It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Rainbow Warrior"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I take it that everyone remembers when the French Secret Service, in their finest hour, attached a limpet mine to the hull of the Green Peace ship "Rainbow Warrior"?????

She was moored alongside in Auckland Harbour, New Zealand, taking on supplies before she was due to sail to the French nulclear testing area in the Pacific. Her mission was to stop the French testing a nuclear device.

2 x French SS Operators (one man and one woman) donned wetsuits and SCBUA and attached a charge to the ships hull, which detonated and sank the ship.

I believe that one person was killed in the attack.

I was wondering what ever happened to the 2 French SS Operators. I seem to remember that they were caught........but were they ever tried and imprisoned????

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
On July 12, 1985, two of the six bombers were found, interviewed at length, arrested and sent to trial, and although they were operating under orders, eventually imprisoned for 5 years. The others, though identified and although three were interviewed by the New Zealand Police on Norfolk Island, where they had escaped in the yacht Ouvea, were not arrested due to lack of evidence. The Ouvea subsequently sailed for Noum�a but disappeared. Most of the agents remain in French government service. In 1987, under heavy international pressure, the French government paid $8.16 million compensation to Greenpeace.

Reference

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The two agents who were sentanced to five years were transferred to french custody in an agreement between the NZ and French governments to try and prevent tit for tat political and economic measures against each other (ie.legal agreements, telling NZ travellers they couldnt go to France and vis vie).

I think less than two years into the sentence both agents were released by French Authorities on compassionate and medical grounds. Never heard of again that I know of.

Some might want to check that.

A photographer crewman on RW was killed when the limpet mine sent it to the bottom.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
craigandrew appears to be correct.

Ref: The Rainbow Warrior Affair

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So how do we rate this on the 'bravery scale'???.

The French government send a covert special ops team, from their Secret Service halfway around the world on a top priority mission. The mission...........to stop a handful of souls who want the French to stop testing nukes, because of the adverse effect the testing would have on the Earths eco system.

These brave 'Agents of France' then attach a military limpet mine to an unarmed civilian ship and sink it in a friendly nations territorial waters. In the process an unarmed photographer dies.

What a GREAT DAY FOR THE FRENCH!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
I think less than two years into the sentence both agents were released by French Authorities on compassionate and medical grounds. Never heard of again that I know of.

CIA wetjob to teach the French a lesson.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
2 x French SS Operators (one man and one woman) donned wetsuits and SCBUA and attached a charge to the ships hull, which detonated and sank the ship.

I actually supported the French on this one......I had forgottent that one.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What, supported their act of terrorism?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah right...........way to go edsinger!.......I guess that you are a memebr of the NRA too???????

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Greenpeace is a fine example of "NATURE NAZIS". They need to lighten up a tad. Although the French agents caused the death on this incident, many of the tactics used by Greenpeace are meant to kill and maim.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Greenpeace is a fine example of "NATURE NAZIS". They need to lighten up a tad. Although the French agents caused the death on this incident, many of the tactics used by Greenpeace are meant to kill and maim.

How on earth did you manage to work that one out????. Really I'm curious???

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hold on BillyTheCat I am going to do a Google search on "Greenpeace incident" and I will be back to post the significant results. You must be really young, or really naive if you think Greenpeace is going to "save the planet". These are goons who "get off" on confrontation and conflict. Should the world be saved tomorrow they would just join another GANG.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Do any of you ever stop to think what a crap state the planet would be in, if it were left to multi national corporations and governments to "Do the right thing"?????

At the end of the day one thing matters to these people...........MONEY.

Now I have stated my background on previous occasions. I have even investigated some so called "Environmental Groups" some of which consist of left wing trouble makers who use the groups as a front. Yes these groups should be disbanded. Why???? because they tarnish the reputation of others who care about this planets future.

BUT

If it were not for Green Peace then who would the big companies have watching them that they act in a responsible manner???

At the end of the day a man lost his life in an act of 'terroism'. To say that you supported the French governments actions is an outrage!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Do any of you ever stop to think what a crap state the planet would be in, if it were left to multi national corporations and governments to "Do the right thing"?????

At the end of the day one thing matters to these people...........MONEY.

Now I have stated my background on previous occasions. I have even investigated some so called "Environmental Groups" some of which consist of left wing trouble makers who use the groups as a front. Yes these groups should be disbanded. Why???? because they tarnish the reputation of others who care about this planets future.

BUT

If it were not for Green Peace then who would the big companies have watching them that they act in a responsible manner???

At the end of the day a man lost his life in an act of 'terroism'. To say that you supported the French governments actions is an outrage!

I am so sorry that GREENPEACE IS VIEWED AS THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN when it comes to protesting and lobbying for an environmental agenda. They could do so much more if they would only moderate themselves a tiny little bit. They are seen as being TOO EXTREME for alot of people to who are dieing to support environmental issues, but cannot bear to have blood on their hands.

[edit on 10-23-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A few years ago, my local government authority planned to construct a new dual carriageway road through a Co-disposal (commercial and household waste) landfill site. This site was next to a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and the run off of toxic leachate caused by the construction of the road would have wiped out the SSSI.
At no expense to local residents, Greenpeace scientists in investigated the site. Together with residents doing their own investigations into the murky past of this landfill, the road route was diverted.

Not exactly the actions of Nazis was it?

groingrinder you've had long enough. Found any proof to back up your assertion that Greenpeace tactics are meant to kill and maim?

zero lift

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So the French government were justified to authorise a covert operation to sink the "Rainbow Warrior" then??. What a load of tosh!

I thought that this site was all about the TRUTH and being open minded???

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
groingrinder you've had long enough. Found any proof to back up your assertion that Greenpeace tactics are meant to kill and maim?
zero lift

I was just thinking the same thing, I did a quick google myself. Let's see what you have to show us.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I may well be wrong here. but i seem to remember someone either telling me that the rainbow job was shall we say contracted out to "control risks" a very nice little outfit that grew out of keenie meanie in the 80`s.
Like i said i maybe wrong, it was either rainbow incident or something to do with the french nuke tests in the atolls few years back, sorry i cant find out for 100% as my informer died about 3 weeks ago. nice guy real dirty prev and drank like a fish , if i ever asked him a intresting question like who really did 9-11( sorry yes i have my doubts) he would just smile and say does it matter(btw im not saying he would know, but he was a intresting person and the nearest to ptb ill ever meet, he actually meet bin laden in the 80`s in saudi, said hes one tall mofo and his eyes are what you remember about him)

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey was your friend with KMS or CRG.......if so drop me a line I may know him

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To Be honest billy. he never talked much about who he was working for etc, i can tell you some of the places he has been , maybe it will help you,

falklands,northern ireland, columbia,el salavdor/honduros,africa(mainly southern i believe need a map,lol)afghanistan, iraq,iran,oman,saudi,jordan,beruit.

he never talked much about stuff not openly you had back him into a corner, he always said its just same as hassling a car mechanic when he gets home.

no idea if he was shall we say"regiment or anything else" i know he was orginally in paras , and he at rest now, he was a close friend of the family.
all i can tell you is who ever he worked for he seen alot of #, and ive personelly seen him kick ass. and it was dam scary, he always he said what scared him more than anything was his reactions, switching off was a big problem for him i believe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join