It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

You seem confused. You say you don't believe then you said you do, then said you did but don't now.

Perhaps you do not trust your own judgement. I do not trust your judgement either.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You're still

A) not responding to multiple requests for evidence, which you claim exists
B) misrepresenting what skeptics are saying - maybe you should re-read their posts
C) deliberately misrepresenting what "trolling" means

Oh and you're doing it with some nonsensical claim to morality.

Give me a break.

What part if lying is moral?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

You seem confused. You say you don't believe then you said you do, then said you did but don't now.

Perhaps you do not trust your own judgement. I do not trust your judgement either.

You should re-read his post.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Just to clarify anything that might have misled, believing in extraterrestrial isn't crazy.

If anything, refusal to believe in the possibility is crazy and absurd.

The OP wasn't challenging the refusal to believe in the possibility of the existence of extraterrestrials, but rather the refusal to believe in their existence.

Im calling out all the Non-believers and skeptics personally; to understand why they do not believe in Extraterrestrial and other unknown phenomena.

Polarizing language meant to imply two camps of thought - those that believe and those that have yet to justify their disbelief.

Belief is not required in the presence of undeniable proof, nor does it suffice in its absence.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Wongbeedman

I wrote on this thread, my opinion. I do not need to give you are anyone else proof. I didn't ask for your opinion. The way you addressed my posts, means your opinion is irrelevant to me, as is the opinion of any other irrational verbally attacking person.

Sometimes the ones who think they're open minded, are the most narrow of them all.
Not that it matters to me, but I'm comfortable with the fact that humans are stupid, whatever we think we know is probably wrong, so I'm more than likely wrong too.
You should think about that, and the fact that you claim to know what we do not.

I know I said others beliefs are opinions and therefore don't matter, but sometimes what the person is saying isn't about opinion, its about basic thought.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

And why do you find the way I address your posts offensive, surely my replies should inspire you even more to prove me wrong?
Not that there's anything to be proven, I'm just pointing out the difference between knowledge and belief, again.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Exactly! I need to RE READ my other posts because apparently you either have poor reading comprehension or you are doing in intentionally to mislead others who might want to understand my point of view. Not that I think I am the only one who makes sense here. I think most people who you call skeptics made a whole lot more sense than you will ever make for the rest of your life.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Again, this isn't a prove there are extraterrestrials thread. Which part of that do some people not understand?

Also,my opinion is mine. Therefore do not attack my posts because you think it is just the same as the OP, it isn't.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I think I'll answer the question from my prior stance, prior to 2008. I didn't rule out ufology. I loved sci fi movies. But it wasn't real life to me, didn't solve the problems in front of me, and if anything opening doors on the paranormal, can be too wide open. So didn't have a strong stance either way, seemed logical there were ETs and yet no reason to believe in anything being more than black op, our own secret space program. What made the difference is experience, and having memories flood back to things I had simply shelved and forgotten.

So when I see posts by skeptics I keep being reminded that I also didn't pursue ufology beliefs, found them interesting but it much more practical to simply call it all military. And because it seems some people are woken up while others are not, I reason that either disclosure won't happen all at once and isn't meant to, so earth is a testing ground of sorts, OR, its happening slowly. But I do think, without name calling, people have a right to believe what they choose, no one can be forced, in fact even experiencers don't like being conscious in an environment that leaves no doubt, no room for chalking the sighting up to something else, its having the leeway that gives us our sense of reality and what is familiar, a feeling of being able to keep our feet on the ground.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Just peeking at the thread a final time.. this is exactly how I feel inside and how I've perceived 'reality'. Its obvious to me humanity has it backwards and the direction of our species lies in the hands of few "world leaders"..

Before experiences.. I was the logical indivdual who had an answer for everything. I loved science and wanted to pursuit that direction. I thought everything could be explained by science and logic..
Sightings I had at younger ages I just knocked off as military, some man made craft... later I was confirmed by something higher then myself, what I was witnessing was not human in origin. Its also comes with a presence that is felt, so foreign or "alien".

Perception of reality for me instatnly changed; I always knew at a young age life existed outside of Earth, I have star gazed since I was a child with a deep longing in my heart.. an inner feeling of seperation from the stars..

As a child I also knew that humanity had everything backwards. I didnt understand the concept of banks and working for money.. so confusing growing up. Seeing all these minds brainwashed, will no control..

Then I started seeing the bigger picture, thats when I got into conspiracies.Learning about the banking system and how it all plays out.. It was obvious to me as a child it was easy to manipulate the human mind.
After some years I started to "see" things and have experiences.. which leads to present day

For the non believers, at least let this thread remind you, we dont understand everything there is about this 'reality'. Its obvious to me our minds are much more then memory banks.. our hearts and emotions are much more then a word - emotions. There is more potential within the human being, then we are currently operating on.

Humanity will soon realize how broad reality really is; certain events will take place, human orchastrated I believe.. peoples reality will change, perception of Life will change as well.

As for the extraterrestrials; Im sure they will come and go as they please -UNnoticed to the human mind - for quite some time. At least until humanity as a species evolves mentally, spiritually

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Again, this isn't a prove there are extraterrestrials thread. Which part of that do some people not understand?

Also,my opinion is mine. Therefore do not attack my posts because you think it is just the same as the OP, it isn't.

No, it's a baiting "skeptics, justify your disbelief" thread which is based on several false premises.

I made no attacks on your opinion(s).

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"people only believe in that they are taught from parents, school and media. Had they been taught that dinosaurs and DNA are such sci-fi fodder then they most likely wouldn't believe in those either.

Secondly, they have not seen anything that fits the standard sc-fi model of ''aliens'' and only believe that which they see or are told to believe. They do not comprehend that ''alien'' could be something other than such a sci-fi model, or having the ability to travel time or dimensions and assume human form in such a way that isn't immediately distinguishable from the average human. Or that earth and humans could be the product of ''aliens''.

Society has taught a limited view, a limited set of beliefs to it's populace, probably for the purpose of control, and has essentially dumbed down so many of humanities inherent faculties, such as intuition and telepathic communication, as well as natural healing, plant medicine, empathy, long term responsibility, connections to the natural environment, on earth and dimensionally, and the recognition of the effects of universal energies on humanity and earth's environment.

Essentially society has created a self centred, ego led humanity with little regard for the natural order of things. As such it is essentially doomed in it's current form. Castles made of sand. This is happening now with global economic and environmental collapse. Humanity should rethink it's leaders and know that somewhere along the line it was misled.

Aliens = Extraterrestrial

Extraterrestrial may refer to any object or being beyond (extra-) the planet Earth (terrestrial). It is derived from the Latin Root extra ("outside", "outwards") and terrestris ("earthly", "of or relating to the Earth"). It may also refer to:

There are more stars than grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth in this Galaxy.

There are probably more than 170 billion (1.7 × 1011) galaxies in the observable Universe.

Statistically, it is an inconceivable notion and virtually impossible, the existence of only one type of intelligent life, on only one planet, in only one solar system, in only one galaxy.

There is every probability that there is intelligent, and probably more intelligent life than humanity in this galaxy, as well as the rest of the universe.

science.howstuffworks.com...

These discoveries have served as an affirmation for those involved with the search for extraterrestrial intelligent life, or SETI. Harvard physicist and SETI leader Paul Horowitz boldly stated in a 1996 interview with TIME Magazine, "Intelligent life in the universe? Guaranteed. Intelligent life in our galaxy? So overwhelmingly likely that I'd give you almost any odds you'd like."

Additionally, if ever there was proof of a conspiracy, since joining ATS, over the years I have found more and more real information hidden from google and other search engines on the real statistics on such things and it being replaced with conjecture comments from scientists mocking the idea and constant mentions of the Fermi paradox.

I personally choose to seek the truth, and statistically the truth is, there are most probably extraterrestrials more advanced than humanity in this galaxy and in the universe. I also have my own experiences that prove this to me."

Then stop doing exactly that, didn't you read the thread?
You describe dinosaurs and DNA as "sci-fi fodder"
Think we've got ourselves a troll here guys

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Until we know exactly how life started on this planet in the first place or find ANY life form on this planet that did not come from a shared common ancestor then it is impossible to predict the likelihood of any life elsewhere in the universe no matter how many planets have exactly the right conditions. So there is no calculable probability concerning extra terrestrial life at the moment. Those are the hard facts and statistics.

there is no evidence for abiogenesis occurring more than once on the Earth—that is, all terrestrial life stems from a common origin. If abiogenesis were more common it would be speculated to have occurred more than once on the Earth. Scientists have searched for this by looking for bacteria that are unrelated to other life on Earth, but none have been found yet. It is also possible that life arose more than once, but that other branches were out-competed, or died in mass extinctions, or were lost in other ways. Biochemists Francis Crick and Leslie Orgel laid special emphasis on this uncertainty: "At the moment we have no means at all of knowing" whether we are "likely to be alone in the galaxy (Universe)" or whether "the galaxy may be pullulating with life of many different forms."

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

"people only believe in that they are taught from parents, school and media. Had they been taught that dinosaurs and DNA are such sci-fi fodder then they most likely wouldn't believe in those either.

Secondly, they have not seen anything that fits the standard sc-fi model of ''aliens'' and only believe that which they see or are told to believe. They do not comprehend that ''alien'' could be something other than such a sci-fi model, or having the ability to travel time or dimensions and assume human form in such a way that isn't immediately distinguishable from the average human. Or that earth and humans could be the product of ''aliens''.

Society has taught a limited view, a limited set of beliefs to it's populace, probably for the purpose of control, and has essentially dumbed down so many of humanities inherent faculties, such as intuition and telepathic communication, as well as natural healing, plant medicine, empathy, long term responsibility, connections to the natural environment, on earth and dimensionally, and the recognition of the effects of universal energies on humanity and earth's environment.

Essentially society has created a self centred, ego led humanity with little regard for the natural order of things. As such it is essentially doomed in it's current form. Castles made of sand. This is happening now with global economic and environmental collapse. Humanity should rethink it's leaders and know that somewhere along the line it was misled.

Aliens = Extraterrestrial

Extraterrestrial may refer to any object or being beyond (extra-) the planet Earth (terrestrial). It is derived from the Latin Root extra ("outside", "outwards") and terrestris ("earthly", "of or relating to the Earth"). It may also refer to:

There are more stars than grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth in this Galaxy.

There are probably more than 170 billion (1.7 × 1011) galaxies in the observable Universe.

Statistically, it is an inconceivable notion and virtually impossible, the existence of only one type of intelligent life, on only one planet, in only one solar system, in only one galaxy.

There is every probability that there is intelligent, and probably more intelligent life than humanity in this galaxy, as well as the rest of the universe.

science.howstuffworks.com...

These discoveries have served as an affirmation for those involved with the search for extraterrestrial intelligent life, or SETI. Harvard physicist and SETI leader Paul Horowitz boldly stated in a 1996 interview with TIME Magazine, "Intelligent life in the universe? Guaranteed. Intelligent life in our galaxy? So overwhelmingly likely that I'd give you almost any odds you'd like."

Additionally, if ever there was proof of a conspiracy, since joining ATS, over the years I have found more and more real information hidden from google and other search engines on the real statistics on such things and it being replaced with conjecture comments from scientists mocking the idea and constant mentions of the Fermi paradox.

I personally choose to seek the truth, and statistically the truth is, there are most probably extraterrestrials more advanced than humanity in this galaxy and in the universe. I also have my own experiences that prove this to me."

Then stop doing exactly that, didn't you read the thread?
You describe dinosaurs and DNA as "sci-fi fodder"
Think we've got ourselves a troll here guys

Outstanding

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think OP the issue is the belief system of many is governed or influenced/controlled by various sense effecting factors like fear of the unknown and doubt of higher powers overseeing/guiding the genetics of EA*RTH as well as other creator energy habitable zones. And these sense effecting energies tend to block an individuals receptiveness to first acknowledge other Creator creation energies other then mankind existing within this lil universe of energy and beyond and second preventing them from becoming more aware of other Creator creation energies that may even share this sphere EA*RTH (inside)
So OP 1 thinks with better religious/spiritual/scientific archeological data shared related to ancients and their off world encounters like (Enoch) for example many will begin to accept and become receptive to the EA*RTHs internal and external Creator creation cosmic/dimensional family members. But as long as the lies and deception games continue many will continue to be led away from truth. Nice thread OP snf keep the conscious light BRIGHT my friend
they will come around eventually. Yes come around eventually

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think OP the issue is the belief system of many is governed or influenced/controlled by various sense effecting factors like fear of the unknown and doubt of higher powers overseeing/guiding the genetics of EA*RTH as well as other creator energy habitable zones

Hahahahah! WTF DOES IT EVEN MEAN ??? I get it ... So because we are supposedly scared of finding out that extra terrestrials are vising our planet it must be the fear of the unknown which holds us back. If this isn't the epiphany of brilliant logic at hand, I don't know what else is! The whole world must laughing at you right now. One village idiot trying to sound wiser than the last one ... WOw...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

You are so full of assumptions
some of your points

# Before the past 50 years no one required evidence...(Realy? so everything was taken

on trust? Science must be realy unstable)

# Hu - mans (i notice you've dropped that
) share stories through means of vocals,thank

your memory bank for storing....(Well excuse me you've been saying exactly that in your

posts about you and your fellow believers
)

# You CANNOT believe in the existence of something till you see a pic. or video....(That

would go someway towards EVIDENCE or PROOF!
)

# But you 'so called' skeptics STILL don't believe because YOU didn't witness anything...

(i believe thats what called skepticism
not 'so called')

# You follow outside sources like NASA...(Well they ARE better qualified than a lay person)

# The public are too stupid to understand this...(Does that mean everyone else but YOU?:puz

# You ACT like skeptics...( Well as i understand it YOU called out the skeptics and non

believers so whats your point??)

# Because society teaches you NOT to believe....( Belief cannot be taught - it is a conviction

a persuasion relative to oneself)

And like all those who believe that they alone know all the answers - How egotistical are you!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

It's called an education, if you had one beyond 6th grade you would learn of why intelligent people believe what they do, and don't believe that fairies exist and volcanic eruptions are caused by angry gods. Conspiracy theorist have a pathology of the mind, not one is educated in any science whatsoever that they wax on about. It flows from not being educated, if you don't know much than you are prone to believing anything that interest you, like watching a movie, they get chemicals released that make them feel better by imagining these baseless ideas.

Conspiracy theorist are in the same ball park as religious zealots, they base their belief upon nothing but hope and fear, and pray that you don't point out the ridiculousness of their uneducated logic. Stay in school.
edit on 26/11/12 by DangerMcBacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only reason why anyone would call HUMANS - HU-MANS is because they are intentioanlly disrespect their own species hence our human race. These people are so arrogant that they will sell their own mother and father just to promote some stupid alien agenda. Aliens are better tham HU-MANS is what they are saying. I know this from personal experience. I know exactly who these deadbeats think.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join