It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox game recommendations for an out of touch player?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I got my hands on an Xbox yesterday, so need to get a game or two.
I'm pretty poor at games, I seem to plato very quickly and can't get very far. I get stuck on a level, so start hunting for cheats or just give up. I never play online because it's full f teenagers who are a different breed who seem to have advanced to a new evoluionary development in video gaming, leaving people like me feeling like a cave man.

I just want a bit of fun a good distraction, a bit of strategy, but not anything that will require me to donate too much time or concentration.

So what do you recommend? Imagine you were recommending a game to a parent o r elderly relative.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If you're into shoot 'em up games, Black Ops 2 is a lot of fun. Good gameplay and the 3 modes offered provide a lot of variety and replayable value. The most popular alternative that the kids are playing these days is Halo 4.

One of my favorites is Red Dead Redemption. It's the best western game ever made.

You could probably pick up Splinter Cell: Conviction pretty cheap. It's a spy game that's a lot of fun and requires the most strategy of all of them. But, like the others, there is a lot of freedom allowed to the player. Take the stealthy approach or go in guns blazing, your choice.

edit on 11/24/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Fable 1, 2 and 3.

They're beautiful games, have an engaging storyline, have a million different things you can do and aren't too difficult to play.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think Fallout or The Elder Scrolls series are games you want to look at. They are offline games with great graphics and amazing game play. Not very hard to learn or play and doesn't require very much quick thinking or super speedy finger work for the most part. A nice fun and casual play for the solo gamer.
edit on 24/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
assassin's creed is pretty good and a couple of them have been out a while so should be quite cheap

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I would recommend Skyrim for you my friend. You can start an epic adventure and play the game at your leisure.

It is an open world with really no rules. Just explore, have fun and see what you can find.

I highly recommend this for your first xbox 360 game. It is absolutely beautiful!

Any of the Elder Scrolls games are good. Google them, the older ones are cheap.
edit on 11/24/2012 by mcx1942 because: wording

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm not really a console gamer, I own a PS3 but barely use it. PC games for me.

That said, any of the 'Grand Theft Autos' are amazing console games, if you're not into the fantasy stuff.

Driving, flying, shooting and hookers. What more could you ask for from a game?
edit on 24-11-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Fallout 3 should be your first game. Fable 2 should be your second. Both are fairly easy to play, easy to learn and friggin awesome. Both are fun and single player only.

You might also like Enslaved: Odyssey to the west

Also, Rayman Origins is a really cool 2-d jumping and exploring game that is intuitive and easy to play.

You can also try Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing if you'd like a quick and fun Kart racing game.

You have to realize though you aren't likely going to find anything really really simple or easy to pickup and play. Games have evolved a lot and all of them are fairly complicated and require some time investment to learn how to play. Most games these days include a tutorial though so you should be okay.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I think Fallout or The Elder Scrolls series are games you want to look at. They are offline games with great graphics and amazing game play. Not very hard to learn or play and doesn't require very much quick thinking or super speedy finger work for the most part. A nice fun and casual play for the solo gamer.
edit on 24/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Fast finger work and quick thinking are not my strong points, so this sounds interesting, thank you.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
If you like First Person Shooters:
Halo CE, 2, 3, 4, and Reach. 4 being the best IMO.
Personally I think CoD is very boring, but if you havne't played games recently then they won't seem samey to you.

If you like open world games:
(Shooters)
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto IV
(Swords n stuff)
Skyrim
Obvlivion
Morrowind
Fable 1, 2, 3
Assassins Creed I, II, III, Brotherhood and Revalations. III being the latest and best IMO.

If you like racing:
Forza (not sure of all the titles)

These are all my favorite games, I feel like I'm missing some though... My favorite 2 are Halo 4 and Fallout New Vegas. The fallout games are absolutely fantastic, they have great stories, missions, music and a very unique feel as well as excellent DLC. All of those games except maybe Halo are quite casual and easy to grasp.
edit on 24-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I second this! look at my track record it takes a lot for me to agree with well anyone

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think Skyrim would work for you.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I picked up an X-box cheep as well a day or so ago, after the whole black friday rush madness. However only games I play on my 360 now a days that I got are Halo 4, Gears of war 3, was planing on getting black ops 2 maybe, but i think for how long I play video games now a days those 2 games will occupy me for a while, and really most people get the x-box for those 2 games anyways.

But there are lots of good games for the x-box, and seeing as most games are cross platforms I think you should check out some of the exclusive games that are or were only on the X-box 360. I played some of them and there pretty good, even if they got bad reviews there worth the buy, some of them are a few years old by now and you could pick them up pretty cheep. A few games that stick out off the top of my head.

Infinite Undiscovery: Got a crapy review but its a good rpg one I would play over again.
The Last Remnant: Same thing, a really rpg which if I actually find a copy will buy it.
Nier: Awesome game, some crazy far out there things but its one of the best games ever made.
Dark Souls: the successor to demon souls which was a ps3 only game, its one of the best action rpg games out there.
Mark of the ninja: Heard its a good pick up and play arcade type game.
The witcher: Unless you have a computer that can play this game and the second, then you should pick it up for the x box.
Ninja blade: Good action game, worth a play-through.
Alan awake: Another x box exclusive worth the bucks.
Fable: A good game I never really got much into the fable series but you may like them.
Forza Motorsport: If your into racing the forza games are were its at.

And off-course if your into just mindless shooting and fun, which is what most people get an x-box for. Then any of the gears of wars games, or the halo games should do.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It all depends on what you like at the end of the day. There are loads of differtn games out there for every one to enjoy.

There are the big ones such as Call of Duty, but once youve played one of them you've played them all. the single players are really good tho, cos give them a try if your not going to play online

You can also pick up some of the old Metal Gear Solid games for next to nothing on the xbox now too, they are some really good games, kinda tough, so best tol play them in parts if you follow me.

Every one has been recomending Skyrim, and ive gotta agree! Its a really good game, the world is huge and there is a lot of exploring to do, and with the option to change the difficulty in pause menu means getting stuck becomes impossible

If your in the mood for some raching games, id have to recomend the Forza games, probably the best of their kind out at the moment for proper racing, for street racing, check out any of the older Need for Speed game, always a good laugh.

Hope this helps a little, if you need any others just gimme a shout

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Firstly for your FPS needs Battlefield 3 is the must have game.
For your driving needs i recommend Forza

For fantasy RPG needs Fable series, Elder scrolls Oblivion & Skyrim. And Fallout 3 and New Vegas. ( all have substantial DLC )

For sport games well whatever you are into but Fifa is good and so is NBA2K

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some great recommendations here to be honest, can't add much.

Mass Effect either 1, 2 or 3.

Red Dead games..

or get something like this

LINKYPOOS

Contains all these great classics...

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco The Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides Of Time
E-Swat
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations Of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium
Ristar
Shining In The Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic And Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Streets Of Rage
Streets Of Rage 2
Streets Of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Ve

Enjoy mate..
edit on 7/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

join