It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes we all work, we all need money, gas, food, water, bills paid... doesnt mean we haave to do it on auto pilot. Work for some system that does NOT serve you. This is because we are a slave to the mind.

Would a race operating at its highest level, blindly slave for a concept like money? Work another day knowing its government is out to control them?
You think the extraterrestrials ("if they existed" .. ) are a slave to their minds? I'm sure they can think for themeslves and they work as a race for the betterment of their kind.
Humanity on the other hand; trapped in a box, killing eachother and competing with eachother

Honestly clear your mind and ask yourself; how much do you know about reality? Do not assume you are on the same level as race which is much elder and beyond technological?

They are not just going to "show up" and shake that fake Obama guy's hand. You can count on that. Maybe when humanity gets its # together, and starts looking at eachother as family instaed of enemy.. maybe we will make contact.

Until then we are judging from the surface, and from our crappy little screens. You CANT perceive what you have not experienced!
How opened minded is the surface being? So use to gravity and slow speeds, simplistic thought processing.. they cannot compare to an advanced race, we are NOT 'advanced'.

"we use 10% of our brains" (minds).. the average person in society has no clue. Ignorance is bliss!

The ETs are not the bad unknown guys; its the earthlings who are barbaric and childlike in the mind. They have no control over their own lives let alone their hearts and minds.

For those who wanna talk about evolution.. let me say this; one will not evolve when they operate at a lower conscious level. Where things like; greed, hate, fear, hope, power, hunger, death.. are dominating the collective race. This is DEvolving at its best.
When one perceives all these nasty things.. one cannot evolve, on a collective scale, this race is going no where. When we can think for ourselves and lead our own lives.. treat our neighboors like they were family; then our race will evolve. This is the level that advanced beings operate on. Humans indivually need to lead their lives like this; but when government and wars are all staged and religion lies to us.. we slow down our progression.

I think we need to admit to ourselves we as humans are a bit concieted in terms of our place in the universe.. we've only been "intelligent" for a couple hundred years, yet we strut like we've voyaged the galaxy lol
I
magine a race milllions or billions of years elder?
hmm whos watching who..

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Get off your computer, get off your cellphones or stupid iPhones that make you look like a stupid Zombie and go outside and watch the night sky especially in populated areas. You must be an avid star gazer who actually takes the time to look at the sky. Eventually, like me and everyone else you will be bound to see a couple of UFOs flying across the sky at incredible speeds all of a sudden disappearing into thin air. They look like stars, but they are not and what better way to blend into the sky then to look like a star?

Not our fault that most of you twiddle with your thumbs instead of actually enjoying the night sky everyday for at least 30 minutes or an hour. Chances are you won't see one on the first day you try, or the second or even a month but sooner or later you will see one or a few. I've seen two within the last few months in my area both fitting the description I described above.

I pity those who don't believe in something much more than themselves. I believe, fully and always have because of the way I see and understand the World.

Those are Satellites.
They reflect sunlight in orbit and then 'disappear' when they fall into Earth's shadow.
Often they will 'flash' when the angle of the sun's reflection off solar panels is just right with the observer.
A pity you actually thought those were UFOs

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I think the PUBLIC evidence is not enough to say they are here for a fact. But do you know the problems of skeptics? It's not DOUBTING - I myself doubt without the sufficient evidence.

The problem is - CERTAINTY IN NON-EXISTENCE - and there is sufficient information some of which cannot be dismissed as a lie to say it was made up. Otherwise way to go OP

reply to post by Druscilla

That's the problem, I've said it in the past, you cannot compare science with secrecy. If it is natural processes and you have full access and observe - yes you need empirical evidence. You cannot have empirical evidence and use science for it and the dumb 'Where is the evidence' that makes me think this logic is retarded

Hypthetical case: I have invented a secret weapon. No one knows it exists, some guy did know. Ok but this guy disappeared and all that reached public was some guy who knew of it but no one heard or saw pictures of that guy, yet alone of the weapon.

Skeptics or Pseudoskeptics would come and say: There is no such weapon, there is no evidence.

And the fact: The weapon stays where it is, with no one ever reaching it again.

So does this mean it doesn't exist? See? That's why it is correct to stay open minded for possibilities if not being certain of it.

You cannot expect some alien to touch you and to saywe have 'evidence', you should not apply this method for things that are pushed into secrecy.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
I'm interested in why YOU don't believe these things exist. What is it within YOU that believes ETs, UFOs, spirits etc.. DO NOT exist? Do you dis-believe because you fear the unknown? Or because you know for a fact it's 'impossible' they can exist?

Oh, I believe aliens exist. I just don't believe they've visited Earth or actually contacted us.

That is exactly what I have been trying to explain. They will not contact the minor race, destructive and deceptive. But they will stick around and observe, make sure we dont do anything stupid with our big shiny bombs.

The problem I have with completely deleting this aspect out of your life, is that one has not experienced this extraterrestrial nature. Why should the individual completely deny its existence? It makes no sense!

Non believers; have you got into your own space rocket, flew to space, observed it, saw no life, came back.. ??

No you have relied on NASA, an industry that works for itself, meanwhile taking BILLIONS of tax payer dollar.. puts a little robot on Mars and a couple men on the moon, and every "scientist" is happy
Ignorance is bliss! - NASA proves aliens do not exist Loveisanart! ... ok

*congradulations NASA for robbing the public with your bulls*t* Oh and thanks for proving extraterrestrial life does not exist ..enjoy your 8 digit salary
lol ..

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well my beef has always been that on the one hand, hard evidence is logically what a given person would want to be presented with to believe something, but on the other hand, I think that mindset will necessarily always keep one firmly stuck in a certain way of thinking and a certain way of looking at reality. It's the same mindset that keeps scientists from discovering new things because they're unwilling to think outside of what they already know. If a concept means they would have to fundamentally change their idea of reality as they've always known it, they automatically reject it.

While it's easy to see why anyone would do this, and it does make sense to a degree, it assumes on some level that they know all there is to know already, thus in revealing more layers of reality as they search, it must always be interpreted the way they've always interpreted things, and I think this will always hold back true advancement.

For my two cents, I find it unfathomable that people could wholly doubt something is going on. There are only so many people over 75 years that report abductions, sightings, etc. that I'm willing to disbelieve.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Yes but if 10's of thousands of people are claim in see the weapon every year floating in the sky and others are saying its been seen on the ground while others are claiming to physically touch the weapon while other are claiming to be in contact with the weapon and its maker then it would perfectly reasonable to expect lots of reliable evidence that backs up their claims.

Unlike you imaginary weapon that is locked away and no one ever see's it 10's of thousands of people are saying UFO's are there for us all to see. 50 years , maybe millions of claimed sightings yet zero decent evidence is very different from the scenario you are imagining.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Get off your computer, get off your cellphones or stupid iPhones that make you look like a stupid Zombie and go outside and watch the night sky especially in populated areas. You must be an avid star gazer who actually takes the time to look at the sky. Eventually, like me and everyone else you will be bound to see a couple of UFOs flying across the sky at incredible speeds all of a sudden disappearing into thin air. They look like stars, but they are not and what better way to blend into the sky then to look like a star?

Not our fault that most of you twiddle with your thumbs instead of actually enjoying the night sky everyday for at least 30 minutes or an hour. Chances are you won't see one on the first day you try, or the second or even a month but sooner or later you will see one or a few. I've seen two within the last few months in my area both fitting the description I described above.

I pity those who don't believe in something much more than themselves. I believe, fully and always have because of the way I see and understand the World.

Those are Satellites.
They reflect sunlight in orbit and then 'disappear' when they fall into Earth's shadow.
Often they will 'flash' when the angle of the sun's reflection off solar panels is just right with the observer.
A pity you actually thought those were UFOs

@ProphetMark - Well said; I have been star gazing since I was young. Ive seen many things that are clear to my conscious judgment were of extraterrestrial origin. Not just lights in the sky masking as stars.. full out spacecraft.

@Druscilla - People do not need your pity, conserve your emotions for your self.

You cannot try and explain what millions are witnessing, and blame it all on the ISS and a few satellites.. again this just shows arrogance.. you think your so logical, judging things that are out of your knowledge or nature. As if you 'confirm' its existence or his experience..

We all know how satellites work, we are not the idiots. We dont have to explain it to ourselves, we know how to sight things out, Ive been gazing since I was a child..
To me that sounds like a professional 'eye'. .. but I didnt goto university :O ... *shakes head*

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thing is, not too many people on here deny the possible existence of aliens–out there. It’s a large universe. NASA would love to find proof of extra-terrestrial life. They wouldn’t have to worry about funding anymore. But to take it as a fact because of something you believe, no, I don’t think so.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Imtor

Yes but if 10's of thousands of people are claim in see the weapon every year floating in the sky and others are saying its been seen on the group while others are claiming to physically touch the weapon while other are claiming to be in contact with the weapon and its maker then it would perfectly reasonable to expect lots of reliable evidence that backs up their claims.

Unlike you imaginary weapon that is locked away and no one ever see's it 10's of thousands of people are saying UFO's are there for us all to see. 50 years , maybe millions of claimed sightings yet zero decent evidence is very different from the scenario you are imagining.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

The reality is; while society is on autopilot, everyone doing their "role" .. these beings are flying around our space, maybe even contacting certain humans. There is undeniable evidence of their existence, this is not even an argument anymore. Like I said this all comes down to honesty with yourself..

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Thing is, not too many people on here deny the possible existence of aliens–out there. It’s a large universe. NASA would love to find proof of extra-terrestrial life. They wouldn’t have to worry about funding anymore. But to take it as a fact because of something you believe, no, I don’t think so.

What causes one to believe in something? To me; its an experience that is undeniable. Dont take my word for it, take it from the guys who are taking your money :O

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Maybe in your head its not an argument, but in reality and in science its yet to be proved in any capacity.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

We all know how satellites work, we are not the idiots. We dont have to explain it to ourselves, we know how to sight things out, Ive been gazing since I was a child..
To me that sounds like a professional 'eye'. .. but I didnt goto university :O ... *shakes head*

Guess you haven't read all the threads on here where folks can't tell the difference between Jupiter and an UFO or that didn't know that Venus changes position thought the year. Or the never-ending "Mothership caught on SOHO" that turns out to be cosmic rays. While you may know what you're looking at, a lot of people don't.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Okay, here is another case: A 40-year silence was imposed following his return,
and in 2005, Robert L. came forward, here is his story:

colinandrews.net...

I know first hand about the globes, as represented in my avatar and in 1969 had a face to face encounter with an 8'+ turtle-skinned being so, I personally don't give a hoot who believes or not. I personally am looking forward to our planet taking its "Breath" and resetting this planet with the survivors so long as it is based upon survival of the most fit and buries all those Elites with their underground cities..

edit on 25-11-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

This is stuff you dont learn in university, school or on tv .. its for good reason, your easy to control when you look outside of yourself and speculate or follow sources like NASA etc.

The elite have this type of knowledge, they know of extraterrestrial existence, and they love the fact that you wont believe in it!

Actually, a very good case can be made that folks inclined to accept unsubstantiated claims of the paranormal are more susceptible to manipulation by the "elite" than those who engage in rational skepticism.

Are you kidding? It doesnt matter what your belief is, we are all controlled. Do you work? You labour for someone else to get money? The bank supplies everyone with this money? People own the bank.. they print it...

Yea we are all controlled. Working in this society is being slave to the mind. Your perception of reality has been the same since birth, you are in the same box (society). All you know about anything comes from inside this box.

Manipulation is controlling billions of people, have them slave a lifetime and pay for knowledge.. just to die! And the next generation of incarantes lives out.. its a cycle of control. Those who own the banks, always own the banks.

The point here is, we do not have control over our reality, or our lives. We are conformed into the very box we die in. Our perception of life never really changes; unless society comes out with the newest technology that is available to them. Things like driving, flying change the way we perceive reality.

Our technological evolution will manifest in the correct direction when our world leaders are not out to bull# and kill us. When we are free to think and choose how to live our own lives. We work together to build a more advanced civilization..
This is why I believe the ETs have been here, spectating to see which direction humanity is going. And if they will evolve in a manner where contact is mutual.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Maybe in your head its not an argument, but in reality and in science its yet to be proved in any capacity.

Its when as a collective we can accept it and end the argument.. we cannot experience aspects of reality which you turn off. Thats just how life works. Right now our world leaders are more occupied killing and stealing then they are serving the human race.. this will keep any extraterestrial race at a distance.

Science is not as far as you think it is.. technologically, science has only been around for a hundred years. Humanity has been around for millions. These ET races, possibly much more ancient then the human.

But hey let science figure it out; if we arent all dead by WW3 that is. Those is power, will kill anything to keep their power. The human race needs to wake up and realize how asleep their mind shave been. Reality has been so submissive for many, so obediant they have become a custom to perceiving what they are told.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Would a race operating at its highest level, blindly slave for a concept like money? Work another day knowing its government is out to control them?
This is where things start to get confusing (at least for me), because of a lack of definitions.
What's that "highest level" you speak about? How do you know that there is such thing as a "higher level"?

And following the logic that "if live appeared on Earth then it must have appeared elsewhere in the universe", wouldn't it be also likely that those aliens have something like money? After all, it was the creation of an artificial value that made it easy for people to trade their products and their work, making it possible to make society (with all of what is bad but also with all that is good about it) to advance to a point where people could be allowed to spend time studying things that look unnecessary for our day to day living but that brought us so many technological advances.

You think the extraterrestrials ("if they existed" .. ) are a slave to their minds? I'm sure they can think for themeslves and they work as a race for the betterment of their kind.
Humanity on the other hand; trapped in a box, killing eachother and competing with eachother
I don't see any special reason for an alien species to be similar in some aspects but different in others, so I guess all possibilities are possible, including a greedy, killer alien race. I also don't see why an alien species must be some kind of ideal, kind, compassionate species.

Honestly clear your mind and ask yourself; how much do you know about reality? Do not assume you are on the same level as race which is much elder and beyond technological?
No, I don't assume anything, that's why I don't assume they are much advanced in technology and/or spirituality, I don't have any data about it, so they can be as basic as an amoeba or as advanced as making them confused with gods.

They are not just going to "show up" and shake that fake Obama guy's hand.
I'm Portuguese, I don't care about US presidents, they are not representatives of the World's population.

You can count on that. Maybe when humanity gets its # together, and starts looking at eachother as family instaed of enemy.. maybe we will make contact.
Or maybe not, or maybe there's nobody to be contacted...

Until then we are judging from the surface, and from our crappy little screens. You CANT perceive what you have not experienced!
We cannot even perceive much of what we experience.

How opened minded is the surface being? So use to gravity and slow speeds, simplistic thought processing.. they cannot compare to an advanced race, we are NOT 'advanced'.
There you go again with those cryptic words. What is a "surface being" supposed to be? A snake? A mouse?

"we use 10% of our brains" (minds).. the average person in society has no clue. Ignorance is bliss!
That's not true, we use much more than the 10% referenced in that famous (and wrong) sentence.

The ETs are not the bad unknown guys; its the earthlings who are barbaric and childlike in the mind. They have no control over their own lives let alone their hearts and minds.
How can we know?

For those who wanna talk about evolution.. let me say this; one will not evolve when they operate at a lower conscious level. Where things like; greed, hate, fear, hope, power, hunger, death.. are dominating the collective race. This is DEvolving at its best.
Evolution is supposedly based on the survival of the fittest, so if our society favours greed, hate and fear, those that are more at ease with it are the ones that will survive and the evolution will continue in that direction.

Evolution is not supposed to mean "become a better person".

I think we need to admit to ourselves we as humans are a bit concieted in terms of our place in the universe.. we've only been "intelligent" for a couple hundred years, yet we strut like we've voyaged the galaxy lol
I magine a race milllions or billions of years elder?
hmm whos watching who..
Then there are those that have something like an inferiority complex and think that there must be a more advanced race, somewhere, just because they do not like this one.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Are you kidding? It doesnt matter what your belief is, we are all controlled. Do you work? You labour for someone else to get money? The bank supplies everyone with this money? People own the bank.. they print it...

Yea we are all controlled. Working in this society is being slave to the mind. Your perception of reality has been the same since birth, you are in the same box (society). All you know about anything comes from inside this box.

Manipulation is controlling billions of people, have them slave a lifetime and pay for knowledge.. just to die! And the next generation of incarantes lives out.. its a cycle of control. Those who own the banks, always own the banks.

The point here is, we do not have control over our reality, or our lives. We are conformed into the very box we die in. Our perception of life never really changes; unless society comes out with the newest technology that is available to them. Things like driving, flying change the way we perceive reality.

Our technological evolution will manifest in the correct direction when our world leaders are not out to bull# and kill us. When we are free to think and choose how to live our own lives. We work together to build a more advanced civilization..
This is why I believe the ETs have been here, spectating to see which direction humanity is going. And if they will evolve in a manner where contact is mutual.

Wow.
What a rant.
Issues much?
Sounds like you've put a LOT of effort into self marginalization with your attitudes about "society".

Due my choices, education, and career path, I pretty much cut my own checks.
I 'vacation' 2 or 3 times a year.
I do pretty much what I want.

No slave here.

Make sound choices in your education and career path, and, well, oops, you didn't go to school.
You may want to look into some accountability for your own decisions, life choices, and take a good hard look at why you're so ranty.
Seems like a lot of deflection and blaming is going on.
Is nothing really your own fault?

Poor thing.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Skeptics or Pseudoskeptics would come and say: There is no such weapon, there is no evidence.
No, a sceptic would ask for some kind of confirmation, and, if none was presented, (and if that sceptic was like me) he/she would "file" it in the "possible, there's at least one reference to it" category.

That's because a real sceptic knows that lack of evidence is not the same thing as not being real.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Science is not as far as you think it is.. technologically, science has only been around for a hundred years. Humanity has been around for millions.

Yet again you are confusing what YOU like you know with reality. Science has been around since maybe before the Greeks and humans have only been on on earth for a max of 200 000 years.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

As long as you believe in yourself and your own experience after personal analyzing the situtation.. that is all that matters. People are forgetting that, humans dont NEED some authority to tell us what is right or wrong. Hundreds of thousands of years ago man saw things in the skies, saw beings, and they drew them on cave walls.
But we have always translated our experiences into vocal langauge. This information is stored as language. Modern humans think in words. Words are foreign to the mind, but after a lifetime of subconsciously conditioning the mind with your 'native' language, the indivudals perception changes. You know longer have use for your mental capabilities, you live in a society where perception is based on 2 things; obvservation of the 5 sense or what anyone else tells you.

This paralell part to the human-mind system is what is missing in most people today. The ability to use their minds in multple ways. To think and perceive in more complex ways then language or words and the ideas that come with them.

So if we see a ship in the sky, our conditioned minds immedately start to analyze the situation with everything our subconscious knows; bird, plane, swamp gas, superman... Our subconscious mind doesnt realize that this particular thing is alien or foreign to it, by the time its gone the mind has already narrowed it down to what it maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join