It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS... Help me build my magnetic rail inspired Centrifugal Flying Saucer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Science was never my strong point at school.

But, whatever material it must be, must be super super strong, like Superman strenght.

I was riding my bike down hill the other year, and a fly flew into my face, and it bloody hurt. And then I thought, if i was travellign at a thousand miles an hour, the fly would have hurt more. If i was travelling at 10,000 miles an hour, the fly would have caused me damage. So what damage would a small stone floating in space cause, if it hit a spaceship travelling as fast as the speed of light?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MazMaric
So what damage would a small stone floating in space cause, if it hit a spaceship travelling as fast as the speed of light?

the mind that could produce a spaceship to fly at such a speed probably wouldn't leave this as an option to occur
i would think laws of physics are proportional
things that happen pre light speed may not apply
speed of light physics are mostly theories until we acquire "experience with knowledge" to produce wisdom in it

i will add this though
we are beginning to scratch this surface with supercoliders like cern
could light itself be infused with conscience like a lasers infusion of energy into light?
could light travel through any and all nuclei ?
could conscience be separated at a later point then at target in time ?

current knowledge tells light has struggles with black holes
that to me would be more a concern

as a rock in space is just atoms to be separated if they have to be at speed of light anyway

btw
i too am very limited in scientific knowledge and wisdom
so to those who can correct me where i'm wrong...please do
please enlighten us if you care
edit on 3-12-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think the OP should focus more on atmospheric flight methods than space-travel.
Once easy-atmospheric flight is conquered THEN you should worry about near-light-speed antics.

As it stands now there's a very controlled industry on flight-craft in this world.
It's either too expensive, too regulated or too complex for joe blow to get airborne.

THAT is what need's to be looked into first and foremost.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
I think the OP should focus more on atmospheric flight methods than space-travel.
Once easy-atmospheric flight is conquered THEN you should worry about near-light-speed antics.

As it stands now there's a very controlled industry on flight-craft in this world.
It's either too expensive, too regulated or too complex for joe blow to get airborne.

THAT is what need's to be looked into first and foremost.

Buy a Chessna here: www.aircraft24.com.... 37.000 €, I nearly paid that much for my car. What I want to say is that flight itself is not soo expensive. You need a license, thats right. And some kind of runway. Otherwise, you are set with a bird like from the site mentioned above.

Of course, you could build yourself a plane. If you are capable to. I wouldn't. If my car got stuck, I would drive to the sideway and wait for help. Not a chance for that high up in the sky..

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MazMaric

Since the speed of light is 770 million miles per hour, you might want to rethink your question first.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join