It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im calling out all the Non-believers and skeptics personally; to understand why they do not believe in Extraterrestrial and other unknown phenomena.

Why dont you believe starships, extraterrestrial life, energy, mind power, and multiple dimensions of reality? What makes you belive these things do not exist in all of creation?

You so called skeptics and debunkers, are trying to falsify something you have not experienced or perceived; this being very intelligent alien races, technology beyond our comprehension. You judge things which you have not experienced, with what you have. If it doesnt make sense its fake.

As a skeptic has not perceived an alien or starship; it must not exist. All this skeptic knows is everything it has; seen, heard, touched, smelled, tasted or thought.. Aliens do not mingle in everyday reality with humans, therefore they do not exist ...
The "I haven't seen it, so I cant believe it" mentality.

This is why it confuses me with people who do not belive in extraterrestrial life, multiple universes/dimensions .. you delete an aspect of reality - out of your perception OF reality. Therefore you shall not experience. WHY?

We think we can explain everything, because we think we know everything there is to know. This is why aliens do not exist - we dont know about them..hmm.

You expect extraterrestrials to LAND on our planet and present themselves to humanity..??
we think we are ready for contact; we are "intelligent" and mature enough to meet with these other races..

It doesnt work that way with developing life, hu-man.

The REAL extraterrestrials would know better then that... they do not perceive reality like WE DO. Our perception is fixed based on limited knowledge and falling slave to the mind (money, religion, GOD..etc). We cannot operate on their level yet, until we break free from our mental habits.

To me, it's quite obvious they exist; they are here, they always have been.. the word 'they' in this context is referencing to countless races of extraterrestrials who exist in the unknown universe(s).

But..

I'm interested in why YOU don't believe these things exist. What is it within YOU that believes ETs, UFOs, spirits etc.. DO NOT exist? Do you dis-believe because you fear the unknown? Or because you know for a fact it's 'impossible' they can exist?

I'm sure these so called skeptics and non-believers won't even respond
that says enough for the rest of us

Like I said, I'm just curious as to what exactly it is, you think when it comes to these phenomena? Why it is you do not believe.

Debunkers, why do you debunk? Skeptics, why are you skeptical? Non believers, what is it that you dont belive and why?
Inviting all opinions to the topic. If you are on the fence about these things, you can express that as well.

I hope this thread drags some attention, this does seem like a popular topic on ATS; its interesting to know WHY people do or do NOT believe. So please share!

~ Love is an art

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ufo's exist. At least, they are unidentified to most of us. They are, for the most part, ships built to transcend space/ time by HUMANS who were given the technology by beings from a parallel dimension. Some would call these beings "aliens".
Tis my belief that during world war two, a "tear" was created in the veil between worlds. Since then we have been visited by "others" who shared their technology with us...good and bad. They also shared something else.
They showed humans how to travel through space and time, including the past. Our path has been altered by those who have gone back in time and re-written history to suit their own needs. It has been written in stone, in words and pictures. ancient aliens do not resemble "greys" or "nordics" or "reptilians". They resemble man in a spacesuit.
There's food for thought.
edit on 24-11-2012 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Two words:

Empirical Evidence

Show us some Empirical data that any of this stuff is true, and we'll happily line up.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt

Debunkers, why do you debunk? Skeptics, why are you skeptical? Non believers, what is it that you dont belive and why?
Inviting all opinions to the topic. If you are on the fence about these things, you can express that as well.

I hope this thread drags some attention, this does seem like a popular topic on ATS; its interesting to know WHY people do or do NOT believe. So please share!

~ Love is an art

No physical proof…..end of story…..

It is kind of funny that even now after all our great tech advancement over 6000 years we are still in the stage of eye witnesses and interpretations. Nothing more….well rumors and conspiracies can be added to it all.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the post.

I'd like to know why people are more inclined to believe in an immortal being that created the universe and professes goodness, while "allowing" mass genocides and other horrific "evil" things to occur, but are completely against the thought of other life, like us, on one of the trillions of planets in the universe.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am one of the skeptical believers. I personally have not seen intelligent designed crafts in the sky but I do not rule out their existence. I am a huge sci fi junky and would love for this all to be true.

Until I see crafts with my own two eyes, I must remain cautiously skeptical.

edit on 11/24/2012 by mcx1942 because: wording

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For some, "skepticism" has become just as much of a religion as Christianity, or any other religion. Anything that goes against what they believe to be true, they will reject.

For others, if science doesn't say it's so. It isn't. End of story.

For still others, aliens are demons.

And then there are those of us who don't believe or disbelieve really. We're just waiting for enough evidence to make us lean in one direction or another. To this point, I haven't seen enough evidence to sway me in either direction. And trust me, I have read and studied, A LOT.

It's interesting you would bring this up today. I was thinking about starting a thread along these lines, but more to do with people presenting their best evidence for my topic.
edit on 11/24/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The first posts I recieve of "skeptics" is full of "I have not seen". This is exactly what I said in the OP. I didnt ask for sarcasm or anything, quite frankly you all went off topic..

WHY dont you belive. Just because you havent seen? Or something in your mind or consciousness that believes its impossible for it to exist?

Your individual Life, your personality; what is it that makes you think the life you are living doesnt involve other realms or beings?

The topic isnt about lack of evidence; its about you personally, what you feel about this aspect of reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A lot of story's with no video, a lot of videos with no story, same thing every time.
The proof dosn't exist, the evidence leads nowhere.

Do you believe in Santa?

edit on 24-11-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Amazing claims require amazing proof.

simple.

But regarding UFOs. I firmly believe in them. I saw 2 the other day. One male and one female. UFO = ugly, fat old.

Before you have a hissy fit on this terrible statement, I'm, no spring chicken, overweight and definitely not blessed in the looks category.

Hell, if we can't laugh at ouselves then the world is a bl99dy terrible place to be.

edit on 24/11/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic.
Though I believe in the possibility of many of those things is possible.
The proofs, for many of them are often very weak.
My biggest gripe are the folks that flat-out REFUSE to look at other possibilities.

Sometimes that UFO is simply a plastic grocery bag, lofted into the air by thermal air currents.
I've watched a bag for about an hour, that was picked up by a huge dust devil. I used to live near a desert playa that, in the summer time, would develop dust devils, hundreds of feet high. They would often pick up light objects and loft them into the clear blue sky. If a cloud passed in front of the sun, the whirlwind would literally collapse in a few seconds. Yet the bag would stay aloft for hours. looking very suspicious.

I'm one of those Occams Razor skeptics. Trusting the simplest explanation, yet still leaving my mind open to other possibilities.

I'd like to see more discussions where people were actually DISCUSSING, rather than getting defensive about their position.

If someone can believe a white dot traveled light years, and is full of otherwordly critters. Why can it not just be a plastic bag?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The first posts I recieve of "skeptics" is full of "I have not seen". This is exactly what I said in the OP. I didnt ask for sarcasm or anything, quite frankly you all went off topic..

WHY dont you belive. Just because you havent seen? Or something in your mind or consciousness that believes its impossible for it to exist?

Your individual Life, your personality; what is it that makes you think the life you are living doesnt involve other realms or beings?

The topic isnt about lack of evidence; its about you personally, what you feel about this aspect of reality.

Errr

Im calling out all the Non-believers and skeptics personally; to understand why they do not believe in Extraterrestrial and other unknown phenomena.

You asked this and they responded with 'They require hard evidence' ... that is their 'Why'. What they feel about this 'aspect of reality' (which is a loaded statement on your behalf given it assumes UFO's ARE real, which even for a believer like myself CANT be proven to the standards required) is that its untrue because to date the evidence doesnt full fill the criteria they need to believe...

To come back and stamp your feet at their responses when they gave you the response you asked of them is very poor.

The same can be said of yourself, you believe emphatically without real proof and youve proven yourself to get angry at others that dont share that view... No true skeptic will participate now since they think logically (which is good) and your response shows to argue or discuss logically with you would be fruitless.

And this is coming from a fellow believer.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It just came to me the moment I logged on actually XD

Im interested in experience. If anyone who hasnt experienced this; how can you say it does not exist? People are not sure how to full use their minds yet hence "we only use 10% of our brains".. but again, misleading - we only use %10 of our minds.

The extraterrestrials know this; operating at a MUCH higher level then the average hu-man. This is why they will not show themselves.. this is why you dont SEE them. They are smarter then you, more sophisticated. You havent experienced perception off your planet, you cannot comprehend until you use your mind and experience such things.

The Hu-man being, and all beings for this matter; are VERY complex systems. Biologically, mentally, spiritually.. but we have forgotten our trueselves, this brought an unbalance to our understanding of reality and this entire experience we call Life.

Our minds are raided on a daily basis, we do not live in a reality where our minds are free thinking, clear and used to its potential. We cannot perceive reality as the ETs do. We experience/perceive reality on the surface curvature of the Earth... they are bending space and time, travelling the cosmos.

We do have more "senses" (awareneesses) which are not physically-receptive in nature. This is what we call today as "psychic". This is when one's 'third eye' is awake and active. This allows the individual to perceive past the 5 senses (Mind).

A natural awareness to the spirit; but a lost art to the human being.
Which brings forth the foundation of religion and understanding today...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
Amazing claims require amazing proof.

simple.

But regarding UFOs. I firmly believe in them. I saw 2 the other day. One male and one female. UFO = ugly, fat old.

Before you have a hissy fit on this terrible statement, I'm, no spring chicken, overweight and definitely not blessed in the looks category.

Hell, if we can't laugh at ouselves then the world is a bl99dy terrible place to be.

edit on 24/11/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

Okay good for you

Im not interested in that.. Im interested in what it IS about YOU that disregards ETs and other phenomena

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ive been looking into it for years hoping to find proof of visiting aliens. When i started i firmly believed they were out there and the evidence was well documented but just denied but the mainstream scientists.

Now many years later its obvious that the harder i look the less decent evidence there is to find. Its sad but true. If you are really serious about the subject at some point in the investigations you have to stop just believing because you want to and actually look for real hard evidence that is really undeniable. You have to start looking at the subject from all angles instead of being a close minded believer. A lot of people who are hardened believers think they are the open minded ones when in reality they are just looking at the subject with rose tinted glasses and blinkers.

I guess the longer you look the more obvious the truth becomes. This is why a few UFO researching groups have stated this year that they might be closing down after many years because its starting to look like there really is no evidence. With all the advanced technology and cameras we have these days there should be mountains of proof of UFO's by now, but in reality the quality of reports are getting worse by the day even if they are getting more frequent

As you get older you really start to see through the con artists that make the UFO documentaries and write the books for a living. With age comes experience and the ability to spot the BS artists that make up 95% of the so called UFO movement.

I don't blame the younger member's here for wanting to believe, i still want to believe and believe me i will be the first to back about any really good evidence that anyone can come up with. But crop circles , Chinese lanterns and a few crazy / attention seeking people who claim to be abductees are never going to do it for me..

Its a fun subject but set yourself higher standards of proof ,deny ignorance and stop letting people fool you. We are moving into a new age next month , maybe we can all grow a little and accept the truth of the subject that there is no evidence. Then we can file UFO's away with other past legends like monsters, ghosts, fairies and dragons.

edit on 24-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Well said.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

The extraterrestrials know this; operating at a MUCH higher level then the average hu-man. This is why they will not show themselves.. this is why you dont SEE them. They are smarter then you, more sophisticated. You havent experienced perception off your planet, you cannot comprehend until you use your mind and experience such things.
. . .

Our minds are raided on a daily basis, we do not live in a reality where our minds are free thinking, clear and used to its potential. We cannot perceive reality as the ETs do. We experience/perceive reality on the surface curvature of the Earth... they are bending space and time, travelling the cosmos.

We do have more "senses" (awareneesses) which are not physically-receptive in nature. This is what we call today as "psychic". This is when one's 'third eye' is awake and active. This allows the individual to perceive past the 5 senses (Mind).

These are very interesting statements. How have you come to these conclusions?
How are the extraterrestrials smarter or more sophisticated? Is it because of their technologies? Or society?
Or culture?
Have you communicated with aliens in some way, that allows you to know how they perceive reality?

This is fascinating. I look forward to you sharing your knowledge of extraterrestrial intelligent life. Please back it with something more than just your beliefs.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Being sceptical means that we don't accept things just because someone says so, so we cannot really favour someone's version of UFOs and other unknown phenomena while ignoring other versions when neither of those versions have real evidence to support them.

Why dont you believe starships, extraterrestrial life, energy, mind power, and multiple dimensions of reality? What makes you belive these things do not exist in all of creation?

Why do you mix so many unrelated things?

I don't believe in starships (what do you really mean by "starships"?) because I have never seen any real evidence of them.
I don't say that extraterrestrial life exists because I have never seen any real evidence of it, although I believe it's highly likely to exist.
Energy? That's just silly.
Mind power? What do you mean by that?
Multiple dimensions? I think they are possible, but, once more, I don't have any real evidence of their existence.

You judge things which you have not experienced, with what you have. If it doesnt make sense its fake.

No, we do not judge those things, we judge their possibility of being real, it's not the same thing.

As a skeptic has not perceived an alien or starship; it must not exist.

No, as I have never seen any real evidence of an alien or a starship (what do you mean by that?), even if I think they are possible, I don't say that they exist.

All this skeptic knows is everything it has; seen, heard, touched, smelled, tasted or thought..

Those are the only things we can really know as real, or things for which we have real and credible evidence.

This is why it confuses me with people who do not belive in extraterrestrial life, multiple universes/dimensions .. you delete an aspect of reality - out of your perception OF reality. Therefore you shall not experience. WHY?

No, we don't "delete" it, we just don't act as if we know more than we really know.

We think we can explain everything, because we think we know everything there is to know. This is why aliens do not exist - we dont know about them..hmm.

No, that's wrong.

You expect extraterrestrials to LAND on our planet and present themselves to humanity..??
we think we are ready for contact; we are "intelligent" and mature enough to meet with these other races..

No, you're wrong again.

The REAL extraterrestrials would know better then that... they do not perceive reality like WE DO.

How do you know that?

Our perception is fixed based on limited knowledge and falling slave to the mind (money, religion, GOD..etc). We cannot operate on their level yet, until we break free from our mental habits.

You cannot speak for all other people, if that's your perception of how all humans are then you are, once more, wrong.

To me, it's quite obvious they exist;

Why?

I'm interested in why YOU don't believe these things exist. What is it within YOU that believes ETs, UFOs, spirits etc.. DO NOT exist?

A sceptic is not someone that says that something does not exist, is someone that has doubts about something (or everything), so he/she can never state that something does not exist (or even that something does exist)

Do you dis-believe because you fear the unknown?

No.

Or because you know for a fact it's 'impossible' they can exist?

No, we cannot really know that something cannot exist.

Like I said, I'm just curious as to what exactly it is, you think when it comes to these phenomena? Why it is you do not believe.

What phenomena? You mixed many things, even things that everybody knows as real, like energy.

Skeptics, why are you skeptical?

Because I do not accept anything just because someone tells me.

~ Love is an art

I'm sceptical about that.

edit on 24/11/2012 by ArMaP because: to add the "this is my opinion" thingy
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Klassified
For some, "skepticism" has become just as much of a religion as Christianity, or any other religion. Anything that goes against what they believe to be true, they will reject.

That's not scepticism, scepticism is not about rejecting things, is about doubting about their existence. That's why I can never really say that something does not exist, I can only really say that I find it likely or not to be real.
edit on 24/11/2012 by ArMaP because: to add the "this my opinion" thingy

extra DIV

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Aliens are real because we are real.

What is not real is alien visitation.

well it is possible, it's both highly unlikely and uncertain at this time.

the distance of space travel combined with the likelihood of technological prowess while maintaining a moral society is just too much relative to our own species..

sure we can send a robot to mars but that is no where near the same capability as moving a few people there.
add in the distances between stars and it's laughable..

therefore based on evidence presented, not happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join