might be a completely different miracle of Nature. But, no, it must be aliens tooling around the galaxy like some tourist on a road trip in their car.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I never said that, you presumed that, just because I believe in extraterrestrial intelligent life. Your presumption, your wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

I see you're lying again.

No sceptic has said, on this thread at least, that there's no possibility of alien life.

That hasn't been said.

You've repeatedly claimed that sceptics believe that.

I'm very seriously doubting you:

- either you're intentionally, and repeatedly, lying - for some unknown reason, or
- you're imagining this position to exist - it's an illusion you choose to believe in, despite having no evidence...

Hard to know which of these is true...

But the important thing to note is that sceptics aren't claiming that there's no possibility of there being alien life.

Sceptics are, by and large, saying that there's NO EVIDENCE for aliens having visited earth.

And

You've presented no evidence for your claims that aliens are specifically targeting you, singling you out.

You've also made repeated claims about mathematical evidence, which you refuse to expand on, no matter how many times you are asked.

And you repeatedly are INSULTING sceptics, belittle their intellect, etc.

And you're complaining, incessantly, to the mods, about people attacking "brave" people like you...

Lots of claims, lots of complaining, no evidence and insulting people that disagree with you.

And you wonder why people aren't convinced...

edit on 29-11-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Imtor

Agreed, although based on previous cases I am sure the demons and angels you believe in have nothing divine and are quite ordinary except maybe having some higher powers and technology which makes them aliens by definition and there is no such thing as demons and angels. IF of course these beings exist at all and all isn't just a bunch of stories and shizophrenia.

Sounds like you need to make up your mind.

Making up your mind is exactly what you shouldn't do

That way you won't learn anything. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that everything we know is probably wrong, if there is some higher intelligence out there, why would we expect to even be able to comprehend something that incredible.
Humans are stupid in general, and yes that includes me.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

I see you're lying again.

No sceptic has said, on this thread at least, that there's no possibility of alien life.

That hasn't been said.

You've repeatedly claimed that sceptics believe that.

I'm very seriously doubting you:

- either you're intentionally, and repeatedly, lying - for some unknown reason, or
- you're imagining this position to exist - it's an illusion you choose to believe in, despite having no evidence...

Hard to know which of these is true...

But the important thing to note is that sceptics aren't claiming that there's no possibility of there being alien life.

Sceptics are, by and large, saying that there's NO EVIDENCE for aliens having visited earth.

And

You've presented no evidence for your claims that aliens are specifically targeting you, singling you out.

You've also made repeated claims about mathematical evidence, which you refuse to expand on, no matter how many times you are asked.

And you repeatedly are INSULTING sceptics, belittle their intellect, etc.

And you're complaining, incessantly, to the mods, about people attacking "brave" people like you...

Lots of claims, lots of complaining, no evidence and insulting people that disagree with you.

And you wonder why people aren't convinced...

edit on 29-11-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

Its not worth it, she won't listen.
I've asked her the same question numerous times and been ignored, I even shared my views, the fact that I believe in aliens and ufos but not convinced they're related, and still she says the same thing. That all the skeptics refuse to believe that extraterrestrial life is possible.
No. Ignorance prevails

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Almost looks like WW3 here!

I won't be part of it. I'll just answer to the OP.

I'm a "skeptic", as you define guys like me.
But I am not (and I won't let anybody says otherwise) close minded.
I would be delighted, truly, if some alien landed in my garden to say hello.
I think I would be delighted, too, if I was proved that aliens taught us how to cook bread in ancient times.
That' would be something!

But...I won't, ever, just "believe" in those things.
I am an agnostic: I do not know if some god exists...I cannot answer that. But until proven otherwise...well...it could exist, but I won't bet my life on its existence. So, it's not more tangible as a dragon, or a leprechaun.
Same applies to aliens visiting earth on a daily basis, and so on.

Up to now science has offered me the right amount of "Wowwww" or "Awwww"...I do think that proven scientific theories, checked and agreed by many scientists...is something I can trust.
Not some obscure conspiracy theory stated by some random guy on the Internet, selling a book explaining everything I need to know about the secret he is the great keeper.

But if someday, thousands of scientists prove that...yes, ancient aliens built the pyramids, with strong evidences, cross-checked: well...ok! That would be exciting!
I'm happy to learn, you know!
I just want to learn real things.

That's MY opinion...you can have your's. And I think that should not make us enemies...I just do not understand this deep need to hate the guy who does not think the same way you do.
Really.
This thread is sad.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Then you said they were only imagined experiences that your mind invented. Or is it that you don't want to believe in anything remotely out of your comfort zone. The world has many mysteries, face the facts. The universe has even more.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

I think your opinion is ok, it's your opinion, I don't have any problems when people's opinions are reasonable, I do object to being called names and a liar just because I do believe and cannot immediately prove it, on the internet.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Where? I never said any such thing. I wouldn't be here defending myself from verbal attacks if you even admitted the possibility or extraterrestrial life forms.

That is the very point you were refuting and demanding evidence.

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
[Its not worth it, she won't listen.
I've asked her the same question numerous times and been ignored, I even shared my views, the fact that I believe in aliens and ufos but not convinced they're related, and still she says the same thing. That all the skeptics refuse to believe that extraterrestrial life is possible.
No. Ignorance prevails

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You don't know me or how I filter my beliefs or anything else about me. I said I believe, from that you presumed a load of nonsense then just because it isn't your belief, you chose bullying, name calling and verbal attacks. I am surprised you aren't banned already.

Do not bother replying, I will probably at least block you now. You are not worthy of my time, wisdom or life experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join