It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arafat Poisoned Just Like Litvinenko, Polonium 210!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The body of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat is to be exhumed on Tuesday,

Palestinian officials say. His body is to undergo tests to find out whether his death in Paris in 2004 was caused by poisoning. Arafat's medical records say he had a stroke resulting from a blood disorder

But France began a murder inquiry in August after Swiss experts hired by a documentary crew found radioactive polonium-210 on Arafat's personal effects

link

I have personally always been of the view that Arafat was assassinated, this news could be massive. Polonium 210, the same poison used to kill the Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko has been detected amongst his personal effects raising the possibility that Arafat may have been poisoned by the same toxic substance in his prison cell. So strong is this suspicion that he is to be exhumed and a murder inquiry has been launched in France.

If poisoned then by whom, what makes this so interesting is the method; even the way he died seems shockingly similar to that of Litvinenko’s death.

edit on 11/24/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- Quote is for INTERNAL content, EX tags are used for EXTERNAL content. Please use appropriate tags.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Same suspect.

Same "weapon", same "killer"...
S&F.

edit on 24-11-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is really a stretch... First he was infected with AIDS then it was some designer virus..and now a radioactive element so toxic yet SO short lived, it's like signing one's name to it. That was the point with Litvinenko. After all, he was an FSB Defector and Putin HATES disloyalty. Lethally, apparently. Why Arafat though? This is a huge degree of trouble to even joke about going to...and then figure no one in the French hospital noticed he was 'hot' and no one around or treating him prior to leaving the West Bank was affected? I know about Alpha particles and the fact a sheet of paper or skin is sufficient shielding but people had close contact to care?

Well.. we'll know real soon, When he tests positive for none of it, maybe people can finally allow for the fact he wasn't immortal and died like every other man before and since. I never understood why old age from a very elderly man was hard to accept? It's not like he lived a quiet life...He was a fighter/terrorist almost all of it. It's amazing he lived as old as he did. Almost no one in his line of work makes it remotely close. Hmmm..

edit on 24-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Arafat was another child killing murderer. The raid on the Israeli baby nursery was one of his more daring raids . I think he mellower too much for the hardline Islamist . They had the most reason to kill him . Of course blame it on the Jews .His love for little boys must have been an embarrasment for the Pals . If not there is a real problem there ! But then Mohammad should have been !

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

BS! If Israel wanted him gone they would have killed him many many years before he died. This is just more Arab propaganda at its best.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The izraelis killing people? Nooooooo

Thats crazy!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

BS! If Israel wanted him gone they would have killed him many many years before he died. This is just more Arab propaganda at its best.
Interesting assertion. I'm sure you can back up that propaganda thing, right?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just to point out I never said who killed him just pointed out that this new information shows that the method is similar to litvinenko

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Interesting assertion. I'm sure you can back up that propaganda thing, right?

Israel could have killed Arafat any time they felt like it.

Israeli tanks, armor and troops moved in force into the West Bank city of Ramallah before dawn today, encircling Yasir Arafat's headquarters compound and putting the whole sprawling city under curfew.

The Israeli Army said it was surrounding Mr. Arafat's headquarters so that people it wanted to arrest could not take refuge there, rather than attacking it as it did last Thursday when it wrecked most of the compound with bulldozers and explosive charges. The Thursday raid followed a Palestinian suicide bombing that killed 17 people, including 13 soldiers, when a car laden with explosives blew up next to a civilian bus in northern Israel.

With Apache helicopter gunships overhead, Israeli tanks moved through the streets, warning over loudspeakers that people leaving their homes would be shot. House-to-house searches were under way, and at 6 this morning, the army reported it had arrested nine suspected terrorists.
Source
I'm surprised at how many folks don't recall major world events just 8-10 years ago. Israel made a habit of surrounding him and his compound and did it on numerous occasions. Any one of those times they could have raided it and killed him on the spot. I recall it openly discussed in the media at the times. The logic I most often heard and what still would have held true to his death was that Israel killing him would have made him far more powerful a martyr in death than an old failed statesman in life. It was better to let him die as nature took it's course and no one was in that big a hurry as I recall watching it.

I know this didn't happen yesterday...but this short term memory issue as if 10 years ago was 40 and 20 years, a century is getting a little hard on the debates.... Reaffirming what was common knowledge and simply par for the course of daily events a mere number of years ago is baffling at times.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Israel could have killed Arafat any time they felt like it.
Certainly. I'm just calling shenanigans on knee-jerk apologism and bafflegab. There is a complex story here, and it won't get sorted out by rectal sourcing of 'facts'

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Certainly. It'll get sorted out by the forensic investigators that are going to do the best they can now for an autopsy. At least he wasn't cremated or something. It would be a mystery forever then. Now we'll know for certain and in very short order. If they did kill him by artificial means? I'd say there is some serious explaining to be done by someone. If not? Well.. At least this will put the rumors to bed forever. Either way, the world ought to win by knowing.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Aren't you jumping the gun a little?

From what I understand, his body has not been exhumed yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

In all honesty, I expected your OP to be founded on BS and my assumption was wrong.

*IF* it is somehow found to be true and he was assassinated it'll be hard to definitively prove who did it...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

that is very true but I think by the very fact that they have found enough evidance to sugest it may be polonium posioning to exhume his body shows that this is a serious claim

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
*IF* it is somehow found to be true and he was assassinated it'll be hard to definitively prove who did it...
Cui Bono, Dude...cui bono,

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No, the butler did it in the kitchen with a knife.

Why does anyone care about how a Nobel prize winning terrorist pedophile died?

He was old, his days were numbered anyway, maybe it was a mercy killing?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
No, the butler did it in the kitchen with a knife.
Why does anyone care about how a Nobel prize winning terrorist pedophile died?
He was old, his days were numbered anyway, maybe it was a mercy killing?
It's a conspiracy site...deal with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Def agree that it was an assassination.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The French tested for Radiation Poisoning before Arafat died . The French scientist said there is no way radiation poisoning could have gone unnoticed . There would have been massive radiation within the body and caretakers would have been exposed . The effort to hide his Aids infection no doubt left open the door for accusations to be made against the Jews . Israel no doubt perferred him over the more radical leaders so it wasn't Israel . And Israel could use him to suppress the more radical Arabs .

top topics

join