It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ignorance once again..

I said technologically; also 200,000 has not even been proved. But human footprints have been found alongside dinoprints in layers of rock.. whic is suggesting much older then 200, 000.

But again my perception is based on feeling and logic. Your perception is based on ignorance and what someone else told you (mainstream science).

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
People who need physical proof will never understand. 95% of the population are bred like ants. To work for the "queen" and never question order. They don't question or think critically so they disbelieve everything that is unexplainable. They will never understand so it is pointless to ask this.

Maybe if the president said to the public aliens where real people would believe, but thats only because most people cant think for themselves. They need outside influence to live.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
We all know how satellites work, we are not the idiots. We dont have to explain it to ourselves, we know how to sight things out, Ive been gazing since I was a child..

Some people do not even know how the phases of the Moon work, something that is known for thousands of years and can be seen by anyone.

The problem is knowing about something doesn't mean that we know how to deal with it.

Interpretation is not the same thing as knowledge.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Like I said in another thread, these stories are more interesting than Star Wars, Star Gate or any over-commercialized sci fi, but it's just a story...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ignorance once again..

I said technologically; also 200,000 has not even been proved. But human footprints have been found alongside dinoprints in layers of rock.. whic is suggesting much older then 200, 000.

But again my perception is based on feeling and logic. Your perception is based on ignorance and what someone else told you (mainstream science).

Try reality for a change. You have been proving your own ignorance about the world we live in post after post in this thread. Science and the application of science has been around for thousands of years. You obviously dont understand what technology means either. You seem to be very confused person. Try embracing reality , it will allow you grow. At the moment your closed minded belief in your own fantasy world is holding you back from any real understanding of whats going on around you and to the facts of life.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I do believe that life on other planets exists, with all the planets out there in the universe, its just plain ignorance to think otherwise.

BUT..! We are to believe that with all of our technology, camera systems, radar, telescopes, whatever that we cant get a CLEAR picture of a craft within our air space? C'mon... I mean the government can read the inscription on dime from space, They can find anyone, anywhere on the planet at any time. I find it very, and I mean very hard to believe that the crafts that alledgedly come here cannot have their pictures taken in a clear manner.

The pictures we get always seem to be just out of focus, or grainy, or the camera cannot be held still, always.. Until people learn how to hold the camera steady and show us anything beyond just a glowing orb, I remain skeptical. I really do want to believe, but until im shown otherwise, they are all hoaxes.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

There is undeniable evidence of their existence, this is not even an argument anymore. Like I said this all comes down to honesty with yourself..
If it was really undeniable we wouldn't have discussions like this.

That video is used mostly by people when they mean "you should accept what I say as the truth".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

But human footprints have been found alongside dino prints in layers of rock.. whic is suggesting much older then 200, 000.

You will of course have some proof of that

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I don’t believe in extraterrestrial (life from other planets) because they’re always sinisterly sneaking around and up to no good which makes the assumption that all extraterrestrials exhibit the same behaviour. I believe they are from the confines of earth… whether spirit or flesh I do not know but all sinister activity originates from this domain… and always has

Posted by 70.68.118.240 via google.com..., created by AlgART: algart.net...
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This has already been said but there are plenty of threads on here from people claiming to have seen something and either taken a picture or video I have been posting on one thread were a member posted videos taken by a friend of his, the friend said his night vision video was of a object filmed near Jupiter or Venu's hes wasn't sure, but he did give some info on the equipment used.

Myself and another member thought it was the Moon in the video, guess what the night it was filmed it was a full moon the data of the internet re the night vision camera used also confirmed due to the size on screen it could not be Jupiter or Venus.

That's whats good about technology now take a picture we get exif data, ask for info on a camera from a poster we can quickly check the spec on the net, all of this plus details of location time direction can help to confirm what the object may have been.

Now that just a small example of someone wanting something to be true so much they don't see what's really there, due to the size of the universe will there be other life of course does it visit here I don't think so!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by MajorKarma

As long as you believe in yourself and your own experience after personal analyzing the situtation.. that is all that matters. People are forgetting that, humans dont NEED some authority to tell us what is right or wrong. Hundreds of thousands of years ago man saw things in the skies, saw beings, and they drew them on cave walls.
But we have always translated our experiences into vocal langauge. This information is stored as language. Modern humans think in words. Words are foreign to the mind, but after a lifetime of subconsciously conditioning the mind with your 'native' language, the indivudals perception changes. You know longer have use for your mental capabilities, you live in a society where perception is based on 2 things; obvservation of the 5 sense or what anyone else tells you.

This paralell part to the human-mind system is what is missing in most people today. The ability to use their minds in multple ways. To think and perceive in more complex ways then language or words and the ideas that come with them.

So if we see a ship in the sky, our conditioned minds immedately start to analyze the situation with everything our subconscious knows; bird, plane, swamp gas, superman... Our subconscious mind doesnt realize that this particular thing is alien or foreign to it, by the time its gone the mind has already narrowed it down to what it maybe.

Okay, we are pretty much on the same page. It should be added that I also know first hand that many of the UFOs seen are of earth human origin, revere engineered and otherwise. In fact, unless you know first hand whose ships are whose, the safe bet is they are of human origin. The story I responded with tells that there are a number of human and not human, earth origin and non-earth origin species zipping around our planet.

As for the disbelievers, f 'em, vultures gotta eat same as worms... and no body is going to miss their ignorant as-ses; this is of course assuming and in my case hoping that our planet and Sun are in fact going to do some house cleaning and reshuffling of the deck soon, if not, I guess the old primitive solution will inevitably be called for, i.e. Wars but that is not going to be as clean a reset, especially since nuclear weapons will not be allowed to be used ever again.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Two words:

Empirical Evidence

Show us some Empirical data that any of this stuff is true, and we'll happily line up.

With extra worldly subjects you cannot have evidence... that's why it is extra worldly.

It's completely rational not to believe. I personally believe if you commit to belief you are better off as a person. More open and more well-rounded.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Who would WANT to believe that something is kidnapping you in the night and basically raping and molesting you for science purposes ?

And of course, there's that whole "proof and evidence' thing that just you know.....

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129

Originally posted by Druscilla

Two words:

Empirical Evidence

Show us some Empirical data that any of this stuff is true, and we'll happily line up.

With extra worldly subjects you cannot have evidence... that's why it is extra worldly.

It's completely rational not to believe. I personally believe if you commit to belief you are better off as a person. More open and more well-rounded.

Really?
Mars is "extra-worldy".
So is the moon.
As is every other body in our solar system we've landed probes on, and/or studied closely.
We've lots of empirical evidence from poking at them with our scientific sticks.
No aliens, but, we'd certainly love to meet some.

I suspect your "extra-worldly" is one of those invisible-things-and-stuff-that-are-invisible-things-and-stuff.
Right.
You can keep all that in your invisible hat while riding your ...

Invisible aliens can stay home for all many of us care.
We're interested in talking to some 'people' that actually exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interesting thread although I've seen it's like many times before. It's the usual 'why must you evil skeptics rain on our parade' whine that is usually trotted out occasionally by the ETH proponent crowd. It is usually accompanied by a strawman rendition of what a skeptic actually is along with an overblown summation of the skeptical argument. It's good (or not) to see some things never change.

I'll tell you the simplest definition of a skeptic.

We don't want to believe, we want to know.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The OP stared this thread posing some questions and to most it was an obvious troll move. I am not sure about others but I was bored and answered his strange attempt at trolling.

I stated earlier I do not think everyone who claims ET encounters are crazy but after reading several of the Ops replies I am confident he deserves a vacation. He has ignored proven facts a couple times and caries on like a used car salesman trying to convince others and maybe even himself. (the old trust me motto) His big proof is his dream world. It is fairly obvious he feels the need for attention and is looking for peer confirmation. I am not sure what the complex is called but ETs make him feel safe the way guardian angels make other feel safe after all he did say the ETs are here to keep us from blowing ourselves up with shiny bombs. He believes in ET partially out of fear the same way some people believe in god as insurance of the unknown.

BTW you have been told we use more than 10% of our brain. At least I do and most of the other people here do. Hmmm have you ever considered that you may be an alien? They could have dropped you off here as a kid knowing you would never fit in with them. (I joke I jest)

Seriously after reading through your posts it is very obvious you need professional help because this world you have built with your imagination has got to be interfering with you leading a normal life. Unless you are really well at hiding it I can’t imagine that there will be many women willing to start a relationship with a person like yourself that doesn’t have a firm grasp on reality. Whatever attention you are getting right now from this is not the healthy kind and the only way I can see a woman being able to except you this way would mean she is either a saint of understanding, she could be using you as a case study, or either she is more screwed up than you.

I know it will be a hard thing to do but once you make the first step and start getting some help you will have a chance at a real life. I am sure it will be tough as I understand people with your condition this whole lifestyle and delusion you live in is like an addiction. You are way past this being a hobby. No addiction is good for you I promise you that.

My advice is take a few days off go camping or something leave behind technology except maybe a radio for music do a little fishing cook on an open fire and when you get back check yourself into a mental clinic and tell them everything. It may not be as bad as you think. Just remember it in your best interest and they will help.

I know you are convinced you are right and your version of reality is the only truth but just consider this. What will it matter then if you seek professional help? If there is nothing wrong with you then they will give you a clean bill of health which you can then use to further your agenda. And if they are real they aren’t going to leave without you. You are important to them right. But do yourself a favor and be just a little skeptical and allow yourself to be human which means you allow yourself to have made a mistake. By doing this you it will be a win win situation. If everything you say is true you will get your proof and probably gain some followers and admiration of the science community however if you find that you have been misled then you can get back on track to a normal life. Like I said it’s a win win situation for you there is no reason you shouldn’t give it a shot.

Once you get back I would love to hear about your experiences.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If you do not practise meditation or any type of mind exercises.. then your mind capabiliy and potential is shut down or "asleep" as we spiritual call it. You wont understand or experience because you dont want to go inside of yourself.

This is WHY you dont believe.

So since im a believer who doesn't do meditation... im not a 'true' believer? Hey I saw an L shape formation of 4 'satellite' like lights, drift across the sky 4 or so years ago and to date ive not found an explanation for them within the field of satallites or aircraft, but im not going to say I saw a real group of UFO's because I cant prove I did.

This is what you non believers, who are really just everyday people with an opinion, dont understand.

So your not an everyday person with just another opinion on a subject (and opinion is purely constructed on experience so one persons is as valid as another), your special I take it?... See its these particular statements that are worrisome, anything that pops up that might alter or be a threat to your understanding can be waved away with a simple"well im right since im better than them, ive got the true picture".

A dangerous and ultimately self destructive frame of mind.

DO you have empirical evidence of the potential of your mind?

I dont think you do.

Someones probably already replied to this, but lets turn your statement back at you, Do you of yours?... its funny when people use something that isnt directly quantifiable to place themselves above others 'I know im better than you so I am'.

Originally posted by kingster129

Thing is, often those who commit to a belief end up placing that belief at the center of their existence becoming the complete opposite of more open and well rounded ie 'Fundamentals' they having committed to a belief have to ensure that belief cannot be countered.

You can have a belief but still not 'commit' to it, that might be considered fence straddling, but its a far more open attitude than going the whole hog.
edit on 25-11-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
This sort of case is rare, as entities are non-physical (and rarely manifest in a physical way.) There have been many cases, such as investigated by Ed and Lorraine Warren and others, where victims have been physically harmed by such beings. Also, many pictures, videos and audio recordings have been taken over the years by many researchers (and victims.) This is all that any researcher could possibly do. What else would you expect? This is the point to the OP; it seems that you have to see it for yourself in order to believe. All the evidence that is humanly possible to gather, and no matter how many witnesses see the same exact thing, no matter how credible they are, it is never enough to satisfy you.
Yes, in many unexplained cases there's physical evidence, I don't have a problem with that and I don't think any sceptic would. My problem is with accepting one theory without analysing and comparing it with other theories, and even worse when people, once that theory is accepted, all other theories are considered wrong because there's already a supposed explanation.

Is this truly a fair and honest approach to the truth? Asking for physical evidence of transparent, non-corporeal life forms is like asking for physical evidence of Pluto. All we have to go on are pictures and the word of those who have witnessed it through a telescope. How is this any different than pictures of ghosts, UFO's and other phenomena and the testimony of those who have witnessed these things?
As usual, I can only speak for myself, my problem is not with the things or events, I am more sceptical about the explanations than about the things or events themselves.

Honestly, is this about honesty, or is it about comfortable answers? I don't mean to sound negative here, but I am honestly wondering how many skeptics really want to know (or acknowledge) the truth.
I do want to know the truth, not just what someone tells me is the truth.

Thank you for answering! You are an honest person in my book.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Taken from Maria Valtota notes: Jesus says: "I told you one day (dictation of June 19, 1943) that the eternal envious one seeks to copy God in all God's manifestations.

"But how is it that they have never considered that the 'great Babylon' is the whole Earth? I would be a very small and limited God the Creator if I had created only the Earth as an inhabited world! With a beat of My will I have brought forth worlds upon worlds from nothing and cast them as luminous fine dust into the immensity of the firmament.

"The Earth, about which you are so proud and fierce, is nothing but one of the bits of fine dust rotating in unboundedness, and not the biggest one. It is certainly the most corrupt one, though. Lives upon lives are teeming in the millions of worlds which are the joy of your gaze on peaceful nights, and the perfection of God will appear to you when, with the intellectual sight of your spirits rejoined to God, you are able to see the wonders of those worlds.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your statement

"We have always translated our experiences into vocal language - words are foreign

to the mind"....Really??? How can that be???

Langauge, Words = COMMUNICATIONS !!!

Without communication...the ability of the exchange of ideas Hu-man-ity (
) and

technology would not have evolved to where it is today.We would all still be digging

into our OWN minds...

In the words of John Donne
No Man is an island.....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join