It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isnt this a VERY REAL threat to some degree or nothing to worry about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I live in Eastern North Carolina and I watch what is happening around me, and the the rest of the world since finding myself here at home on ATS every day.I do this because i want to know about natural and man made events so i have an upperhand on the locals around me to bad events in order to get my family out of harms way first, before the news gets out about something. Not to say i am a "doomer", but for this month and December I choose to be on a heightened alert. I am Prepped and as ready as we were able to afford, which isnt very shabby, i feel.
I personally believe that alot of bad things are happening now with more frequency and larger scale. I also personally believe that they seem to fit in with prophecy,Biblical and others.They also seem to tie in nicely with stellar explanations, global warming, resource depletion, max. populations,Economic depression,etc.etc.Either way it looks like an inescapable rocky "row ta hoe" if you get what im saying.
I never see the sinkhole on the news and dont see alot of updates here either. I was just wondering does this hole to seem to bother anyone else here, and if there are any ATSers here that are near this "void"?
Damned if id be there!

politicalvelcraft.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I must say that we do live in strange times today, and as you quite rightly say a lot of people are prepared for the end of the world, some have spend years and loads of money preparing for it too, but no the end of the world simply wont happen, mind you each one of us will see the end of the world when we drop off the perch after our life ends, some sooner than others, but it's no good putting food away for that event, so most prepers food and water stocks wont ever be used will it?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

If you are talking about the Lousiana sinkhole?, I see updates on that here on ATS everyday.

There is a thread that I always see in the recent posts section, but the Search engine here is not to good. But it does bring up plenty of other threads on that sinkhole.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As I was surfing tv last night (which is rare) I stumbled upon the prepper show.

I couldn't help but think of all the children they could be feeding now will the abundance of food they had.

They (preppers) are stocking up on the essentials and necessary things for survival... I get it but at the same time my mind wonders what they are really preparing for. If you prepare for an earthquake... thats one thing. ok.
But no one knows what event may happen in the future. Do you need to be underground? Maybe not. Do you need..... the list goes on.

Live for today and do not worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow has its owns worries of which we have no control over.

As selfish as it may be to hoard food, I do understand.... but for me and my household we will trust in a higher power. We will all die one day, that is inevitable so live for today and have no worries.

The natural disasters the Earth cooks up is not something we have control over... we just cannot foresee the future so enjoy the ride and note all the weird happenings but do not be alarmed. Be alert.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

I never see the sinkhole on the news and dont see alot of updates here either. I was just wondering does this hole to seem to bother anyone else here, and if there are any ATSers here that are near this "void"? Damned if id be there!

HERE IS A THREAD with plenty of updates and a lot of info about the dangers of the gasses coming out of it. It currently runs to 22 pages.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I however am not looking at it from a end of the world scenario. Bad ,big things happen, people pass from them and, if preventable i want to avoid the situation as a whole!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do believe there is something to be concerned about. Things are cyclical yet when I see some of the elderly that have been around longer then I and they are concerned, it raises the red flag for me. What are the threats to our current way of life, I do not know but something is off. I have read so many different theories on 12/21/12. I do believe that I will be here on the 22nd. What I question is why some people are looking forward to doom.

There is a difference between hording food and just being prepared, just in case. I read of some lady who unexpectedly lost her job, because of her food storage she was able to feed her family. I think that is the bottom line, being able to care for you and yours.

BTW- I have been watching the sinkhole news since the beginning. Yes the gases found are dangerous but it is common in the Gulf of Mexico area.

edit on 24-11-2012 by AuntB because: add BTW

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That prepers TV program has been brill, I watched all 12 weeks each Weds of them, next week it is UK prepers on that chan on Sky TV, will see that too. But honestly seeing the amount of food these people store for the end of times as they call it it is a lot of good food been wasted I fear.
Also to see how big 99% of the people were that were doing prepers I think most will die from that than any type of end of world situation, one bloke was 29 st, a woman was 27 stone, wow more likely need medical help than a nuclear bomb shelter hi hi.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
As I was surfing tv last night (which is rare) I stumbled upon the prepper show.

I couldn't help but think of all the children they could be feeding now will the abundance of food they had.

They (preppers) are stocking up on the essentials and necessary things for survival... I get it but at the same time my mind wonders what they are really preparing for. If you prepare for an earthquake... thats one thing. ok.
But no one knows what event may happen in the future. Do you need to be underground? Maybe not. Do you need..... the list goes on.

Live for today and do not worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow has its owns worries of which we have no control over.

As selfish as it may be to hoard food, I do understand.... but for me and my household we will trust in a higher power. We will all die one day, that is inevitable so live for today and have no worries.

The natural disasters the Earth cooks up is not something we have control over... we just cannot foresee the future so enjoy the ride and note all the weird happenings but do not be alarmed. Be alert.

Well, I bet the New York preppers were glad they did, and those the preppers helped in there days of need.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well, I bet the New York preppers were glad they did, and those the preppers helped in there days of need.
reply to post by pikestaff

Who do you know prepped for a flood living in New York? Did they have a canoe with all of their supplies on it or something?

Im not downing anyone for prepping.... all I am saying is for ME... I wont worry about things I have no control over.

Its as simple as that.

My luck I would hoard all kinds of things including but not limited to food and I will have no way to get to them or they will go bad in depths of water out of my control or possibly the depths of the earth, When it is my time... its time.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by MamaJ

That prepers TV program has been brill, I watched all 12 weeks each Weds of them, next week it is UK prepers on that chan on Sky TV, will see that too. But honestly seeing the amount of food these people store for the end of times as they call it it is a lot of good food been wasted I fear.
Also to see how big 99% of the people were that were doing prepers I think most will die from that than any type of end of world situation, one bloke was 29 st, a woman was 27 stone, wow more likely need medical help than a nuclear bomb shelter hi hi.

I hate to throw out leftovers as I know there are plenty of hungry children in my city alone much less the world so when I watched it last night that was the thought that came into mind. I really hope that when and or if shtf and the food is needed it is not a waste. That right there would not beneficial at all....to anyone.

I live in in Tennessee. We have the threat of flooding, tornadoes and earthquakes so which do I prepare for? If an asteroid landed or the Sun blew off a massive flare we would be toast within minutes. It just seems pointless to me. Again, my luck I would not be able to get to the items that are needed.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't understand what you are saying, could you explain please? Trying to set some things aside = hoarding?

My grandparents had names for the places you put food you will need beyond the next few days - a pantry and a root cellar; not a hoard.

Keeping non-perishables, buying what you use, rotating and using what you buy = being selfish & depriving children of food??? What?

Live for tomorrow, don't worry, and if anything bad happens we can't do anything about it and we all die someday anyway? Be fatalistic, but also alert? Why? Does being alert help make fatalism more enjoyable? Besides, not everyone subscribes to the predestined and fatalistic viewpoint in life.

And you wonder what are people who prepare really preparing for? Well, pardon me, but I don't think it is irrational to have some food and water stored that you could use if for whatever reason you couldn't get them via the usual means. That is what most people who "prepare" are preparing for. Even our own beloved government advises its citizens to set aside enough food and water for a minimum of 3 days in case of an emergency not a bunch of things for a list of specific emergencies.

As far as this Doomsday Preppers (disinfo show, IMO), do you think they'd put a reasonable and representative sample of "prepping" people on a TV show?

Are they supposed to bore people to death with prudence?

Or do you infer from a TV show that anyone who "preps" is as loony as the sensational cases they air for ratings on TV?

What you write makes no sense to me. Your logic seems to be that if you don't know exactly what emergency is going to arise, then you should just not prepare at all, even with measures that would be useful in a range of different emergencies. Just because you can't prepare for them all it does not follow that you should not prepare for any.

Also: "Im not downing anyone for prepping.... all I am saying is for ME... I wont worry about things I have no control over."

Not downing anyone for prepping? That's exactly what you are doing -- writing that they are selfish and abusive to those in need (for not feeding children with that abundance food that they store).

What, by the way, do you do to help feed all of those children in need, besides feel guilty when you throw away leftovers, hmm? Something about casting stones...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by louczar
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't understand what you are saying, could you explain please? Trying to set some things aside = hoarding?

My grandparents had names for the places you put food you will need beyond the next few days - a pantry and a root cellar; not a hoard.

Keeping non-perishables, buying what you use, rotating and using what you buy = being selfish & depriving children of food??? What?

Live for tomorrow, don't worry, and if anything bad happens we can't do anything about it and we all die someday anyway? Be fatalistic, but also alert? Why? Does being alert help make fatalism more enjoyable? Besides, not everyone subscribes to the predestined and fatalistic viewpoint in life.

And you wonder what are people who prepare really preparing for? Well, pardon me, but I don't think it is irrational to have some food and water stored that you could use if for whatever reason you couldn't get them via the usual means. That is what most people who "prepare" are preparing for. Even our own beloved government advises its citizens to set aside enough food and water for a minimum of 3 days in case of an emergency not a bunch of things for a list of specific emergencies.

As far as this Doomsday Preppers (disinfo show, IMO), do you think they'd put a reasonable and representative sample of "prepping" people on a TV show?

Are they supposed to bore people to death with prudence?

Or do you infer from a TV show that anyone who "preps" is as loony as the sensational cases they air for ratings on TV?

What you write makes no sense to me. Your logic seems to be that if you don't know exactly what emergency is going to arise, then you should just not prepare at all, even with measures that would be useful in a range of different emergencies. Just because you can't prepare for them all it does not follow that you should not prepare for any.

Also: "Im not downing anyone for prepping.... all I am saying is for ME... I wont worry about things I have no control over."

Not downing anyone for prepping? That's exactly what you are doing -- writing that they are selfish and abusive to those in need (for not feeding children with that abundance food that they store).

What, by the way, do you do to help feed all of those children in need, besides feel guilty when you throw away leftovers, hmm? Something about casting stones...

You must be hoarding food too.

Look.... Get it through your head.... I (ME) will nto worry about tomorrow. IF YOU WANT TO.... HOARD AWAY!!!

In an earlier post I said to I suggest being alert but not running around preparing for the end of the world. Its silly in my opinion and if you think different then by all means, knock yourself out.

You are ranting off an opinion. Really? lol Don't you have anything better to do .... maybe prepare for the end of the world. A 3 day supply IS NOT WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT. That is different.

A pantry filled with food is not something we were talking about either . We were talking about the prepper show on tv and how much food they had. Its ridiculous.... TO ME = Not you. So be it.

And pardon me too..... don't get your hair all frazzled. lol This is just a thread and NOT the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I see prepping as kind of unnecessary. Honestly if the world was engulfed in flames and everyone died..and i was safe in my lil bunker underground...i'd prly kill myself a short while later out of sheer boredom

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I've only watched Prepper's a couple of times. IMO, it's a made for TV and exaggerated.

But let's just pretend for a minute it's 100% true. So what! If that's how some people choose to live their life, so be it! It's no skin off your nose.

While it may not not be something I choose to do, it's something they have chosen to do. To each his own.

It's no different than my saying: I think people who live in NY city, in a 3 room apartment costing $3500.00 a month are crazy! Are they really crazy? No! That's just how they choose to live their life.

Once again, I say. So be it.

edit on 25-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join