It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
You do understand exactly what it is Im talking about.. its not about a personal belief; its about understanding out TRUE nature, to understand reality. Because reality is as broad as the individual likes it to be.
OK, how can we honestly know if our understanding of nature is the true one or not? How can you honestly say that you are right and all other people with a different understanding are wrong?

One word

Ignorance

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I do believe.

I think that those that don't, choose not to, consciously or subconsciously because of various factors.

You're simply wrong. Please go back and actually read the thread. There is a great difference between belief and knowledge. You are free to believe anything you want, but belief is a barrier to knowledge.

I do not need to read the entire thread at all. I replied to the OP. This is a valid opinion whether you like it or not. People choose whether or not to believe.

Do you not agree?

I disagree.
I you're confusing knowledge with belief.
I'm a believer, I believe because I know, I know because the evidence is there, that proves life is out there.
What cannot be proven is that UFOs are aliens, or that god created the world.
Anything like this, that cannot, even in the slightest be proven, people like you choose to believe. Belief spawned religion, but that is my opinion, not my belief because I don't claim to be right. Catch my drift?

Please go argue to yourself.

You just made too many assumptions on my post and beliefs to start commenting on them, as well as the ''people like you'' comment.

I said I believe, I didn't say any more about my beliefs or even mentioned religion so basically you presumed something about me then argued it. Way to troll a thread!

Perhaps you could try reading my post in it's entirety before making ridiculous presumptions...oh wait trolls don't do that.
edit on 26-11-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

You obviously don't know what a troll is

I've got a general idea on what your beliefs involve, I think we've come across each other before. The "people like you comment" wasn't meant to be insulting. You're being dramatic and assuming I'm trying to attack your beliefs. I'm not, believe what you want, that's what this threads about, people choose to believe things because belief is a personal thing.
I know aliens exist, I choose to believe that there is a UFO phenomena that may be linked to them. I want to believe, trust me I do, but enough evidence isn't there.
The brutal thing is, what people believe doesn't mean squat to anyone or anything because beliefs are views and viewed are personal.

"I said I believe, I didn't say any more about my beliefs or even mentioned religion so basically you presumed something about me then argued it."
There are tons of different religions/beliefs out there, I'm not comparing your beliefs to religious ones. People choose to believe certain religions, everyone decides to believe something, how are you any different?

And as for the "please go argue with yourself", that's quite funny, and you're the one calling me a troll?
This isn't an argument either, this is a discussion and you're getting wound up by me questioning your beliefs?
Not that it matters but im 19, you're in your 40s and you can't discuss a topic on a thread without getting offended because you hold your personal beliefs too tight?
edit on 26-11-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The nonsense from certain people on this thread is so ridiculous it doesn't warrant a direct reply. Suffice to say, believing in extraterrestrial life, of which there is every statistical probability, as well as many experiences and probably plenty of absolute proof (that governments choose to hide), doesn't make people egotistical, nor morally defunct, nor lacking critical faculties, nor lacking intelligence, nor being illogical in nature, nor any other ridiculous accusations being thrown around here.

Seriously, random insults really is scraping the barrel and reeks of desperation.

Are you really so desperate not to believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life that you resorted to verbal abuse and totally unsubstantiated insults?

So again, you refuse to provide any evidence for your beliefs, except repeated passing allusions to some ironclad statistical probability.

I am again, not claiming you were going to provide evidence, but again directly ask you to provide what you consider to be strong evidence or even proof.

If you believe something, simply because a lot of others claim it to be true, you're not basing your belief on evidence. Put another way, history is littered with very popular and wholly accepted belief which turned out to be completely bunk.

So again, I ask you, provide this rational and undebunkable evidence.

FTR: I do not think you have any such evidence, which is why you are ignoring my request. Prove me wrong.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
Exactly! Totally agree with you man. If you were to read one of my first posts to OP I said it right there that I thought if he/she is not crazy then they must very delusional. One or the other it's insane .... You can't win an argument with delusional people. Ever tried to argue with a drunk person?

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by stanislav

You can't.

In all seriousness, this is basically the post of someone with mental health issues.

I'm not saying that to win an "argument," but because it's so illogical, filled with insane misunderstandings about logic and history and sooo soo soo aggressive and arrogant...

It's, frankly, disturbing.

edit on 26-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

I gave that up ages ago

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You just basically ignored every single post that was addressed to you. You pick and choose to believe what you like. It doesn't work this way in real life. You either face reality and accept that the fact that there are no evidence to support your subjective experiences or you keep believing what you like until the cow come home. Just do me a favor, don't get angry and feel like a victim when other people are criticizing you or laughing at your expense. You are only making fool of yourself when you are trying to defend your unfounded position.

The nonsense from certain people on this thread is so ridiculous it doesn't warrant a direct reply. Suffice to say, believing in extraterrestrial life, of which there is every statistical probability, as well as many experiences and probably plenty of absolute proof (that governments choose to hide), doesn't make people egotistical, nor morally defunct, nor lacking critical faculties, nor lacking intelligence, nor being illogical in nature, nor any other ridiculous accusations being thrown around here.

Seriously, random insults really is scraping the barrel and reeks of desperation.

Are you really so desperate not to believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life that you resorted to verbal abuse and totally unsubstantiated insults?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
To those that don't believe in extraterrestrial life being a possibility, verbally attacking others and throwing random accusations and presumptions whilst wearing your blinkers really just makes your posts look like asinine rants from trolls. If you don't want to be accused of trolling then try to avoid trolling tactics.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hahahaha!
_javascript:icon('
')

I guess what you are really saying to us it this. "Stop questioning me so I won't call you trolls"

Nice cop out again.

No one is trolling you here. Like the other poster said, you don't even know the true definition of trolling. Every single person here addressed you with serious questions to which you had no answer other than accusing everyone else for being rude to you.

To those that don't believe in extraterrestrial life being a possibility, verbally attacking others and throwing random accusations and presumptions whilst wearing your blinkers really just makes your posts look like asinine rants from trolls. If you don't want to be accused of trolling then try to avoid trolling tactics.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ignorance once again..

I said technologically; also 200,000 has not even been proved. But human footprints have been found alongside dinoprints in layers of rock.. whic is suggesting much older then 200, 000.

But again my perception is based on feeling and logic. Your perception is based on ignorance and what someone else told you (mainstream science).

Were they real human footprints or what has been perceived to be human footprints?

Did you discover these footprints you speak of or is you perception based on ignorance and what someone else told you(fringe conspiracy sites with a new age ribbon wrapped around it)
edit on 26-11-2012 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Still refuse to provide any evidence?

And you're making up strawmen arguments...?

Where has ANYONE on this thread said that they, "don't believe in extraterrestrial life being a possibility"?

I think it's possible, but I KNOW you don't have any evidence of it.

And you refuse, apparently, to provide us with this statistical evidence you hold in such high regard, so we can check it out...

As for you definition of trolling; trolling is:

In Internet slang, a troll ( /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)

I haven't seen any of that in this thread, though I have seen the OP repeatedly insult people.
edit on 26-11-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

No one has said that.
Its stupid to believe there's no other life out there.
Like I said numerous times, I want to believe that aliens are here, flying round in their advanced craft, sexually satisfying people while they sleep, but it cannot be proven.
THIS IS WHY THIS SITE WAS MADE

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

In fact I repeatedly told her that I have had FIRST PERSON experiences such as classic alien abduction and yet she WILLINGLY chose to ignore it and kept saying how we do not believe in aliens because we have been brainwashed by society and such ...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

I like what you saaid here Wong - "You're being dramatic and assuming I'm trying to attack your beliefs. I'm not, believe what you want, that's what this threads about, people choose to believe things because belief is a personal thing. "

This is the reason I made this thread; PERSONALLY Im interested in why people disbelieve; not according to evidence, according to personal feeling and thoughts on the VERY matter of ET existence.

These posters in this thread have taken things the wrong way; in which I reply with my personal opinion as to why they derail and go off topic..they're perception of reality is based on what they haave experienced within this BOXed soceity; clearly they do not have a personal perception on what reality means to them let alone other living intelligences in the universes.

Maybe this topic is too personal for people to embrace, let alone share on public forums. To me this is a reality in which Im comfortable with - ETs and other paralell realities. So I do not need to deny, when science finds evidence of their existence it will be more confirming to my heart, by as life stands to me, they exist and that is just as realistic as a black man ruling 300,000,000 people on Earth

Life is what you want to make of it; who you follow, where you go in life is up to you personally. This is the direction of experiences you take in your life's course.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Pauligirl
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Thing is, not too many people on here deny the possible existence of aliens–out there. It’s a large universe. NASA would love to find proof of extra-terrestrial life. They wouldn’t have to worry about funding anymore. But to take it as a fact because of something you believe, no, I don’t think so.

What causes one to believe in something? To me; its an experience that is undeniable. Dont take my word for it, take it from the guys who are taking your money :O

"its an experience that is undeniable"
And the problem is, it's YOUR experience, not mine.
The internet is anonymous. For all I know, you could be some batspit crazy person, prone to hallucinations. Without something to back it up, all you have here is your opinion.
I'm not sure what you meant about "take it from the guys who are taking your money." If you meant NASA, well, I don't have a problem with them. Pretty smart bunch of folks.

Two things robot lady;

1, Im probably much more sane then you are. Its your perception of who is crazy and who is not.. calling someone crazy doesnt make you look anymore intelligent.

2, Its good you dont have a problem with it. Thats why you slave, and your slaving pays for their 8 digit salary.

No ADVANCED beings would slave routinely for a system that is corrupt and not out to benefit its people. Only a slave race with no idea what reality is, would waste their lifetime repeating the same mistakes over and over...

And yet you keep posting

No one called anyone crazy, however the way you replied either shows you have trouble reading or you see the words and create your own sentences, you see crazy and think the poster was calling you crazy,

That when voiced in a public place is what is delusional,

To speak about advanced beings and why they wont come and introduce themselves is not because of our war like attitude or not knowing the potential of our minds but because they would probably not want someone like you telling them how it is so they stay away.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

edit on 26-11-2012 by InhaleExhale because: double post

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Exactly, and as for me, I've got a guilty conscience, I don't like the feeling that I might be wrong. Which is why I feel Its important to doubt just about everything, however, you still have to doubt from both sides!
I think its best to be a skeptic, but be equally skeptical of the skeptics!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
If it was not known to you,how can you believe in it?

Someone gave you the info to believe in.
Do you trust that source or person?

Critical thinking is your friend in the quest for knowledge.

If it is not known, how can you say it does not exist? Hence the entire point of the thread..

This is coming from concern and not as ridicule or an attempt to insult.

Where in what you quoted did the poster say it does not exist?

Or is this another case of you seeing what you want to see

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
You just basically ignored every single post that was addressed to you. You pick and choose to believe what you like. It doesn't work this way in real life. You either face reality and accept that the fact that there are no evidence to support your subjective experiences or you keep believing what you like until the cow come home. Just do me a favor, don't get angry and feel like a victim when other people are criticizing you or laughing at your expense. You are only making fool of yourself when you are trying to defend your unfounded position.

Again your one of those who arrogantly speaks like they KNOW reality and KNOW what is true or not.. you follow SCIENCE, in its INFANCY. So your MIND, is in its INFANCY.

Connect the dots intelligent human, otherwise stop posting and insulting your own intellect.

In society, your as smart as the next guy

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

The mind shows you what your ready to see.

The point of the thread (again) is for those who do not believe in the existence of aliens, spaceships and other "fantasy" subjects..

Dont know where your going with this :S

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by kdog1982
If it was not known to you,how can you believe in it?

Someone gave you the info to believe in.
Do you trust that source or person?

Critical thinking is your friend in the quest for knowledge.

If it is not known, how can you say it does not exist? Hence the entire point of the thread..

No.

You don't believe in something due to lack of evidence. That's a real failure of critical thinking.

Follow the evidence.

You don't believe in something due to lack of evidence.

followed by

Follow the evidence.

Please explain as I think you might be trying to communicate with some 5th density beings who might understand your contradictions but your not you are communicating with mere hu-mans
who will see your contradicting remarks and say wait you don't make any sense or are just here to troll or to give yourself a pat on the back. which is it?

If none whats the purpose of your being?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Exactly, and as for me, I've got a guilty conscience, I don't like the feeling that I might be wrong. Which is why I feel Its important to doubt just about everything, however, you still have to doubt from both sides!
I think its best to be a skeptic, but be equally skeptical of the skeptics!

I am skeptical in nature about things; logic does dicepher bull#.. its what Ive experienced and MILLIONS of others.. that makes me a believer. That, and the knowing in my heart. If Im uncertain about something, I will be skeptical by nature, I will use logic to figure out the situation; but I'm always guided by intuition.

Which is more then a "gut" feeling.. that "gut" isnt your stomach pullling your awareness... its your spirit pulling your consciousness towards that which is right for oyu individually.

Life is more deep then physical matter.. THIS is what science does NOT understand. An atom at its core is made of what? We know little photons operate in this space, which are made of light particles. Doesnt sound so physical and dense to me.. how does our consciousness affect this light matter?

Humans do NOT understand reality yet! So you as a human, do not understand higher life forms yet as you are a lower life form in the cosmic scale of things. Until you havae control over your minds and WILL within the human body, then you will evolve and advance as a civilization.

No evidence needed

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join