It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Israeli Appeals Ignored by U.N.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The recent provocations between Gaza militants and Israeli forces that resulted in the conflict over the past weeks, and ended in a truce, is not something that was unknown to the United Nations, or something that Israel had not made clear to the U.N. since January.

In at least 20 separate letters sent this year Israel made repeated attempts to garner attention concerning the barrage of attacks coming from within the Palestinian territories, in identical letters sent to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the Security Council, urging them to act.

The guidelines the U.N. uses in regards to Israel and the Palestinian conflict stems from a 2008-09 report known as the Goldstone report or the United Nations fact finding mission on the Gaza conflict, amongst other resolutions concerning Israel.

Wikipedia

Israel refused to cooperate with the report, which was released on 15 September 2009. The report accused both the Israel Defense Forces and the Palestinian militants of war crimes and possible crimes against humanity. It recommended that the sides openly investigate their own conduct and if they failed to do so, to bring the allegations to the International Criminal Court.[3][4] The government of Israel rejected the report as prejudiced and full of errors, and also sharply rejected the charge that it had a policy of deliberately targeting civilians.[5] The militant Islamic group Hamas initially rejected some of the report's findings,[6] but then urged world powers to embrace it

The bias created by this report, specifically towards Israel, was later refuted by it's own author Richard Goldstone. The initial report accused both parties of possible war crimes and crimes against humanity for targeting the civilian populace. But as Richard Goldstone the original author pointed out no other evidence was available to conclude against the findings of intentionality.

Source

The allegations of intentionality by Israel were based on the deaths of and injuries to civilians in situations where our fact-finding mission had no evidence on which to draw any other reasonable conclusion. While the investigations published by the Israeli military and recognized in the U.N. committee’s report have established the validity of some incidents that we investigated in cases involving individual soldiers, they also indicate that civilians were not intentionally targeted as a matter of policy.

Another interesting statement made by Goldstone in the above source highlights that the adopted mandate by the Human Right's Council was skewed against Israel.

Wasingtonpost

As I indicated from the very beginning, I would have welcomed Israel’s cooperation. The purpose of the Goldstone Report was never to prove a foregone conclusion against Israel. I insisted on changing the original mandate adopted by the Human Rights Council, which was skewed against Israel.

Moving forward:

The blatant disregard for the Israelis pleas to the United Nations (letters this year posted below) to act or speak out against the aggression coming from within the Palestinian territory has been largely ignored. Instead it is repeatedly condemned for it's actions, as you can see in the source below.

Source

The National Assembly on Tuesday passed two unanimous resolutions against the killings of innocent children and women in Israeli attack on Ghaza and demanded of the United Nations (UN) to take stern action against the Israeli barbarism.

The failure of the U.N. to hold to account the militants firing rockets into Israel and indiscriminately killing anyone in the way, while condemning Israel for protecting themselves from attack is preposterous, especially after numerous pleas this year alone.

20 Israeli Appeals Ignored by U.N. (pdf's)

1. January 3, 2012

2. January 27, 2012

3. January 31, 2012

4. February 3, 2012

5. February 17, 2012

6. March 8, 2012

7. March 11, 2012

8. March 13, 2012

9. May 4, 2012

10. May 17, 2012

11. June 21, 2012

12. June 25, 2012

13. July 18, 2012

14. August 28, 2012

15. August 29, 2012

16. September 11, 2012

17. October 10, 2012

18. October 16, 2012

19. October 24, 2012

20. November 12, 2012

(Original source)
edit on 24-11-2012 by Daedal because: Added source

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Only 20? That's about a quarter of the resolutions from the UN that Israel has ignored. I'm glad you posted that link. I would have. Seems to me Israel wants a 1 way ride with the UN. "We want them to do what we want but we don't care what they want us to do." That's not how diplomacy works.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, Gaza will have more than just random rockets raining down on Israel, Iran is providing Hamas with guideance systems for their rockets, so that random rockets will turn into cruise missles. Now Hamas will be able to fully embrace their "eye for an eye" ways.

There may be a truce now but this is only going to get worse, like a timebomb waiting to go off. This is going to escalate even worse because people are pissed off and losing their crap. The pressure cooker is aboiling.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Fertilizer rockets vs. 3 billion a year from the united states. Which one is worse? Why engage in collective punishment? Just arrest those firing the rockets. Children aren't terrorists.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Poor Israel.

Cry me a river.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The hell are you doing posting facts OP?

This is Israel hate central. You will get nowhere with people who think Israelis should be pushed into the sea and that everything Israel does to defend itself from Islamist terrorism is a war crime.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Israel, Zionism, Hamas, Fatah, Muslim Brotherhood and all the others are a joke. I would have no problem if the UN didn't even recognize Israel as a country.

It's not as if Israel isn't keeping Gaza on the brink of economic collapse. It's not as if Israel hasn't limited the agriculture of the region. There's no solution, other than removing religion from the region... which will never happen. Too much history, too much baggage and too many individuals that pretend that they are ever going to win a battle that can't be won.

[Outro: Morgan Freeman]
As the mask of deception falls off the face of humanity
Unveiling the grim reality of duality
In which everyone is a casualty, no one will be exempt
Truth has many shades
It's not a matter of black and white, but gray
Although many, we are one, so in the final analysis
Could it be that we are fighting a war that can't be won?

Yes Mr. Freeman, yes we are....

If you'd like to see more, that is the craziness that is the Israeli defense...

Israel, Israeli Aerospace Industries... Who Backs Who
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The UN needs to stay out, there's nothing they can really do that is conducive towards resolving the issues of Israel. At least they can say "Live for nothing, or die for something"... what they're dying for is something that shouldn't be an issue in the first place. ahhh, religious freedom, good luck...

Both sides are equally disgusting and they're too blind to see it...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Fertilizer rockets vs. 3 billion a year from the united states. Which one is worse? Why engage in collective punishment? Just arrest those firing the rockets. Children aren't terrorists.

I agree. The balance is not equal, but why instigate in the first place knowing the response. I don't advocate for any particular side in the conflict, is it wrong, yes, are both parties responsible, yes. Does Israel bear more responsibility because it has greater weapons than it's opponents? Or should the other side just be allowed to continue it's provocations with no account to the same body condemning Israel.

I think if you look at the response made by the U.S. in regards to this, and it's reason for the veto at the U.N. surrounding the latest escalations, it may provide insight into why they believed a veto was necessary.

Source

The United States opposed the statement - which had to be approved by consensus - because it "failed to address the root cause" - missile attacks by Hamas - of the escalation in fighting between Israel and Hamas militants in Gaza, said Erin Pelton, spokeswoman for the U.S. mission to the United Nations.

edit on 24-11-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Nor should it be equal.

You fight wars to win. Fair play is for sporting events. War ain't fair.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Daedal

Nor should it be equal.

You fight wars to win. Fair play is for sporting events. War ain't fair.

OK but is it "fair" to ignore resolutions from an international entity and then seek redress from same entity when it suits your purpose?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
hmmm well I know its already be said a millions times before ..BUT perhaps it needs to be said again.

Perhaps... if Israel would pay attention to the numerous UN Violations in it's name

then maybe the UN would hear Israel's 20 Appeals.

you GET what you GIVE

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

just arrest those firing rockets??....what?...do you think the guy done the street goes down to the police dept. and files a complaint against ali firng rockets from his back yard??
do you think all those palestinians witnesses are going to come forward?

what israel is saying is simple ....."keep you people from firing rockets at us, or we are going to blow up the area in which the rockets were fired from"
and by the way...where from and how are those rockets getting there??? and why doesn't the UN send in blue helmets to block the import of those rockets.?? why does israel have to do it?
what i see? ....a bunch of jew haters

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So you have nothing to add to the topic which is basically that Israel ignores UN opinion but wants UN action in their favor? Or an I just another "Jew hater"?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

your right,..children are not terrorists, they are shields for extremist islamists...i'm 60 yrs. old, and they have been using them as shields for decades...and yet, the media keeps repeating it, like it's something new!!!...it's the norm, my friends.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

what israel is saying is simple .....

well what God was saying is simple too.

Israel was never to become a 2 party STATE like Rome & Greece.

A right/left political system that cause STRIFE amongst each other.

God wanted Israel to have LAND ...~ yes I think we can all agree on that.

But God also expressed a wish for Israel NEVER to become a political STATE.

Peace to the Jews who follow God's word & will!!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by jimmyx

So you have nothing to add to the topic which is basically that Israel ignores UN opinion but wants UN action in their favor? Or an I just another "Jew hater"?

of course you're not...so what UN opinion has israel ignored, to justify a year long barrage of rocket attacks from gaza?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970

what israel is saying is simple .....

well what God was saying is simple too.

Israel was never to become a 2 party STATE like Rome & Greece.

A right/left political system that cause STRIFE amongst each other.

God wanted Israel to have LAND ...~ yes I think we can all agree on that.

But God also expressed a wish for Israel NEVER to become a political STATE.

Peace to the Jews who follow God's word & will!!

i didn't know you've had a conversation with god, and one that discussed political states. maybe you could arrange a meeting for me with him.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by jimmyx

of course you're not...so what UN opinion has israel ignored, to justify a year long barrage of rocket attacks from gaza?

It's in the OP:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

.so what UN opinion has israel ignored

they are UN Violations, not UN Opinions

SOURCE :israellawresourcecenter.org/internationallaw/studyguides/sgil3i.h tm

Israeli Violations of International Law - (9) Israel has violated 28 resolutions of the United Nations Security Council (which are legally binding on member-nations), and almost 100 resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly (which are not binding, but represent the will and understanding of the international community). And Israel is now in violation of the advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice of 2004, condemning the separation wall Israel is building throughout the occupied West Bank.

edit on 24-11-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: URL is acting weird

edit on 24-11-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: to put text in quote

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
The hell are you doing posting facts OP?

This is Israel hate central. You will get nowhere with people who think Israelis should be pushed into the sea and that everything Israel does to defend itself from Islamist terrorism is a war crime.

Israelis should be pushed into Delaware more like it.. just out of the Middle East ffs..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join