<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Evasive, emotional and irrational

I was asking a real question Stormdancer

But - it's not difficult to take this reply as a genuine reply - it speaks volumes

So, one more time - please

Which government created this mess?

And, what is this America As We Know It - of which you speak?
edit on 11/25/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

I don't think its irrational or emotional. She gave you her response. Respect it. Don't ridicule it.

"WE THE PEOPLE" created the America, the politicians, and inept Government, we see today.

We let great ideas get overrun with bad bureaucracy, making these great ideas, inefficient. The system is broken, and there are those who take advantage of it, knowing full well that they can. That's not too hard to see. Its daily, and happens more often, then We want to admit.

Now, when it comes to this "current" administration, they have the opportunity to fix this mess, We have intrusted them to do this. The last administration, and the one before that added to this mess. Just MHO.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The first thing in finding a solution, though, is defining and identifying the problem.

:-)

uh huh...

Problem identified. Apparently, it's a government hell bent on bringing this economy to it's knees and making people dependent on them for food and stuff so they can...what?

What is it happens next?

Much obliged in advance beezzer - much obliged
edit on 11/25/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

I've gotten government assistance in the past, got back on my feet, built a business and pay in now. I've been trying to hire workers and can't get a single person to show up more than 2 days in a row! Sales job that pays well but requires good work ethic, you know, 5-6 hours a day.

If I lived closer, I could sure use that job...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't think its irrational or emotional. She gave you her response. Respect it. Don't ridicule it.

It wasn't an answer to my question

I'm still waiting

Your answer isn't an answer to my question either :-)

Ridicule is often in the eye of the beholder

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We're still assigning blame and not focusing on the issue.

The government now controls what and how 47 million people eat.

Everyone can agree that the numbers are accurate.

How do we get people OFF the government food card?

Or does the government want people to stay on it?

IMO the first step would have to implement wages that provide the basic needs. Although we as a people would have to agree on some sort of regulation on company profits as they relate to a worker's wage. We could start with no tax exemptions for companies that outsource more than 10% of its labor force. We could give tax credits for those companies that use American products and employs Americans. Able bodied individuals who can work must learn a trade through internships or they could work for the state in exchange for their benefits. However the state would be audited to insure they do not abuse the system by employing welfare recipients to avoid paying fair wages. Those able bodied individuals that remain on dependant on welfare can only receive benefits for two years. After two years they must provide documentation to insure that they have been diligent in seeking a job or training and to validate their need for assistance. Limit politicians' income so that it correlates with the average income of their constituents.Eliminate lobbyists or make it mandatory that any entity that uses lobbyists must contribute the same money allocated to lobbyists to the national debt. Last but not least we should take an isolationist approach to our military. If we involve our military for the interest of another country that country should reimburse us for the cost.Just my opinion. I would love to hear other ideas without the partisan rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Pointing fingers and assessing blame is in part how we got in this mess in the first place.

While everyone is playing partisan politics and working to win each election, between the election cycles things can only get worse, because no one is confronting the real issues, or even interested in discussing them, unless it can be blamed on "the other guy(s)" first.

The real problem in this country is partisan politics, everything else was simply agendas that were able to exploit the divisions in government by influencing one or the other side with the most power at the time.

America is defeated, and doomed. You're not interested in the real problems or the viable solutions.

Good luck when the collapse actually happens completely.

If we make it that far...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Insurrection over what? What kind of social engineering? Specific examples please.

I don't have any.

Yet.

Just speculating.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beezer,

In my post above, I outlined how it isn't just "the government" that wants the Temporary (per CBO) increase in the Food Card program, but it actually serves to subsidize businesses as well - they do not have to provide a livable wage, and instead the Minimum Wage is maintained. The CBO says by 2022 (see my post above) the Food Card program is projected to be at pre-recession levels.

The improvement of the economy, along with the phasing out of the extra stimulus funds disbursed in 2009 for the Food Card program will enable people to get off of the Food Card program. The improvement of the economy will also make a conversation about increasing the Minimum Wage a possibility, but I believe it is incredibly unpopular among business owners as it impacts their profits.

So, is it simply "the government" that "wants" people to stay on the Food Card program? I think not. I think the private sector business owners/corporations have a strong role to play in what is politically supportable. I think corps/bus. owners being very okay with people making less than is required for buying their own food is a huge problem with no easy fix. As to the government, they could pull the plug and get blamed for people starving, but it serves to keep the peace until businesses, through the political will of people and party, are made to provide a livable wage. I won't hold my breath...

peace,
AB

edit on 25-11-2012 by AboveBoard because: clarity

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It seems "satisfaction" to getting a question answered is also in the eye of the beholder.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

It seems "satisfaction" to getting a question answered is also in the eye of the beholder.

Peace.

A star for that sonny :-)

And I can't seem to get none - not in this thread anyhow...

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Again .. my question ... is this ineptitude by Washington DC or is it part of a larger
plan by TPTB (higher up than Bush or Obama) to make people depend on government so
those people can be controlled??

the Bankers in tandem with the Fedferal Reserve caused the collapse of the debt/credit expansion economy where 'full' employment was a key factor...

but they figured that they could no longer support that economic model, so they pulled the rug under our collective feet--- and enjoy an infinity of quarterly payments on both the old accrued debt and the 'safety net' deficits the government now has to pay the forever unemployed... or else sabotage and mayhem and a growing group of nihlists/ self defined militas intent on bringing Anarchy to the political landscape will result.

the banker elites saw the huge influx of illegal immigrants, decided that there was no use continuing the charade of a expanding economy with full employment and increased standard -of-living as a sustainable model... the Banker guild Elites left the bureaucrats/lawmakers hang themselves... as the banker system would be flush with wealth for the next 4 generations (if the society would remain sheeple for that long) just riding the old debt returns owed the Banker system from 1913 onward (1913... the creature from Jeckyll Island.)

see: Anarchists...
topdocumentaryfilms.com...
(8 part video link)
edit on 25-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think repubs should have to pay the huge fed debt created be the free market experiment. That has been the biggest waste of money in human history.

In exchange us demos will pay for welfare and food stamps.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I think repubs should have to pay the huge fed debt created be the free market experiment. That has been the biggest waste of money in human history.

I think "WE THE PEOPLE" should hit the reset button.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Maybe in a way, it already has been "hit"

Sometimes something so huge is set in motion with so much destructive force that nothing, or no one can stop it.

Maybe for a while we "survivors" will have to start over in a barter and trade economy.

Got something you need?

Find someone who has it, and needs something you have. Got nothing? Too bad, sucks to be you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Ideally, yes. But practically?

Here's how I'm "fleshing" this out.

We have the symptom of 47 million on foodstamps.

But is lack of jobs the problem, or is it another symptom?

We have government taxation inhibiting business from hiring.

So are taxes the problem?

Or are taxes the symptom of government spending.

Yet government spending, in part, provides for foodstamp programmes.

And 'round and 'round it goes. . . . . .

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hear ya.

But........

Many on Government assistance ARE working.

Once you get these "benefits" you rely on them. Complacency and a "whats in it for me" mentality. Even if you do need these services, to get by.

That has to change also.

I can get ALL those benefits, that the Government says I'm "due". I decide not to. Do you think the next man, down the line would do that?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
CHANGE, change we need, clap clap, change , change we need clap clap, nod head nod head , change, change we need clap clap nod head nod head !!!

i love all the changes taking place, its awesome. no really, truly freakin AWESOME

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Those are big numbers. And not good. Why are they not good? Becuase the government wants them to be even BIGGER.

They RELISH this dependency. And want MORE of it.

Here are a few sources. I could post a hundred more. Make no mistake, the government wants to OWN you. because when they do, they have purchased your vote. Because most of the sheep vote with their wallets.

dailycaller.com...

money.cnn.com...

www.kfvs12.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No the only reason people keep voting democratic, versus republican, is because most of us fail to see what another big tax break for business will do for the people, or the economy.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

well that would certainly put an end to the overpopulation problem wouldnt it..
End food stamps, welfare,
I'm sorry but I don't agree that putting big corporate tax breaks and bail outs ahead of people not being able to eat, is such a good thing to do.

When that happens we will be a 3rd world country.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join