Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Umm, You guys realize that 12/21/12 is just a HOAX, Right ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So i guess my own personnel spiritual growth was a hoax too..

let time teach you friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ATTENTION ATS:

"...you do realize....., right?"

there is an increasing incidence of the phrase found in this title all over ATS. variants of this phrase can be found at least once on every page of every recent thread. so, so annoying.

STOP IT.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

you honestly think the only relevance this date has is a woman who failed doomsday date was updated to coincide with the end of the mayans longcount?
I have been interested in the mayans callender and prophecy for two decades now and i never heard of her. The mayans were great astronomers and their callender is proof of this. The 21st of next month is the end of a 26000 year cycle, do some research on 13000 or 26000 year cycle and you may not be so sceptical, good luck regardless what may or may not happen. I have personal beliefs regarding this significant time in our existance but that is not my go.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I keep telling everyone, but they don't seem to be listening!

The world is not going to end on 21 December, 2012. It can't.

You see, it's a FRIDAY, and everyone knows that worlds just don't end on a Friday.

Friday is when a lot of us get paid, go out and party all weekend, so we're all safe!

Now, if it had been a Monday, you know, broke, hung over, forced back to work.....then yah, that would be the day the world would end.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Right now I'm watching "Apocalypse: Maya Messengers" on The History Channel...the only thing that disturbed me so far was them referring to the Sun being in a Maximum at that time,that it's going to be at it's worst for this 11 year cycle.
The galactic alignment was mentioned but that didn't phase me too much.

I lean towards nothing happening but my motto in life is "never say never".
Something could very well happen , something probably won't happen.

Interesting to watch nonetheless

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

You do realize that the Earth and it's Solar System have already passed the point of Alignment to the Dark Rift about 26,000 Years ago...right? When we look at this alignment on December 21st...we are looking some 26,000 years into the past as that is how long the light has taken to reach us.

Whatever was going to happen would have happened some 26,000 years ago. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

hey split, its a 26000 year cycle agreed. So what we receive optically and phisically will be 26000 years old but at the same time not so.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Visually we are seeing the position of the Earth to the Dark Rift as it was 26,000 years ago. Physically...any Gravitational Effect would have occurred 26,000 years ago. Whatever could have possibly happened would have happened 26,000 years ago. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I took the day off anyway, will be partaking on some TOS violation substances.....but yes, we will still be around on December 22, but we do have things to worry about.....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah, those pesky mayans, OR Rome and the Spanish who invaded, did the whole thing just for the benefitting of hoaxing all of us now. They're just laughing their heads off up there. Nothing to see, move along, move along.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The big thing to consider is the amount of people who believe something is going to happen and the power they control. This world of man is based on belief, not on rationality. It is a very dangerous and unpredictable world. I trust an animal more than man because I can predict their actions.

We can't create a huge solar flare but we can control how it effects our power grid and satellites with a little advanced preparation. We can't stop earthquakes from happening or create large quakes but we have the technology and nuclear ability to create medium size and small ones. By messing with the ores in the earth we can weaken the magnetic field, but I don't have enough information as to whether we can mess it up enough to make a worldwide difference.

So could a hoax cause the end of mankind? Yes it could under the right conditions.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

BTW, Mayans aren’t claiming that the end of the world is coming, only the end of their calendar is coming and a new one will be replacing the old one.
Well, yes and no.
They are saying that when the "age/world/calendar" ends that it wipes out mankind as well. Then with the new world there are new beings created. Kinda like the Aztecs (kind of the same thing).

It is the same as a person saying that every 100,000 years there is a flood and that 100,000 years ends on 12/21/12. They may believe it, but who was there 100,000 years ago to see the last one?

Maybe the Mayans are %100 right.
Maybe this world will end and the "New World Order" will start.
Maybe a "the likes of that never seen" EMP will hit us, killing every electronic we have. (this would be the end of the world)

The fact is we must first understand what the "end of the world" could mean, if it means everyone will die, then it will not happen.

Also if you are hosting a "end of the world party" I'm in lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe the end will really be on Dec 11, 2024* and no one will believe it next time.....that is, after Y2K and 12/21/12.

*same distance beyond 12/21/12 as "Y2K" was before it, fwiw (but 12/11/24 doesnt seem significant as a number per se but if 12/21/12 is the mid point and numerologically it is represented as 3-3-3 {sum of the digits if you dont count 20--} then the end period would be equivalent to "6-6-6").
edit on 24-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
12/21/12... We will rebuild

But seriously... lots of people on this board and in the world at large are scientifically illiterate. So they believe anything that contains buzz words like quantum and black hole. And the brilliant people behind the hoax have ca$$$hed in big time with books, documentaries, supplies and so on. Yep there really IS a tax on stupidity

Truth is that any kind of changes such as a large planetary body or black hole or even star approaching the Solar System would be felt decades in advance, not within a few days or months. Same thing for magnetic pole changes, it doesn't just happen overnight, it takes centuries.

So in the end I'm sure on 12/22/12 the usual excuses will be heard and the date "recalculated" based on newly found "secret manuscripts" and these "experts" just didn't want to cause panic with their revelations. yawn

But hey I'm sure the timewave zero "operator" posting his "science" will certainly find a new fractal to use in his posts

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think the reason this whole 2012 thing seems to have more weight than other previous "end of the world" predictions is due to where its coming from.

Christians believed the 100 year or 1000 year (calendar) dates were the end simply because it was an end to well a large number date. I believe it was common back in the year 1000 that everyone thought we were done.

The Y2K thing was based on our technology failing, combined with the year simply being 2000.(see above, same as 1000)

The Jehova's have predicted multiple dates (each one wrong)

The Zeta thing, is another "recent" and ever changing prediction.

The problem is some of these previous failures are simply piggy backing the "next" available end of date for their own use.

The Mayan date of 12/21/12 appeals to everyone....

The numbers 12/21/12 have a flow to them
The world appears to be a mess so the many religions are being adopted to suit and claim these as end times

The internet and communications in general make it instant and easy to see all disasters all over the world. This helps make it appear there are increased disasters (real or not)

Still, the mayans put this together 100's of years ago, and based it on math and astrology or science in general (psuedo). This gives it a little extra weight.

Lastly, life sucks in general for many many people and many of those think the only way to fix this world is to hit the re-set button. So they are on-board

Who knows if anything wil happen, i doubt anything big but i do wish for some sort of transendence for mankind

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

My post is alluding to the fact that nothing will happen on the 21st as well... Sorry to mislead you

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

LOL, I couldn't agree more! Humanity does need a reset, but why hate rave, it's nice actually now that I heard it. So.. obssessive...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

You are wrong and ignorant.

There is an increase in disasters and there will be an increase in disasters because that's nature, Earth is active and it will have its periods of increased activity which means mroe disasters. The sun maybe also have such at given periods.

And the weather does change, it's not the interent news leaving the impression

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

I suspect most of us are aware that the end is not going to end on December 21, 2012. Some believe it will, of course, but, you could have a story about flying monkeys landing on Pluto and you will find some who buy into it.

With all due respect, you have not really presented anything that has not been shown countless times before. So yes, I am aware that December 21, 2012 is going to be just another day.

Valiant efforts. I admit. But there will still be people who believe that the world is going to end.... And when we wake up on December 22nd and are all still alive and kicking, some one will come up with a new dooms day day.

Humans seem to be fascinated with the end of days.... A rather morbid fascination, but I suppose it makes sense to wonder about just how much time we all have here on Earth.

See you guys on December 22nd.

Peace and love
edit on 25-11-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 25-11-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join