It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well said! I think she is indeed, if not crazy is most likely DELUSIONAL. I am sure you will agree, there are a lot of delusional people on conspiracy forums. Ever wonder why? Why paranormal subjects always attract mentally unstable individuals? Con artists? Scam artists? Must I continue? One of the easiest explanations, because in order to talk about the paranormal subjects we are not require to provide any proof. Imagine if a scientist was to claim he found higgs boson partial in his laboratory. Would it be fair to ask him him to present public or scientific community for evidence such as scientific data . Sure it will be. Be here comes so crazy lady to this forum and claims she has nightly contact with extra terrestrial beings or Jesus or God or Demons or Devils and then gets UPSET and calls everyone sheep and blind because we apparently do not believe her.

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by LoveisanArt

Originally posted by Pauligirl
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Thing is, not too many people on here deny the possible existence of aliens–out there. It’s a large universe. NASA would love to find proof of extra-terrestrial life. They wouldn’t have to worry about funding anymore. But to take it as a fact because of something you believe, no, I don’t think so.

What causes one to believe in something? To me; its an experience that is undeniable. Dont take my word for it, take it from the guys who are taking your money :O

"its an experience that is undeniable"
And the problem is, it's YOUR experience, not mine.
The internet is anonymous. For all I know, you could be some batspit crazy person, prone to hallucinations. Without something to back it up, all you have here is your opinion.
I'm not sure what you meant about "take it from the guys who are taking your money." If you meant NASA, well, I don't have a problem with them. Pretty smart bunch of folks.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And besides I am just SICK AND TIRED of the idea of aliens. SO FREAKING WHAT? So they exist somewhere. What then? How are they going to change my life? Are they going to give me pay check every 2 weeks for believing in them? Are they going to teach me spirituality and make me another religious follower? Are they going to provide me with technology no one else seen before? SO FREAKING WHAT? Howe is any of the paranormal BULL is going to change my life, your life? It's not going to change your life, it;s not going to make you happy. I think the basic purpose of life is living it. What is going to happen tomorrow no body can predict. And those who claim they do ALWAYS FAIL. People want to believe in something because they are scared to face reality. They are scared to admit that they are just human, insignificant really if you think about how large this universe must be. All these conspiracy theorist who claim they care about humanity and how 9II was an inside job are outcasts and losers. What have they really done since 911 to make this world a better place except screaming bakers stole my money. What a bunch or hypocrites and idiots TO SAY THE LEAST!
edit on 25-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I believe in extraterrestrial life, I simply don't believe that it's been to Earth. Mathematically speaking, it's all but impossible for other intelligent life to not exist out there. The question is, how far "out there" are they? So I know that much for certain.

Now is it possible that we have been visited and it's being kept from us? Absolutely. But it comes down to seeing is believing. And until I see that spaceship land, I know their out there, I just don't know where. See where I'm coming from?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

I believe in extraterrestrial life, I simply don't believe that it's been to Earth. Mathematically speaking, it's all but impossible for other intelligent life to not exist out there. The question is, how far "out there" are they? So I know that much for certain.

Now is it possible that we have been visited and it's being kept from us? Absolutely. But it comes down to seeing is believing. And until I see that spaceship land, I know their out there, I just don't know where. See where I'm coming from?

This is honest and non bias. I know what you mean, its those who claim ETs do not exist Im concerned about.

If humanity was seeded on this planet by higher life forms; and we do not believe in the existence of extraterrestrial or higher life forms.. what does that say about who we are as humans?

Of course this would be speculation as I do not know for sure a higher race has genetically seeded mankind on Earth.. its highly plausible; but what I do know for sure - evolution might explain the biological vehicle we call "human", but it does not explain the consciousness that body had before seperating.

Makes me think that this human body was engineered to house the consciousness, birth/incarnation is the event of unity between the physical fetus and the spiritual consciousness.
When the our bodies fail, our minds, memories, emotions, thoughts continue. The human decays into the Earth.

It comes down to this; humanity needs to come in terms with itself, that the universe does not revolve around them. Nor does Earth rotate for the human breath. The universe is much older then Sun, Earth, humanity, and the milky way. Doesnt cross me a second to believe intelligent-biological life did not exist before mankind.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
And besides I am just SICK AND TIRED of the idea of aliens. SO FREAKING WHAT? So they exist somewhere. What then? How are they going to change my life? Are they going to give me pay check every 2 weeks for believing in them? Are they going to teach me spirituality and make me another religious follower? Are they going to provide me with technology no one else seen before? SO FREAKING WHAT? Howe is any of the paranormal BULL is going to change my life, your life? It's not going to change your life, it;s not going to make you happy. I think the basic purpose of life is living it. What is going to happen tomorrow no body can predict. And those who claim they do ALWAYS FAIL. People want to believe in something because they are scared to face reality. They are scared to admit that they are just human, insignificant really if you think about how large this universe must be. All these conspiracy theorist who claim they care about humanity and how 9II was an inside job are outcasts and losers. What have they really done since 911 to make this world a better place except screaming bakers stole my money. What a bunch or hypocrites and idiots TO SAY THE LEAST!

Not even going to read all that.. all I saw was "911" and SO FREAKING... enough for me

Enjoy the rest of your evening

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Absolutely. For how long did we think we were the center of the solar system? That the sun revolved around us? And we still continue to think that we are this special people with a special purpose. We even write stories of how we're so special that God himself needs to come down to save us. At which point do we replace "God" with "alien"?

I've always had 2 theories on Earth. One being that we reached this technological point prior to this time (be it on Earth or on Mars) and we somehow managed to destroy ourselves and rebuild civilization. And the second being that we were not the first intelligent species on this planet given that large reptiles have had such a head start on us and somehow managed to survive and evolve... possibly underground. The 2nd theory ties in nice with David Icke and his lunacy.

Either way, it's fun to speculate and think outside the box, but people need to see evidence. Maybe it's that we are so insignificant that these aliens just drive by without even thinking about us. I think Michio Kaku said it best when he refereed to us as an ant hill on the side of a 4 lane highway. We don't stop to give the ants trinkets and technology.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If it was not known to you,how can you believe in it?

Someone gave you the info to believe in.
Do you trust that source or person?

Critical thinking is your friend in the quest for knowledge.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You are absolutely ignorant just like I thought. On one hand you want to hear what skeptics and debunkers have to say, on the other when they say it and you don't like it, you then decide to change the game rules. On one hand you call the non believers sheep and ignorant but then you go ahead, turn around and do the same exact thing you are blaming everyone else to be.

Not even going to read all that.. all I saw was "911" and SO FREAKING... enough for me

Enjoy the rest of your evening

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
UFOs Masters Of Electricity

ufomedia.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Like I said in my previous post. You are not concerned for anyone but yourself. You are looking for validation. People who do not believe in extraterrestrials or people who do not have the same outlook on reality as you do considered by you as ignorant sheep. You should have stated this at the beginning of your first post. You see logic, science, basically anything that makes sense to normal people as your enemy. What most people perceive as reality is your enemy so instead of facing it you are here to try and convert the non believers. Sound familiar to anyone? Yes it has a cult print all over it, it's new age region.

No one has ever been born and said to themselves from now on I believe in God or I believe in extra terrestrials. Your faith is nothing more than the outcome of you being on the internet, reading someone else's post with similar experiences similar to yours, which only reinforce your faith.

And it doesn't mean literally anything if humanity was seeded by another extra terrestrial race. You do not own your creation. Does your father and mother own you. Sure, they taker care of you until you are adult but even when you are under their supervision they still do not own you and especially cannot force you to believe in them. Anyways point is even if humanity was created by another race we do not owe them anything. So far from our own historical records we have achieved all of our technological advancements by ourselves. Thanks to people who use logic you can can go ahead an spread your nonsense all over the web.

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

This is honest and non bias. I know what you mean, its those who claim ETs do not exist Im concerned about.

If humanity was seeded on this planet by higher life forms; and we do not believe in the existence of extraterrestrial or higher life forms.. what does that say about who we are as humans?

Of course this would be speculation as I do not know for sure a higher race has genetically seeded mankind on Earth.. its highly plausible; but what I do know for sure - evolution might explain the biological vehicle we call "human", but it does not explain the consciousness that body had before seperating.

Makes me think that this human body was engineered to house the consciousness, birth/incarnation is the event of unity between the physical fetus and the spiritual consciousness.
When the our bodies fail, our minds, memories, emotions, thoughts continue. The human decays into the Earth.

It comes down to this; humanity needs to come in terms with itself, that the universe does not revolve around them. Nor does Earth rotate for the human breath. The universe is much older then Sun, Earth, humanity, and the milky way. Doesnt cross me a second to believe intelligent-biological life did not exist before mankind.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Proof, or lack there of. I believe in the possibility of something else be it starships, extraterrestrial life, energy, mind power, and multiple dimensions of reality? It has nothing to do with fear of anything and I certainly can not know without a fact that these things either do or do not exist, I simply do not know. If I just bought everything that someone said was 'proof' that something existed then I would be an idiot, a gullible idiot. It is within our nature to make certain a thing 'is' and not just take someones word on it. It is good to be skeptical, lest one become a person who is easily led into believing anything.

I think most people leave open the possibility of these things 'maybe' being true, but as of yet there really isn't any sort of irrefutable proof that would convince me as much. I get so sick and tired of videos claiming 'absolute proof' and then it just being a blurry little light in the sky or a dark figure in the woods. How the heck is something like that proof I ask you? Gullible much? I think often times too that people want to believe something so much so that they create it in their minds and then get upset when others do not see things in the same way or believe the same things they believe.

I, like many, leave the door open to all possibilities. But I am educated and careful enough to not just believe every little thing that comes around the corner yelling 'look at me, I'm proof of xyz', kwim?

edit on 26-11-2012 by MaMaa because: I had to correct my punctuation, clearly I must have missed my English class through school. LOL

edit on 26-11-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Fantastic post. I am with you!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think YouTube and the internet in general opened endless possibilities for people who otherwise would never get a chance to be taken seriously in real life. The fact that you can upload any video on YouTube and then claim it was an alien craft even thought it is obvious to most it is not, is a common on the internet. I would say without any hesitation that 99.9% of all videos in which they claim to be that of real ufos are either hoaxes or misidentification. I only leave 0.1% simply because there is always a chance regardless of how slim it might be.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I think YouTube and the internet in general opened endless possibilities for people who otherwise would never get a chance to be taken seriously in real life. The fact that you can upload any video on YouTube and then claim it was an alien craft even thought it is obvious to most it is not, is a common on the internet. I would say without any hesitation that 99.9% of all videos in which they claim to be that of real ufos are either hoaxes or misidentification. I only leave 0.1% simply because there is always a chance regardless of how slim it might be.

I agree and it also gives them forum to be aghast at all the non believers who dare not believe their irrefutable proof! LOL Being a mom I find that I even have to stop my boys (I have four) when they just jump to conclusions or don't think something through. I am often heard saying "ok,wait a minute, slow down and think it through for just a minute" Always trying to teach critical thought since they don't teach it in the schools anymore. I figure if I can teach this then they won't be as likely to be one of those people who believe anything without giving it any serious thought.

It would be ignorant to be close minded and not accept that something could be true, but then again it would be even more ignorant to believe the 99.9% of the crap out there and take it as fact. That is why we have brains, to think it through.. or so I tell my kids. LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by MaMaa

Fantastic post. I am with you!

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I think most people leave open the possibility of these things 'maybe' being true...

Most skeptics (that I know of) agree that the ETH is a possibility, albeit an ever so slight one. I'm not sure why this seems to always get misinterpreted as a 'complete denial' as some would put it.

It all comes down to evidence and the threshold people have for accepting said evidence. Personally I find the evidence for alien visitation sorely lacking with logical fallacies, misinterpretations and ignorance aplenty. There are those that will believe in alien visitation with nothing more than a story being told by someone they think they can trust. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself. However if one tries to pass that story off as some form of evidence then they will no doubt be questioned (and rightly so in my opinion) by those that have a higher standard of evidence.

I have a fairly high standard of evidence for the ETH, it needs to be something tangible. Part of a ship or alien DNA or some such that can be individually verified by the scientific community. I'm not that way simply to annoy believers, my reasons are more significant than that. I need undeniable proof because the visitation of an alien species is such a monumental and game changing event for humanity that anything less just won't do. It is something I need to know, not just believe.

There really is no right or wrong path to the truth (truth being a personal perception of reality, and subjective as a result) though some of us would have our 'truths' be a little more ironclad.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Not only that your previous post was fantastic but you are also a great mom. God bless you even if "he" doesn't exist LOL! I speak from personal experience. Unfortunately I am one of those victims who was able to delude himself into believing all kind of crazy stuff for over 10 years. So I know exactly what these type of people are going through because I went through similar process and it took real courage to get out of my self inflicted delusions. It's really scary. And this is why I am so glad that you are teaching your kids to be always skeptical and be rational. Always question everything because you wouldn't believe how many people are going to lie with a straight face about piratically anything, especially about things that require no proof.

I agree and it also gives them forum to be aghast at all the non believers who dare not believe their irrefutable proof! LOL Being a mom I find that I even have to stop my boys (I have four) when they just jump to conclusions or don't think something through. I am often heard saying "ok,wait a minute, slow down and think it through for just a minute" Always trying to teach critical thought since they don't teach it in the schools anymore. I figure if I can teach this then they won't be as likely to be one of those people who believe anything without giving it any serious thought.

It would be ignorant to be close minded and not accept that something could be true, but then again it would be even more ignorant to believe the 99.9% of the crap out there and take it as fact. That is why we have brains, to think it through.. or so I tell my kids. LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I have 2 kids myself and I'm always trying to impart critical thinking skills to them. It is an undeniably valuable life tool that will help them in more ways than just debating UFO's or Bigfoot in a public forum. Education is important however the application of said education with things like critical thought, comprehension and analytical processes is possibly even more so.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There really is no right or wrong path to the truth (truth being a personal perception of reality, and subjective as a result) though some of us would have our 'truths' be a little more ironclad.

I would have to disagree on that one though. If you are talking about personal truth then yeah sure I totally agree. Personal truth is open to interpolation. It's subjective. However truth or fact always stays constant. It's been proven by science of today that we are made of atoms. Now I wouldn't toss this truth in the same pool as those who claim they have been abducted by aliens. I was too supposedly abducted but there are no evidence of anything other than subjective interpretation of something that happened to me. No eye witness, no physical evidence etc ...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

Totally agree with you. Just wonderful! Brings happiness to my heart to know critical thinking and such is being taught from an early age. I think this is what i have been missing in my life. since I was a kid I was never taught critical thinking or anything for that matter. I am not going to blame my mother but I wish it was different for me. I realize now how important it is to have parents who are able to give you attention from when you are young. It is so important because who you are and what values you are being given as a kid will make you who you are when you are adult.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join