It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Recipients Outnumber Populations of 24 States Combined

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I think the biggest misconception people get is that conservatives, libertarians, aren't against people who have to use foodstamps.

We're against the conditions, the policies that precipitated the use.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Making this political, and especially all about Obama is a very narrow minded perspective.

You give this man way too much credit and way too much blame.

Most of you people will never learn from the lessons of the past, or ever have the ability to see the true source of these problems and issues. Most of all you will fail completely to identify the true culprits and conspirators.

Someone told me once that politics are designed to make people ignorant and stupid, I am beginning to believe it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I just want to add, the foodstamp cards are a perfect indicator to Obama's policies.

He (Obama) doesn't want people off foodstamp cards. I'd be willing to guess that he'd prefer more people go on the dole (foodstamp-wise).

If you control the means to how and when people eat, you can control the populace.
edit on 24-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Seriously dude, the Republican party has plenty of brilliant people with some really good, but very anti-Democratic ideas. However, you aren't doing your party a favor by continuing to post mindless drivel on the internet in alleged "support" of your party.

edit on 11/24/2012 by MisterMarbles because: shapeshifters

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is outrageous! How dare they give people free food!

This money could be going toward building MORE BOMBS!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

So.

Does Bush get a pass from you as well? Or are just democrat presidents "puppets" who can get away with accepting no blame?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Food stamp money goes directly to private companies (supermarket chains) or small businesses (grocery stores) that would not get the retail sales otherwise, since the folks who get the food stamps would otherwise not be able to buy the food. The government, therefore, redistributes those tax dollars spent on the food stamp program directly to small, medium and large private sector retail businesses - essentially returning the tax dollars back to some of the very people who paid those tax dollars to the government in the first place. Oh, and they prevented the need for the poor people (or those in temporary tough straights) to steal those food items in order to survive by giving them the money to buy those food items. This isn't about government cheese, or bypassing the for-profit food industry.

What's your problem with that?
edit on 11/24/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMarbles

I just want to add, the foodstamp cards are a perfect indicator to Obama's policies.

He (Obama) doesn't want people off foodstamp cards. I'd be willing to guess that he'd prefer more people go on the dole (foodstamp-wise).

If you control the means to how and when people eat, you can control the populace.

Seriously dude, the Republican party has plenty of brilliant people with some really good, but very anti-Democratic ideas. However, you aren't doing your party a favor by continuing to post mindless drivel on the internet in alleged "support" of your party.

edit on 11/24/2012 by MisterMarbles because: shapeshifters

Sorry, "dude". But I'm not a republican. Haven't been since 06.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Nonsense. Like I said, just have Obama keep our entire paychecks, give us cards and make the decisions for us.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know that here in Colorado if you are a snap recipient you must do a community service or volunteer 26 hours a month. A family of four will receive 680 dollars a month for food. this would be equal to about $26.00 an hour if one was to get paid for volunteering.Cant remember the last time i ever earned 26 dollars an hour. Not a bad gig at all

edit on 24-11-2012 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I believe my line about lessons of the past can answer that.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Nonsense. Like I said, just have Obama keep our entire paychecks, give us cards and make the decisions for us.
I see your still Upset about the whole "Romney Landslide Thing".
Blaming Obama for a World Recession and the Fallout from it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'd be willing to agree with you. But I would also be willing to add that there isn't one politician from ( R ) or ( D ) in office right now who wouldn't be 100% with the man on that issue. Obama is just one guy. It is incredibly rare that I see people here on ATS complaining about the other politicians who are currently in office, it's always Obama Obama Obama. I regret to inform those people that he is already married...

Obama, along with all of his fellow politicians, are just doing the work of their "bosses." Their bosses being the ultra wealthy leaders of the world who run most of the really big businesses and tell the politicians, including the president, exactly what they are going to do.

I don't see any of you complaining about those leaders of the big businesses though... hell most of you defend them.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I see your still Upset about the whole "Romney Landslide Thing".
Blaming Obama for a World Recession and the Fallout from it.

Nope.

I want to see Obama's policies put into place.

Hell, I'd give anything to be proven wrong. I'd love to see a brighter future. More employed. More people with more money.

Please, please, prove me wrong. I'd be giddy! I'll put a god-damned (D) by my name if prosperity returns to America, if unemployment goes down, if people on foodstamps decrease, if people relying on government decrease.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

Obama is the president.

He is in charge.

In salute school, there is a saying. Your people get the fame, YOU get the blame.

He wanted the big chair with all that comes with it.

Well, he got it.,

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

My "lazy a##" will be 60 tomorrow and I have worked since I was 13. I did 6 and a half in the Navy. For the last 18 years I have been saving this country literally over a billion dollars. I became disabled 3 months ago. While I am very much against people abusing the system I am also sick to death of idiots who lump us all together or call Social Security or Medicare entitlements. I payed my way and others ways as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Whats the use of handing 47 Million poor people money? Educate them on how to make make it for themselves. Handing them a 1000 each wont help their situation, it might worsen it.

Throwing money at a problem has not proven effective throughout History. Billionaires already through money at all kinds of philanthropy but it doesn't change anything because the change must come start within the person in need and their immediate community.

Things like food, water, oxygen, are immediate needs items and seeing only long term solutions as appropriate when addressing these needs is pretty myopic. Thank God that our society is run by better thinkers than that.

No one can be educated if they are chronically hungry, lacking basic shelter, or cut adrift by society to fend for themselves. Well, they can become educated, but only in how to break through your security defenses and kill off you and your family in direct payback for allowing them to go hungry and live on the street.

The social contract (that was made by the entire society as a whole with itself, and funded by the tax dollars that our society agreed to pay - regardless of whether you agree with that contract or not) was made to ensure the survival of the society as a whole, and no matter what the conservative agenda insists, that contract will never be broken by the American government. To do so would be to ensure the collapse of this society, as has always been the net result of any society that has turned its back on its most vulnerable citizens.

The French Revolution saw the entire class of successful people marched to their deaths by those who didn't have a pot to piss in. Czarist Russia evaporated quickly under the onslaught of losers who had finally had enough of the winners among their midst, and between WWI and WWII, Germany showed how powerful the underclass can become when it sees absolutely no other alternative to yanking everything away from those who simply saw no reason to bother themselves with the plight of those who couldn't seem to get their act together and become successful.

It took less than a month for the entire Middle East to come apart as the have-nots took everything from the haves and for decades of sectarian rule to be blown to pieces by people who never had a thing other than sheer numbers and nothing to lose. In this nation, it'd probably happen in weeks if you got your way and no short term solution existed for penniless people.

If a solution fits on a bumper sticker, then it's wrong. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've just got to come in here and comment about how I love that so many people blame everything on poor people. You know, the people who have the least amount of money, power, and political control? It's hilarious.

...all while the big boys that refuse to shave a few percent off their profit margins in order to pay their employees a decent wage and/or keep jobs in our country.

This kind of thing is why the country is going downhill so fast.

Because while the people who actually have the control and power to do something about it are destroying the middle class with their policies, you people are too busy blaming it on single moms and people a bit down on their luck.

Yes, there is abuse in the system.

But you can be a hard worker and still be poor.
edit on 24-11-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

So, it's my responsibility to ensure your survival? Just wondering.

I know that sounds harsh, though, that is what family is for. You take care of each other.

---

You should also be able to rely on me as a NEIGHBOR, that i will help you if at all possible. However, when the government starts making me, i start getting a problem.
edit on 24-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join